It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Boy Discovers Meat Is Murder; Makes His Mom Cry..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The mind of a child is a lovely thing. It is hard to argue with there logic sometimes. Luiz Antonia philosophies why you should not eat octopus...

I’m not posting this video to preach about vegetarianism or veganism, so spare me the grief (I still enjoy a good steak from time to time, even if it’s not often) but this little boy philosophizing about his octopus dinner is damned adorable.

dangerousminds.net...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Wow, that's a really smart little boy!! How cool that his mom let him make his own choice!! I love that!! And I DO come from a meat eating family, but this was so precious!!
TY OP FOR POSTING.......

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The kid needs a nice flavorsome piece of meat. Trust me. Once you have a taste of some good cooked flavoursome meat, there's no turning back!

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
Wow, that's a really smart little boy!! How cool that his mom let him make his own choice!! I love that!! And I DO come from a meat eating family, but this was so precious!!
TY OP FOR POSTING.......

Really?

Your going to give your 2 yr. old kid choices about what he can eat?

Sorry but as a parent you tell your 2 yr. old kid what he will eat.

I hate liberal parents...not saying anything in regards to you but just in general.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Oh but don't ya know Hope? It's the "New Way" of thinking. We're just too old fashioned. Didn't you know? All children have the capacity to make their own life decisions. It must have happened when we weren't looking. I seem to recall physical brain development remaining behind the curve until the late teens to early 20's...but hell, It's a brave new world where such little details are of no importance.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

TY OP FOR POSTING.......

Really?

I hate liberal parents...not saying anything in regards to you but just in general.

Nah, I didnt have that problem with any of my kids at that age. They all enjoyed a nice juicy stake at the age of 2 until present........my main point was, that's one smart kid!! Some kids are picky, my 8 year old refuses to eat eggs, but that's just cause he dont like them......
ppsstt...far from new age parent here...my oldest is 23....I'm an old age parent

edit on 6/1/13 by j.r.c.b. because: Added info

edit on 6/1/13 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

TY OP FOR POSTING.......

Really?

Nah, I didnt have that problem with any of my kids at that age. They all enjoyed a nice juicy stake at the age of 2 until present........my main point was, that's one smart kid!! Some kids are picky, my 8 year old refuses to eat eggs, but that's just cause he dont like them......

Yea...definitely some brains on that youngster and very good point. Sorry to go off on a rant there but I still have a taste of crappy pea soup I was forced to eat when I was a child.

Great thread

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I'm sorry... a kid that young decides not to eat his food, essentially grills his mother about it being an animal, and the mother just gives in and decides to never eat meat again.

Riiiiiiiiight.

I call staged, and there is nothing more disgusting than using a little kid to advance an agenda. Shame on whoever produced this propaganda.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Boy has probably been listening to TOO MUCH Morissey and/ or The Smiths.

Boy is probably a misogynist metro sexual who dresses nice just to let beautiful women know what they can't have just to irritate them.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
The kid needs a nice flavorsome piece of meat. Trust me. Once you have a taste of some good cooked flavoursome meat, there's no turning back!

I find it interesting that children often do not have a natural affinity to eating animals. It appears to be a socially taught behaviour . and ofc there is turning back that is why some peeps turn vegetarian.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Of course children have the right to make their own decisions. They need guidance and that should not involved being forced to eat things. I was forced to eat certain foods as a child it done me no good. I never touched those foods for years afterwards...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Go back to Russia!!

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

TY OP FOR POSTING.......

Really?

Yes Give That Kid a Choice!! My Parents were FAR from Liberal but they gave me a choice and I respect them more for it. A parents job is to guide the child, not force things on him that he doesn't agree with. Granted there are differences.. like you cant let your child play with loaded guns - But eating veggies for example is not such a strong issue as many kids balk at this.. This kid has an octopus in his plate. I wouldn't eat that crap either. The important thing is to get the nutrition into the kid.. give him a choice of another meat or veggie and find out what he likes. There are always vitamin and mineral supplements.

This extends everywhere in the relationship of a kid and parent over many issues, not just whats on his plate. Teach your child to make his own choices and not force the kid to do anything he doesn't like ( within reason) and the kid will love you more for it and become a more well rounded individual.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Children should have the ability to offer input and learn by guidance on decisions. They have absolutely no right to anything of the sort for making them, though. Parents are there to insure decisions are ultimately made in the right direction and for the right reasons. If they fail, I feel for a child...because they have neither the maturity nor intellectual horsepower to make those decisions themselves with more than a random crap shoot for luck in making the right one.

Of course, parenting is hard work. 7 days a week of it. No days off in this job. I can understand why it's much easier for many to suddenly endow children with abilities they physically do not possess for problem solving and rational thought. If they have these things, parents don't need to work nearly as hard...if much at all. The scary thing is how many parents believe this these days. Poor kids. Some never even have a fair chance.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I find it interesting that children often do not have a natural affinity to eating animals

That explains why they all tend to die when left alone in the wild. Oh..

Annnndd.. I was never given a choice as a kid about what I ate. It was either the corn flakes or the box, either way it's all there was for breakfast and I was happy as long as it had milk.

We didn't have the luxury to choose not to eat things.

As an adult however, I find it appalling that we only consider animals food. Food or .. on a farm. never something born free or without an ultimate goal for some human behaviour.

I eat meat. I don't pretend to be a hippy and sook about those who eat meat. I just wish the generic thinking was less selfish.

And I refuse to eat calamari, octopus or any sort of cephalopod. And I feel just that little bit sick when I see, in the frozen food section, bags of "Baby octopus, fresh caught".

Why not kitten platter, tails and all, or budgie surprise.

if we encountered a species of aliens that thought humans were nothing more than prey, I wonder how we'd react to seeing upside down babies, gutted and dripping, hanging from a stall in some road side market.

ahh humans though, not animals. you can't eat humans.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale
Go back to Russia!!

Holy Random Retort batman!

Lmao.

Because the russians feed their children meat too.

*apologies to sting.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

if we encountered a species of aliens that thought humans were nothing more than prey, I wonder how we'd react to seeing upside down babies, gutted and dripping, hanging from a stall in some road side market.

If the aliens were using us as food, they better hope that they are not tasty to us as we are a predator too. They might not like the idea if we started having them for diner. They would be wise to remember, man is the only known predator that is friends with his food.

Yes even fluffy and barky make it to the BBQ depending where you happen to be in this world.

Like most kids while growing up, I had no choice as to what I was going to eat at home or in a restaurant until I was around 7 - 8 years old. Mom and Dad knew what I liked and if we were at a restaurant offered me those choices. Allowing a 4 year old choose his menu is not very wise.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Not true - meat is murder, it is disgusting how much murdered flesh is consumed by humans.
Justify it all you like - but the truth is that is why men are so cruel.

."One should not kill a living being, nor cause it to be killed, nor should one incite another to kill. Do not injure any being, either strong or weak, in the world." ~ Buddha

."The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

Personally I do not think this will happen - apart from in the eyes of a few.
Mankind is too far gone and there is a schism between those who love all life, including animals and the many who care not what they eat and who has been, murdered and hurt just so their needs could be met.

Addit: before you say it - YES WE KNOW PLANTS HAVE FEELINGS TOO.
edit on 1-6-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If I gave my daughter complete control over what she ate, it would be nothing but tater tots and chocolate.

Having said that, my husband and I are pescatarians (eat fish, but no beef, pork, poultry), but I've always told my daughter it was her choice if she wanted to eat a hamburger or chicken or bacon. So far, she has chosen not to, and I'm good with that.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Its very different from being a spoiled brat who doesnt want to eat his veggies. If a child does not want to eat meat for ethical reasons, then I dont see why any good parent should not respect that choice. Treating the kid like an adult in some decisions is only going to be beneficial for their upbringing.

And this is like the cutest thing in the history of cute youtube videos!!
But possibly staged..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join