It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAO: HHS Already Rationing Enrollment in Obamacare’s Pre-Existing Condition Plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

WHAT !!

According to a United States Government Accountability Office report from April,

it seems we are seeing rationing afterall.

This is insane.

Apparently this is some kind of federal program established within the PPACA law.

And it seems to be because of M-O-N-E-Y of course

They can't even get it right before the full law takes effect

Something ain't right.

Maybe I'm not reading this clearly ?

the GAO report is titled:
"Enrollment and
Spending in the Early
Retiree Reinsurance
and Pre-existing
Condition Insurance
Plan Program"

A pre-existing condition health insurance program established by Obamacare is already straining its own budget and, to control costs, the administration’s Health and Human Services Department (HHS) has stopped enrolling any new people in the program, according to an audit by the General Accountability Office (GAO).

In addition, to further control spending, HHS has directed the program to shift more of the costs onto the current enrollees, thus raising the out-of-pocket health care expenses for the people with pre-existing conditions.

“Finally, due to growing concerns about the rate of PCIP [Pre-existing Condition Insurance Program] spending, in February 2013, CCIIO [under HHS] suspended PCIP enrollment to ensure the appropriated funding would be sufficient to cover claims for current enrollees through the end of the program,” states the GAO report, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Enrollment and Spending in the Early Retiree Reinsurance and Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan Programs....................

Please help make people understand this.

Anybody ?

Source Story

GAO Report pdf

Who got rich so far with this deal anyway?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There is absolutely no good news coming out of the ACA as it ramps up to take full effect in 2014.

Democrats have to be shaking in their boots over how this is playing out. (as us conservatives predicted).

They had better hope there is a major issue to take the focus off this before the 2016 elections roll around.

I would consider this a prime example of optimum motive for a false flag.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I really hate to say I told ya so...but damn, I earned this. We all did from 2009.

I TOLD YA SO! ! ! !

Sorry.. I feel better now. I had to get that out. Some bozo's really thought they could pass a magic law and somehow, like pure wonder, all would become free and all would be available to everyone who asked for it. Yup... Just Utopia come to Earth for all to enjoy. Yeah... Not like this line of crap hasn't been sold before. Mao.... Ho Chi Minh... Stalin... Yeah.. this is a tired tired approach and it never ceases to collapse under it's own rotten stack of promises ...impossible to keep in the real world.

Obamacare isn't even in effect yet and already, the KEY provision of covering those who cannot be covered? That's shot to hell.... So, the MAIN benefit is gone. History. kaput. Why are we keeping the rest of the garbage again? Oh Yeah.. It's too late huh? They wrote this so there was nothing to return to. Ever.

I hope we enjoy what we asked for. We did ask and all but demand free healthcare. Well, for our sins, we're going to get what we demanded. God Help us.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe we are going to see a situation where the cure is worse than the disease.

Kudos to you for calling it early Wrabbit....you are a wise one.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Basically pre-existing conditions or some genetic mutation (which they are not suppose to discriminate based on gene related problems GINA act) render you as literally uninsurable by most greedy insurance companies, and now the supposed provision to at least have coverage under the government program is fading.

If you have a pre-existing condition and are either self employed, or not covered under group insurance you are pretty much on your own, and if you do get insurance you will not be able to afford the premium depending on the condition, very sad.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Outcast (or eliminated by intentional neglect) because of something genetic. Hmmm, such a new and palatable twist on eugenics and the purification of the race of Man.

The new 1938.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Health insurance companies already ration healthcare, so this is nothing new.

Fortunately I live in a country where health insurance providers are required by law to provide coverage even if their customers have pre-existing conditions.

edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I'm sorry, but prior to 2009, no, health care wasn't rationed this way. This is something new and the idea that it's "Nothing to see here, move along now" is how we got here to begin with. It's time someone start caring or we'll be going to places like Mexico for BETTER medical care some day and telling our unbelieving kids how America USED to be where the rich and powerful, world wide, came to have life giving care given. Long ago. When we used to have among the best systems on Earth.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So there is rationing.
Already discussed, there are death panels. (see Paul Krugman's admission)
Premiums are increasing.
Unions don't want it.
Waiver requests are increasing.

Obamacare will be providing less care, poorer service at increased costs. Sounds JUST like a government plan!

(too angry to type coherently right now ACA really steams my carrots)

edit on 1-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Sankari

I'm sorry, but prior to 2009, no, health care wasn't rationed this way.

Yes it was. It was rationed by the government and by private health insurance companies.

Obamacare is intended to reduce healthcare rationing by these companies. I personally believe Obamacare is bad legislation and will only make things worse.

I feel so sorry for Americans. You've always had an expensive, inefficient healthcare system and it's not getting any better under Obama. In Australia I have free healthcare and I just take it for granted. We have so much wealth and freedom down here. I guess you can't relate to that.

Originally posted by beezzer
So there is rationing.

There was always rationing.

Already discussed, there are death panels. (see Paul Krugman's admission)

Krugman stated an opinion, he didn't state a fact.
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

While you're feeling bad "for Americans" can you explain to me when you've lived here to be an expert on how our system used to be? I'm getting a little tired of foreign nationals telling me how MY country operates as if they know better than I do, while I am living here and living in the middle of it. I approach topics regarding Australia with open curiosity...not superior knowledge to the locals who live there.

I'm stating as experience from 39 years of living in the United States and under this health system, No, it wasn't always rationed this way and this is a new downward spiral. It really started in the 90's with a turn to 100% For-Profit, before all else, medical care. It hadn't always been that way. (Anyone recall General Hospitals?). The solution with this atrocious nightmare of a 'Health Care Bill" just made a bad problem much much worse.

Now we're stuck with a big mess and we can't go back to what has been destroyed in the process of getting here.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Refute all you want. Those of us who were mocked when this legislation came out were right.

The Obama administration took a bad system and made it worse.

Now, we are forced by law to pay into a system that will provide worse care all so that the size of government could increase and their control would increase.

This is wealth redistribution. This is taxation for simply existing.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Little secret with Obama Care. Since they cannot check you for preexisting conditions, you can opt to not have insurance and simply pay the penalty for not taking it. Your tax bill will be less than your insurance payment would be. If you get sick, you can enroll for insurance and receive coverage. They cannot ask you if you are sick, so you pay less in penalties compared to actual insurance payments and are covered instantly if you do get sick. This little loophole was told to us by an insurance guy at work. He said that vast numbers of young people will use this loophole to avoid paying insurance unless they need coverage. I have not checked the numbers to see if he is correct, but if he is, this is yet another travesty to the those of us actually working and paying our bills. In the end, our premiums will go to pay for people working the system. The whole thing is a joke from the beginning and will destroy our way of life.

What is the penalty? $95

Story

How does this figure into your OP? I was under the impression that they cannot ask you if you have preexisting conditions at all. Since this is universal coverage, nothing can be asked regarding your health needs. I may be wrong, but this is what we were told at work. We are on a cafeteria plan with several other schools, so ours is different than the individual taking advantage of the loophole above.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is right "We told you so" but the healthcrap reform was going to be pushed regardless of what we the people want it or not, because it is after all suppoused to be the biggest pay off to the insurance business.

Still is gougingof the working class what this is all about, until they get the fair share of hard working Americans into the system is not money to pay for the so call "the ones that can not afford it" is just like SS you pay for the ones before you and the ones after us pay for us.

Already the billions that were allocated for the herd of people that can not pay pot has already reached the limit and the mandate is not even in full effect, the ones that jump on the pot are mostly people with pre existing conditions, the working class that is to be providing for that part of the population are not getting insurance yet so is not money building into the pot.

Socialized health care at its best.

So the insurance companies have to ration now until they can get more of the groups that will be gouged to pay for everybody else.

And the insurance companies are complaining that the government needs to enforce with more laws the mandate because that is the only way they can get the system running without bankcrupting

Obamacrap is going to fail eventually and I wonder who is going to take the fall or who is going to bailout Obamacrap

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh, another thing, Remember when Obama said that if you like your insurance you could keep it, well no so, now, if your private insurance do not meet Obamacrap requirement you can be penalized until you get an insurance that will.

Welcome to Obamacrap 2014

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Good info in your post.

Looks like a lot of people will do that.

I believe this program now is a preliminary "system" that appropriated 'x' amount of dollars to get by until 2014.

They ran out of money and I sure would like to know 2 things from the HHS (Health and Human S.S.).....

1. How could they have under estimated the costs and fell short so soon ?

2. And we have to wonder why they aren't just simply getting the money from somewhere ?

I wonder what they will do during and after 2014 when something goes out of kilter.

These mistakes could cost some people their lives.

Gotta wonder if this is a "test run" for the future death panels ?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Good info in your post.

Looks like a lot of people will do that.

I believe this program now is a preliminary "system" that appropriated 'x' amount of dollars to get by until 2014.

They ran out of money and I sure would like to know 2 things from the HHS (Health and Human S.S.).....

2. And we have to wonder why they aren't just simply getting the money from somewhere ?

I wonder what they will do during and after 2014 when something goes out of kilter.

These mistakes could cost some people their lives.

Gotta wonder if this is a "test run" for the future death panels ?

Have you considered this. Go to a pharmacy and you see a machine that reads your information from the system, then fills a pill bottle with your prescription. If they wanted to end your life, how can they do it from behind a computer?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Max Baucus and every other treasonous POS that voted for this should be hung from lamp posts

The Democrats committed suicide by supporting this.

In a way, I think that may be the final straw for the public, as this will have disastrous results for every household.

Let the blood pour in the streets, I say.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

You can not be serious with that source, can you?

Just in time for the height of election season, NIU History Professor Beatrix Hoffman has a new book out that takes a fresh and intriguing look at the history of health care rights in the United States.

Northern Illinois University

Quote from Beatrix Hoffman, of Northern Illinois University.
You may not understand why that is applicable, being from down under, but do a bit of research, starting with Obama's early years, before President.
(Hint Hint: Senator from Northern Illinois)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

Hmmm...Obama and Nancy Pelosi was doing the math?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join