It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despicable: Cockroach Jesse Ventura suing wife of slain SEAL Chris Kyle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
He is suing the executor of the Sniper book. Just because Kyle is dead is no reason to drop the lawsuit. Money is still being made off of it and seeing how Kyle used the he punched Venture as a selling point of the book Jesse has every right to sue.

i quite agree. ventura has the right to seek regress for this, and the defendant switching to the wife simply means that she is now getting the money from the book instead of kyle.

nothing has changed. the honorable thing for kyle's wife to do would be to reach a settlement with ventura.

ventura is in no way attacking her, or exploiting her husbands death. please think before you feel.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
double post, please delete.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

What "people"? There was one other guy, Jeremiah Dinnel, who it would seem was friends with this Kyle character.

People attesting for Jesse include former seal Terry Moy, the owner of the bar where the alleged attack occurred.

edit on 1-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'm trying to find all these witnesses too.

edit on 1-6-2013 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

What "people"?

Debbie Lee, who lost her son, Navy SEAL Marc Lee, in Iraq, said the group was mournful and respectful. "It was not a belly-up-to-the-bar type of event," she wrote.

One of her son's SEAL teammates introduced her to Ventura, whom she found offensive. She said she heard him criticize the war and called President George Bush a jerk. Ventura could only talk about himself, she said. "He did not say he was sorry for my loss."

Bob Gassoff, the SEAL who introduced Lee to Ventura, said the former governor wore a beard braided into pony tails and a blue SEAL team hat. "He was badmouthing the war and President Bush. He was upsetting the families of deceased SEALs," Gassoff said.

Andrew Paul, a reservist Navy SEAL, said he notified Mansoor's family about his death and helped carry his body off the plane.

"I grew up watching [the movie] 'Predator' and professional wrestling. I thought it would be cool to meet 'The Body,'" he said.

But Ventura's behavior that night revolted him, Paul said. "He was saying the wrong things in the wrong place at the wrong time. In my opinion, he was being as anti-American as you can possibly get. Now, he would probably argue that he was being very American by challenging the government, but for a bunch of guys who had just laid their lives on the line for their country and who were at a wake for their fallen comrade, he's lucky the punch to the face is all he got."

Most of those swearing out declarations said they didn't see Kyle hit Ventura, but claim they saw the commotion and the aftermath as Kyle took off and Ventura clambered up from the ground with blood on his face.

Jeremiah Dinnell, an active-duty SEAL, was the exception.

"I heard Ventura say that we shouldn't be over in Iraq, doing what we were doing," he said. "And then he said that the SEALs deserved to lose some guys because of what we were doing.

"That's when Chris punched him. All of us wanted to. Chris was just the first one to pop him."

www.startribune.com...

People attesting for Jesse include former seal Terry Moy, the owner of the bar where the alleged attack occurred.

I have yet to see that reported, but what makes him any more credible than the eyewitness?

Is the bar owner a friend of Mr. Ventura?

In fact there is a number to contact the person who wrote the story at the end of the article and he can tell you more about the story than I can.
edit on 1-6-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Jessie Ventura is a filthy corporate disinfo shill, just like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck.

They all suck from the teat of the mainstream media and read the scripts from their overlords in big business.
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

i usually refrain from commenting/replying to your posts
as they tend to epitomize the heights of "sanity".

Interesting story that relates to CAFR's

Jesse Ventura, when he was Mayor of Menlo Park, MN did something remarkable: (This link is just to show he was Mayor of Menlo Park)
news.minnesota.publicradio.org...

Now look at what he did when Mayor and Governor of MN:

".. when he was Mayor, the city wanted to have a tax increase of $260,000, a small increase for the school districts. They said they were at a short fall of money. He looked and saw a $48 million investment fund sitting there, listed as idle funds, so he goes, "Here, take it from here." And he was the first person to openly admit as to the difference between the budgetary basis and the liquid investment funds. He was elected Governor, and also the first step he did was to target $7 billion in surplus funds for return to the public. Now, legislature, ok, who has their hands very deep in the pockets here, went to block him on the $7 billion and he was only able to free up about $1.8 billion, which equated to about a $800 check for every person living in the State of Minnesota."

SOURCE: Found in transcript, Part 2 of Walter Burien's Google Video "The Biggest Game in Town". (See pg 25)
www....(nolink)/?4gonggyomgx

forum.prisonplanet.com...
that should deny ignorance for this particular matter, as the "sanity" in general is obviously incurable

ROFL

maybe mr kyle should have left his affairs in proper order as to not cause his widow any inconvenience; due to any irresponsible actions or idle talk on his part ?

not even going to go anywhere near the "rightness" of the op's and those echoing righteous indignation
regarding a particular "poor widow", distinguishable only by not having been created by some of those spitting at mr Ventura.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

How has he earned anything remotely like the benefit of the doubt?

He has always been a classless jerk, this just cements it.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

So, Jesse Ventura is not a cockroach- or a piece of #.

In fact he is rightfully suing the people responsible for publishing a book that attempts to assassinate his character.

This is why fact checking is so important, because liars play upon our emotions- once you are invested, you rarely question how the lie came to be.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

He's a despicable scum sucking slime ball. And those are the nice things one could say about him. Oh as an aside, he's a narcissistic lunatic as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Let's look at the information so:
Chris Kyle, Navy SEAL WROTE (key word) about him having a 'fight' with former Navy Seal Jesse Ventura (although he apparently didn't use his name)
During the fight words of defamation of the military were supposedly spoken by Jesse.

The former SEAL said Ventura bad-mouthed and degraded the U.S. military in front of a group of SEALs. Kyle’s accusation, if true, is all the more egregious considering the fact that the SEALs had converged on that particular to commemorate the loss of a comrade who died throwing himself on a grenade.
“He was bad-mouthing the war, bad-mouthing (former President) Bush, bad-mouthing America,” Kyle told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly. “
He told us that we were killing innocent people over there, men women children, that we were murders,” Kyle continued, adding that he asked the B list actor to tone down the truther rhetoric just a tad.
“And then he said that we deserved to lose a few guys,” O’Reilly said. Kyle said he responded by laying out Ventura.
“That happened? You knocked him out?” O’Reilly asked.
“Well, I knocked him down.”

The Blaze

What then followed was a series over dramatized events involving Jesse, his son and Alex Jones.
Here's a load of videos and articles from the AJ 'perspective':
Jesse and Fox News
The Full Show
SEALS Lawsuit
Opinion of Death

You would have thought that somebody wouldn't have a grudge against a dead man...But then again this is just for extra bucks-Nothing more. You could argue that he going after the widow counteracts the 'slander', which is more disgusting than the act its self. The bottom line is: Both are as bad as each other..Oh and Jesse, I've never liked him.

edit on 1-6-2013 by ScorchedFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2013 by ScorchedFire because: Dodgey Url.

edit on 1-6-2013 by ScorchedFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

edit on 1-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

crap messed up on edit... whole msg gone now lol

damn.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Lysergic because: meh

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by mobiusmale

AHHHHHHH

The voice of reason..

You have no idea how much I appreciate your opinion, but I hope you understand my visceral reaction being a former Marine Sniper and all

given that you concede that, might the rather dramatic title of this thread have a few words removed?

Profiting from (allegedly) lying about punching an anti-war protester is not cool; especially after you made an oath to fight as a secret soldier - publishing books and going on public tours is not secret! It is especially uncool when you got all your kills in wars of occupation which themselves were based on lies.

Whatever the merits of Ventura, the fact he was there protesting against Bush and Iraq is a good thing to me. I'll put my vote in for the guy rooting for peace, not the guy who says in one breath that he feels "absolutely justified in every kill he made", and in the next breath will tell you stories about killing 16 year old marsh arabs indiscriminately.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I find it frightening that a sniper would physically assault someone for exercising their right to free speech. I don't see any proof that Ventura stated veterans deserved to die, his views against the Iraq war however aren't big news. So a sniper with a license to kill people prior to them having access to a fair trial has such little will power that he will assault someone in a bar for being against the Iraq war?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass
reply to post by Swills

I find it frightening that a sniper would physically assault someone for exercising their right to free speech. I don't see any proof that Ventura stated veterans deserved to die, his views against the Iraq war however aren't big news. So a sniper with a license to kill people prior to them having access to a fair trial has such little will power that he will assault someone in a bar for being against the Iraq war?

What discredits Kyles story for me are his own words. No matter how Kyles cheering section wants to twist it, Kyle wrote a book that glorified killing people at a distance, then later referring to them as jackasses. How unconscionable is that? I certainly would not put a lie past him.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by buster2010
He is suing the executor of the Sniper book. Just because Kyle is dead is no reason to drop the lawsuit. Money is still being made off of it and seeing how Kyle used the he punched Venture as a selling point of the book Jesse has every right to sue.

I don't agree with everything you post but I fully agree with you here.

Just because Chris Kyle is dead, a tragic and sad death it was, the fact is Ventura was still accused of something and all he wants is to clear his name.

Chris Kyle is dead, but the book still sells with the lies about Jesse. He has every right to continue the lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I do not know if they are lying or not and I really dont care. I was simply pointing out that you were wrong in your statement when you claimed

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Yet Jesse Ventura has never denied saying those things. His lawsuit comes from the fact he was punched and not that he said those things which caused him to get punched in the first place.

So again, I am not going to debate the merits of the suit, which I thought I was very clear when I stated I am not so sure Jesse can prove actual damages.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Assault and slander can both be used in a case.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by semperfortis

I think the more interesting and suspicious part of the story is why was Kyle killed and by whom?

Kyle was killed while taking another vet out shooting at a gun range. This vet had severe PTSD and kyle thought taking him shooting would help him out.

To be honest I have a ton of respect for anyone who is a combat veteran including Kyle......BUT I did not like how he bragged about his sniper kills. It showed a lack of empathy and not very fitting for a national hero.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Exactly. I find it amazing how many people are cheering this guy on without even knowing who it is that is now dead by his heroic actions of state sanctioned homicide. The whole idea that he would simply physically assault someone in a bar because they were against Bush/Iraq is sickening and frightening at the same time. I would like to know how many eleven year old Iraqis who simply burned the American flag are now rotting in a ditch somewhere with a bullet to the head.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't think Ventura has a chance of winning when the witnesses at the wake where the altercation happened signed declarations that they saw Ventura was hit in the face. Somehow I don't see a judge going against all the other seals especially when Ventura is such an egotistical blowhard. Are there any witnesses who saw the conflict and Ventura didn't get hit?

www.startribune.com...

Most of those swearing out declarations said they didn't see Kyle hit Ventura, but claim they saw the commotion and the aftermath as Kyle took off and Ventura clambered up from the ground with blood on his face.

Jeremiah Dinnell, an active-duty SEAL, was the exception. "I heard Ventura say that we shouldn't be over in Iraq, doing what we were doing," he said. "And then he said that the SEALs deserved to lose some guys because of what we were doing. "That's when Chris punched him. All of us wanted to. Chris was just the first one to pop him."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join