It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose and why does it matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The Purpose

Have you ever seen the rain fall on a sunny day
Have you ever seen the sun fall beneath a shallow grave
Do you understand the truth through your intutition
Or do you ignore it and call it simple superstition

I don't understand the reason for life
I know it exists and I need to make it right
I toss, turn and struggle as I try to solve the puzzle
I hesitate and resist as if I were stuck in a muzzle

Sometimes for a moment I think I have it figured it out
Then the moment is gone and I'm left in a state of doubt
Why must it be such a mystery? What lurks in the depths?
What could life be and why do we need to be so perplexed?

What is the purpose and why does any of it matter?
I don't understand it and I wish could ask the mad hatter
It seems like a game and I don't want to play anymore
I guess it's a thorn and a problem I can't ignore

If only I could take a break and get some rest
If only I could get some answers and feel dressed
Instead I'm cold and feeling naked all alone
Instead I'm stuck playing the game, not knowing what is known.

I'll try, I'll learn and I'll perish
I'll be born again and I'll find something new to cherish
I'll do it again and again no matter how unpleasant
It goes around until I learn my lesson

-Epirus

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I like it!

how about the mad cat?

I taught him everything he knows...

he's a close friend

There ye go...

you already figured it out...

edit on 1-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

There is a secret that the ancients knew. We are here for a reason and that reason can be known. You can read it in the Shepherd of Hermas. You can read it in the Bible and you can read it in this quote from the Virgin of the World.

"If, then, even when immersed in flesh and blood, souls do not infringe the law of order, although under penance,--for union with the body is a penance,--how much more shall they conform thereto when delivered from their bonds and set at liberty!"

What is the secret? We are here, locked in this body (part divine and part animal) to repent. Doing penance is part of involution. We are here to overcome the animal for the inner spiritual nature of our higher self. In biblical terms, we are aspiring to love God and gain union with the Spirit by overcoming the law (Law is for those who are thieves). We overcome the law with love. We are overcoming selfishness. You can find the secret locked in language as well.

-Amni is the river of life.

-Amnio is the bowl that catches the blood of the sacrificial lamb.

-Amnion is the sac covering the womb.

-Amniotic Fluid is the waters of the womb.

-Amnesia is the condition of the waters (With involution, this is known as inconscious).

-Amnesty is the forgiveness that comes from Penance.

In biblical terms, this is baptism (involution into the river / Jordan) into the waters so we can rise to new life (Evolve). The concept is known to the ancients as Involution and Evolution.

Before, I was saying we are overcoming selfishness. Here is the verse that explains this in a veiled way.

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

18 items listed marking the beast of selfishness (Animal Nature). That's 6+6+6=18. We are baptized for the purpose of repentance. The wool is over our eyes (Amnesia). The Shepherd sheers the wool (Sin) away and washes it white as snow (Amnesty). He then returns it as a new Robe (Body - You must be born again), woven by the Shepherd Himself.

I enjoyed your poem. Here is the only poem I have ever written.

The Pendulum Swings

A seed is planted in a garden with care
Its fruit of expectations unknown
An invocation of Spirit to clothe
Something from nothing the goal

Mortal toil evokes the moving flow
Of swinging extremes to circle an end
With providence and patience a Gardener must tend
The Miracle of One from two

Like is to unlike
As right is to left
Blind wakes to new Light
As a vision obscured

The pendulum swings; must come to its end
Refinement and purpose revealed
The veil of choice leaves the first fruits behind
As one new creation transcends

edit on 1-6-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Epirus

I like it!

how about the mad cat?

I taught him everything he knows...

he's a close friend

There ye go...

you already figured it out...

edit on 1-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

The perfect one to reply to the thread

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The flower of life will set you free just the same as sweet sixteen...

Find it...

-Epirus

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus
The Purpose
Sometimes for a moment I think I have it figured it out
Then the moment is gone and I'm left in a state of doubt
Why must it be such a mystery? What lurks in the depths?
What could life be and why do we need to be so perplexed?

Life seems like a puzzle or a competition until it is seen to be just an amazing piece of art.
The mind is like a computer so it is constantly trying to solve, it takes everything a part so it can see how it works and then when it puts it back together again it does not seem to fit.
Don't try and figure it out - just see it.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Life is not a problem.

Lose all your questions and you will be free.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The purpose is to constantly seek truths, ask questions, work toward the future...This is all speculation, but something happened to me one day while I was sitting on the sofa.

I received a sort of insight into the reason we do not know everything there is to know in the universe like our origins, our purpose, our destiny, etc. If we had all knowledge, we would cease to think. We would experience the complete absence of thought. We would make no progress, we would have nothing to work towards, we would have no curiosity or sense of wonder. Everything would come to a halt and cease to exist. I had the experience that I knew all there was to know (in a deep sense) and experienced that complete absence of thought. It was like I stopped existing. It wasn't necessary for me to exist anymore. I think in the moment before death, we are maybe given the answers to all there is to know, and our reason for living is finally finished. Maybe we have to "earn" death? Because there is something greater beyond it? Our reason for living is to keep asking and keep moving forward. If that all stopped, our world would end!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
In illumination, I think one realizes that the purpose of this reality is to be as a layer of mystery. To be able to dive into the humanistic endeavor of knowledge efficiently, the developing of intuition is key. This intuition, of course, is commonly related to the third eye.

But I think with time people should realize that the purpose of life is subjective to each individual. If you want to look at the human race holistically, there isn't any reason to overcomplicate the matter. The purpose of this life is to experience. We are manifestations of the universe experiencing through consciousness. That is amazing. From a spiritualistic perspective, this is the realm of choice. We are learning.

I think that the lack of a hidden "god" figure coming down to enlighten us is what holds us back. And even then...n this front it must be recognized that at the tower of babel the god figure referred to the human race as unstoppable while it works together. The important thing to take away from my convoluted message is to trust your own perspective, or seek a better one intuitively. We are limitless. What is anything without consciousness? Make your own reality

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The only point of existance is being.

new topics

top topics

join