It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Boy Discovers Meat Is Murder; Makes His Mom Cry..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

You forget that Christ ate animals. He also talked about sacrificing animals. Remember the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices in the Bible?
Acts 10:11-15: And he saw the sky opened and something like a great sheet lowered by the four corners, descending to the earth.

12 It contained all kinds of quadrupeds and wild beasts and creeping things of the earth and birds of the air.

13 And there came a voice to him, saying, Rise up, Peter, kill and eat.

14 But Peter said, No, by no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common and unhallowed or [ceremonially] unclean.

15 And the voice came to him again a second time, What God has cleansed and pronounced clean, do not you defile and profane by regarding and calling common and unhallowed or unclean.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

but why kill when it isn't needed? if i kill someone in their sleep is it ok? they didn't suffer, so i'm sure they won't mind being dead, right?
No they will not mind being dead because they are, well they are dead. I am sure that "meat isn't needed" concept will go over well with the inuits.

the misquito point is a logical fallacy known as "tu quoque". yes, i have killed a mosquito, though i try to limit the amount of killing i do as much as possible.

It is not illogical. You killed it, it did not suffer with that quick whack. And it made you a happier person that it wasn't buzzing around and annoying you.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

my simple question has always been "is causing unnecessary death and suffering for the sake of pleasure morally justified?" your answer to that seems to be yes.

The argument about suffering is a good one, when we take into account the abuses that exist in meat industry. But if the meat comes from sources that care about the wellbeing of the animals, then I dont see why it is immoral. So, my answer is death yes, suffering no.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

What in the world are you talking about? You are really out there. What Old Gods? I recognize one God and one God only Elohim.
Christians are not all Love nor was Christ, where did you get this warm fuzzy image of Christianity? True Jesus Loves all, but he also punishes, gives laws, casts out demons, heals the sick, has a temper (knocked over the money changer tables in the Temple). You are very confused about what and who Christ is and what Christianity is all about.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

my simple question has always been "is causing unnecessary death and suffering for the sake of pleasure morally justified?" your answer to that seems to be yes.

It is not unnecessary. Meat is very important in the human diet. Like I said, it wouldn't fly over too well with the Eskimo's. And I only know of sick people that kill for pleasure. Your typical more modern day meat eater does not take pleasure in killing anything. They take pleasure in NOT killing it.

edit on 1-6-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

then you would say that paying someone to kill for you, is ok? in other words, funding animal abuse is fine?

Yes paying someone to dispatch your food is fine. That's why we have butchers. Funding animal abuse is not. I would never condone such behavior. But do realize, western modern people that eat meat are totally detached from their food, animal and plants alike. It is sad.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Hollie because: this BBS is cray!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You cannot equate veganism or vegetarianism to being Christian. We have already discussed this. I just posted about Jesus telling Peter to rise up, KILL and eat. If you choose to not eat meat then that is a personal choice of yours but it is not Biblical so don't try and say it is. As far as you thinking that the pastey looking vegans and vegetarians out there are healthier than those of us omnivores, I beg to differ. I eat meat everyday, eat veggies and fruits everyday. I would challenge you to any physical contest you would like and see who is more physically fit. Show me a vegan pro athlete. There is no way possible to get all of the protein the human body needs from just plants. Not if you are active at all. I guess if you choose to be a couch potato then vegetarianism would be somewhat ok, but if you are active at all you need up to 1.4 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight per day.
We have the teeth for it, the physical need for it, there is nothing wrong with being an omnivore.
Answer me this. Plants are living breathing organisms as well. Why is it not murder to eat them? They respond to stimulation, they grow and reproduce, why is that not murder?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

I would challenge you to any physical contest you would like and see who is more physically fit...There is no way possible to get all of the protein the human body needs from just plants

We have the teeth for it, the physical need for it, there is nothing wrong with being an omnivore.

Do we..?

edit on 1-6-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

It is not unnecessary. Meat is very important in the human diet. Like I said, it wouldn't fly over too well with the Eskimo's. And I only know of sick people that kill for pleasure. Your typical more modern day meat eater does not take pleasure in killing anything. They take pleasure in NOT killing it

Some peeps take plesure from it. If you have time watch this video..

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I might not agree with the handling and treatment of these animals, and we as humans have a long ways to go before we do the right thing by these creatures. But I honor them, and respect any meat I eat

You cannot honour meat that you eat unless you have killed it yourself. Most animals are farmed instenseivly with very little regard for welfare. They are treated badly and they are killed badly. If you disagree and you have the time watch the video linked above: Earthlings. It is a real eye opener...

take care

purp..

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Meat is not murder in any sense of the word. Cows and chickens and pigs are lower animals put here to be food. Why do you think we have these Canine teeth? For ripping the meaty flesh of a tomato? No for eating meat.

Please explain about the teeth a bit more if you can... thank you

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

1st off Billy admits right up front all of the supplements he takes. That right off the bat nullifies your argument. He eats nothing but fruits and vegetables (most of which are uncommon plants not available naturally in the US or most other countries) and then has to supplement what he's not getting from supplements. I'm not challenging the wealthy well supplied exception. I'm no body builder, I am active. I'm challenging my vegan equal. Put Billy Simmonds up against his Mr. Universe counterpart and there is no comparison.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Animals are beneath us.

What makes you think animals are lesser than us. Is it simple because you can think they are lower that makes them less than us. Animals are all related to us they are distant and not so distant relatives.

We share about 35% DNA with a fruit fly and about 98% with a chimp. Really we are not that different and animals are certainly not lesser than us. We all share this planet together. We should be looking after the sovereign nations of the earth not trying to wipe them out.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If you really think meet eaters are healthier than vegetarians please explain why vegetarians live longer..

According to the preliminary results of a decade-long study, the vegetarian habits of religious group the Seventh-Day Adventists could cause the community to live longer. According to Huffington Post writer Annie Hauser, early findings from a vast study of 96,000 members of group from across the US and Canada indicates the benefits of a diet free from meat.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What in the world makes you think we are related to animals? Evolution does not hold water. I am not a descendant of a monkey or a single celled organism or any other animal. You are reaching there. As far as your argument is concerned then we must also be descendants of plants as well. According to you evolution worshiping folks life all started out as a single celled organism. So what is the difference in eating animals and eating plants?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The kid just didn't want to eat the octopus. If not, what is he going to do when he realizes that something had to die so that he could have rice and potatoes? When he realizes that by eating rice and potatoes, he's taking the food of animals away?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Huffington post is not a reliable source at all. Omnivores live just as long. The oldest woman alive at 105 stated that bacon was to blame for her longevity.
shine.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

since you accept that meat isn't needed to live (and indeed it is healthier to not eat meat, see the presentation i posted), logically speaking the only reason to consume it would be pleasure. which means that pleasure is a justification to cause suffering and kill. therefore one should be able to abuse animals for pleasure, animal fights for pleasure are also completely fine.

I do disagree.

I will admit that it is possible to live without meat consumption, but I do not agree that it is desirable or beneficial to do so. Your presentations notwithstanding, my own experience is, again, that a complete lack of meat protein leads to eventual loss of strength and concentration. I will also mention that since dietary recommendations tend to change with the wind, it follows that the official story on nutrition is not absolute fact. In the absence of absolute fact, I prefer to allow for personal choice.

Since personal experience, which is the forerunner of personal choice, does not in my case agree with your assertion that meat is not required or even contra-indicated in a dietary plan, I choose to follow my experience and allow you to follow your own experience.

And since this boils down to a disagreement over the need for meat in the diet, it is no longer about pleasure and the argument of animal fighting becomes moot.

Oh, and I do look upon those tear-jerker commercials exploiting kids with diseases with some disdain... not for the kids, certainly, but because they are being paraded like freaks, which they are not. Compassionate individuals do not need such to convince them to assist, and non-compassionate individuals could care less.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
Wow, that's a really smart little boy!! How cool that his mom let him make his own choice!! I love that!! And I DO come from a meat eating family, but this was so precious!!
TY OP FOR POSTING.......

Really?

Your going to give your 2 yr. old kid choices about what he can eat?

Sorry but as a parent you tell your 2 yr. old kid what he will eat.

I hate liberal parents...not saying anything in regards to you but just in general.

When you don't give kids choices they end up like YOU - unthinking promoters of authority.

Kudos to moms and dads out there who let kids think for themselves and make their own decisions (to a point, of course.)

Yeah, I guess I'm liberal scum.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well if he ain't gonna eat it, I will.

MMM, fried octopod

ps: ohhh it's turned into one of these threads, lol
edit on 1-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join