Was just logged out of ATS...anyone else?

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Was browsing throught the thread 'First Image EVER of the Hydrogen Atom!' (page 2) when at 10:18 GMT i was logged out and taken back to the home screen.

First time that's ever happened to me...anyone else get logged out around this time?




posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
CIA monitors track ATS. I blame them for this.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I got booted off a little while ago.

Figured it was the midget wrestling I was watching but apparently not.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have had it happen before, it does kind of raise the paranoid hairs on the back of your neck.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX
 

I think the explanation is in cookies.
Once I log in to ATS, I don't normally need to log in again for a while. Every time I return i get logged in automatically.
But when the cookie expires, I have to renew the log-in. If it expires in the middle of an online session with ATS, then I get logged out and have to start again.
Does that describe your experience?



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I got logged out too. But then do remember it is a new month now so your cookie may have expired.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by MysterX
 

I think the explanation is in cookies.
Once I log in to ATS, I don't normally need to log in again for a while. Every time I return i get logged in automatically.
But when the cookie expires, I have to renew the log-in. If it expires in the middle of an online session with ATS, then I get logged out and have to start again.
Does that describe your experience?



This.

Happens to me, too.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
Was browsing throught the thread 'First Image EVER of the Hydrogen Atom!' (page 2) when at 10:18 GMT i was logged out and taken back to the home screen.

First time that's ever happened to me...anyone else get logged out around this time?



It happens sometimes ... no big deal you just log back in and carry-on ... I hadn't thought of it before but I think those mentioning expired cookies probably hit the nail on the head


Woody



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unmask The Deception
I got logged out too. But then do remember it is a new month now so your cookie may have expired.


Ahha!

You're right, thanks for that, not something i'd thought about.

Thanks for all your replies folks...kind of weirded me out for a bit as it's the first time i've noticed this happening on here.

Cheers.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Could ATS be using GMOs in their cookies? Maybe they expire when they mutate?




posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
yeah it happens every once in awhile. i don't return to the "home" i just click on my next thread and find i'm seeing the "non member" screen. normally i don't ever log out, i constantly have ATS up unless the computer is actually turned off (rare) or stupid windows does an update and shuts it down.

i think the "cookie" thing mentioned makes sense.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by MysterX
 

I think the explanation is in cookies.
Once I log in to ATS, I don't normally need to log in again for a while. Every time I return i get logged in automatically.
But when the cookie expires, I have to renew the log-in. If it expires in the middle of an online session with ATS, then I get logged out and have to start again.
Does that describe your experience?



I think the cookie expires in 30 days (IIRC and it hasn't changed). It has happened here. You would have to stay logged in with the browser open for that length of time.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
Could ATS be using GMOs in their cookies? Maybe they expire when they mutate?



i so wish i could star you for that



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
edit on 1-6-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Thanks again for your comments guys and gals, appreciate it.

Unless this thread is useful for someone else who might get a bit of a 'whoa..what just happened there then' moment, mods can go ahead and delete this thread if they want to.

Thanks people.





 
2

log in

join