It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant, hot-pink slugs found in Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

from flightless birds capable of disemboweling a man to giant glow-in-dark earthworms.

I'd like to see those....

I'd bet you have. They're called ostriches.

No. They are called Emu's.

Very similar to the Ostrich. ( African )

Ostrich v Emu

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I just came across this article myself, what an amazing find. Crazy how some animals or insects, invertebrates, whatever you wanna call it, can survive so long without science knowing or confirming they exist. New species are being found daily in some areas of the world from what I understand. From the rainforests to the volcanic craters to the bottom of the ocean, makes you wonder what crazy finds there are waiting for us in some of these places.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

very interesting find purplemer
. The beauties created in nature have always amazed 1.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee We have these guys, almost stepped on one on the front steps today. They get big too, bet they would make a cute couple!

Do you live on mount Kaputar too?

The existence of 8-inch fluorescent pink slugs on Mount Kaputar, a 5,000-foot peak in New South Wales, has only recently been confirmed.

The bizarre 8-inch creatures exist only in the alpine forest of Mount Kaputar in New South Wales.

Do you live in the alpine forest of Mount Kaputar in New South Wales, Australia?
edit on 2-6-2013 by Tribunal because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2013 by Tribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribunal

No we live on the California coast at the North end, we have the Redwoods and Banana slugs are all over the place. Regular slugs too are really big here. So ours are the Pacific kind.

The Pacific banana slug is the second-largest species of terrestrial slug in the world, growing up to 25 centimetres (9.8 in) long,[4] and weights of 115 grams (4.1 ounces).[5]

(The largest slug species is Limax cinereoniger of Europe, which can reach 30 centimetres (12 in) in length.)

edit on 3-6-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

Actually my friend, the bird the OP speaks of is a Cassowary.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Funny lookin' chicken.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
That is seriously a sweet looking slug. I mean, I would like to have one as a pet and possibly to eat because it looks rather tasty doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I knew once the gay marriage bill had passed this would happen.....

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

No we live on the California coast at the North end, we have the Redwoods and Banana slugs are all over the place. Regular slugs too are really big here. So ours are the Pacific kind.

The Pacific banana slug is the second-largest species of terrestrial slug in the world, growing up to 25 centimetres (9.8 in) long,[4] and weights of 115 grams (4.1 ounces).[5]

(The largest slug species is Limax cinereoniger of Europe, which can reach 30 centimetres (12 in) in length.)

But this isn't a banana slug. And I know for a fact there are no bright pink slugs in northern California. Nice try.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
That is so cool! As an Australian, this is just fascinating. Thanks for the thread!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost

But this isn't a banana slug. And I know for a fact there are no bright pink slugs in northern California. Nice try.

It was an excellent "try". Meaning they have big slugs too. As a matter of fact. The pink one, and the Banana one would probably make one AWESOME smoothie.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Shove one of them up ya nose ...

it's eight inches long though

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

It was an excellent "try". Meaning they have big slugs too. As a matter of fact. The pink one, and the Banana one would probably make one AWESOME smoothie.

No it was a fail. The topic is pink slugs that are only found in Australia. She said that where she lives, they exist too. They don´t.

The pink slugs in the op only live in that particular place in Australia.

Normal slugs are virtually everywhere.

I think everyone agrees that the extremely fascinating thing here is the fact that they are slugs that are pink.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I knew once the gay marriage bill had passed this would happen.....

That and an epidemic of shirtless muscle guys.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it was genetically engineered and released.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Make your choice...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
I wouldn't be surprised if it was genetically engineered and released.

That would make perfect sense, because they are pink.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost

I am sorry you must have misread my post. I was simply showing the similar large yellow ones we have here. ?? Sorry for the misunderstanding.

By this I meant the photo I included.

Originally posted by Char-Lee We have these guys, almost stepped on one on the front steps today. They get big too, bet they would make a cute couple!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribunal
reply to post by spacedoubt

No it was a fail. The topic is pink slugs that are only found in Australia. She said that where she lives, they exist too. They don´t.

The pink slugs in the op only live in that particular place in Australia.

Normal slugs are virtually everywhere.

I think everyone agrees that the extremely fascinating thing here is the fact that they are slugs that are pink.

The giant banana slugs in the on the pacific Coast are not common to the rest of the world.

She said that where she lives, they exist too.

There are all levels of reading comprehension. Some people need to read things more then once and carefully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join