It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despicable: Cockroach Jesse Ventura suing wife of slain SEAL Chris Kyle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I disagree, but we all have our opinions. It is true he wasn't offcially a SEAL but was still part of an elite force from whom the SEALs were born. Those that want to hate and nit pick on Ventura love to use this arguement against him in the online world. In the real world it doesn't matter at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

I agree 100% and some how a star doesn't quite get the point across .

Ventura is a decent guy no matter how the media perception spins this case .

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I think the more interesting and suspicious part of the story is why was Kyle killed and by whom?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

We know who killed him but there's always a conspiracy angle isn't there?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So why would be sue SEAL for telling the truth?

I may have misread about his Viet Nam service, but that doesn't change the fact he is lying about being a Seal during that time.

And isn't that what he is suing Kyle for...supposedly lying about him?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Bilk22

We know who killed him but there's always a conspiracy angle isn't there?

Well it goes with the territory

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

He isn't lying, which is clearly all a matter of opinion, but since his old rate was merged with the SEALs in the 1980s, long after he left the service, he now considers himself a SEAL.

I've said it time and time again in this thread, SEALs were born from UDT and without UDT there would have been no such thing as a SEAL.

edit on 1-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Absolutely and I'm suspicious as well.

What news of the man who killed Kyle has come out since his death? Last I heard he was a former Marine who never saw combat duty but was somehow suffering from PTSD. Anyone have any updates?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Those that want to hate and nit pick on Ventura love to use this arguement against him in the online world. In the real world it doesn't matter at all.

Actually the article that questions his service duty was not an online article, but it just gets more exposure because of the internet.

In our real world it may not matter, but in the military world it actually does, as they don't take well to people calling themselves something they are not.

Especially with such a close knit family as the Seals, as you have to earn the right to be called a Seal not just say your one.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

When I say online, I'm not referring to that article but posters who argue hes not a SEAL on online forums.

In the real world, Ventura hangs out in SEAL bars in San Diego with his SEAL brethren and they don't seem to mind at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Last I heard he was a former Marine who never saw combat duty but was somehow suffering from PTSD. Anyone have any updates?

According to the Huffington Post he did serve in Iraq and helped in Haiti.

Routh joined the Marines in 2006 and rose to the rank of corporal in 2010. His military specialty was small-arms technician, commonly known as an armorer. He had been stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C., and served in Iraq from 2007-08 and in the Haiti disaster relief mission in 2010.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
And I also know Ventura is a corporate disinfo shill who despises the military (not hard to see why Ventura would be envious of Kyle; he was only a Storekeeper, Third Class!) And I also know Ventura is a liberal.

Originally posted by Sankari
And I also know Ventura is a liberal.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

In the real world, Ventura hangs out in SEAL bars in San Diego with his SEAL brethren and they don't seem to mind at all.

Obviously they do or he wouldn't be suing a Seal for punching him in that Seal bar now would he.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Here's the deal: all manner of despicable things are allowed under the law. The same law you were sworn twice to protect and uphold.

How's that for irony?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

What?

Jesse hangs out with SEALs in SEAL bars when he visits San Diego. Chris Kyle claimed he punched Jesse in said SEAL bar back in 2006. My point was a counter to your remark, "In our real world it may not matter, but in the military world it actually does, as they don't take well to people calling themselves something they are not.". You do know why Kyle claimed he punched Ventura, right? It has nothing to do with Ventura calling himself a SEAL.

edit on 1-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Chris Kyle claimed he punched Jesse in said SEAL bar back in 2006.

And Jesse Ventura claims he was a Seal when in fact he was not, but that lie is ok because Jesse says so?

Jesse says this didn't happen yet we already see he has a history of not exactly being truthful but in this case he is telling the truth?

And how do you know he hangs out in this bar when he is in San Diego, because he says he does?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by Swills

Heck I'm from West Virginia

I'm not even sure I can write

I'm not really the accusatory type.. I tend to be one of those frustrating individuals that takes responsibility for his own actions and not blame them on someone else...

Not really the accusatory type, huh?

Didn't you open the thread indicating that we have a ''cockroach'' amongst us that is ''human trash'' as well. Sounds to me like pure accusations if you ask me.

I'm more than OK with two cent opinions on matters that affect the masses as a whole, as we have a lot of issues that'll take collective thoughts of the masses to maybe correct the issues we face as a country. It does bother me though to see people getting worked up and involved with an issue that is between two parties, and holds no relevance to the lives of us as a whole. I thought the goal of this site is to 'deny ignorance'?

Everyone involved in the finger pointing on this thread should be embarrassed. Creating divide is all this thread is good for. The fact that issues like this get more attention than important issues is the reason 'We The People' are failing as a whole. Notice how half of the posts to this thread go off topic and relate the lawsuit to political ideals, past occupations, or other things that don't even relate to the issue at hand. Then, add to the fact that it's simply none of their business and has no affect on their lives... just ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I seriously doubt this. There have been MANY blatantly false stories about Jesse. Claiming he's been arrested and so forth.

One other thing it REALLY is disturbing to read where people who follow the LieStreamMedia are so quick to adopt a story like this when other stories presenting evidence and fact (that can be verified) are generally ignored by people like yourselves.

You people are the reason our country is in such dire straits

link   

Ah okay, he did serve in Iraq and was a combat vet. I only recall at the time of the shooting sources claiming he never went overseas, and I do believe they also claimed he was stationed in the US only. I didn't follow up since then. Thanks for the info.

link   
reply to post by Swills

You do know why Kyle claimed he punched Ventura, right? It has nothing to do with Ventura calling himself a SEAL.

No, it has to do with him telling the truth which has been shown he hasn't in the past.

If he is going to lie about his military service what makes you think he wouldn't lie about this?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join