It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Feel You Live in a Police State?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Do you feel that your country is becoming more and more restrictive?

Do you feel it's like a Tyranny where you live?

Ofcourse the younger generation won't know the difference because this is the world they know, and a free world is probably out of their imagination.

If you do, please tell us why.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bartholomeo

No. I live in one of the richest countries in the world, I enjoy the benefits of a largely responsible society, the rule of law, and a stable political system. I have more freedoms than most other people on this planet.

I feel sorry for people in other countries where socio-economic inequality is rife, public services are poor, and citizens do not have the freedoms I take for granted every day.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If it is a tyranny, it is because WE THE PEOPLE have allowed it to become one. As far as where I live, I have my gripes but I don't feel my freedom is being restricted-YET.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Ofcourse the younger generation won't know the difference because this is the world they know, and a free world is probably out of their imagination.

Absolutely. Jeez, couple of months ago my front door blew open w/o me knowing it and my dog got out. Some neighbor called 911 cause they saw the door open and the dog running around the front yard and next thing freaking SWAT shows up with automatic weapons. Scared the crap out of me.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bartholomeo

Because I live closer to the US border than I want to right now.

Many Canadians are starting to think that living so close to the US is not such a good idea and that's why we are seeing more and more people looking for land further North of the US line.

Do I feel like I live in a Police State? It's getting closer because of the Canadian Govt. bowing down to the Obamanation doctrine.

But....Do I feel that I have no way out? Absolutely not. Canadians will fight like nothing the World has ever seen when (not if) it comes to the US attempting to take the North.
In that statement I would welcome ALL FREEDOM SEEKING AMERICANS ARE WELCOME HERE...PERIOD.

We are humans and NOT defined by our elitist defined borders of Country, Nation, Religion nor Race.

Are we in a Police State? Absolutely. Is it reversible? Absolutely...when the people rise in numbers enough to take back our World.

One statement always stays with me..."We will never be free as long as any plant is outlawed."

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
We are humans and NOT defined by our elitist defined borders of Country, Nation, Religion nor Race.

But wait a minute, you've already said:

Many Canadians are starting to think that living so close to the US is not such a good idea and that's why we are seeing more and more people looking for land further North of the US line.

Do I feel like I live in a Police State? It's getting closer because of the Canadian Govt. bowing down to the Obamanation doctrine.

But....Do I feel that I have no way out? Absolutely not. Canadians will fight like nothing the World has ever seen when (not if) it comes to the US attempting to take the North.
In that statement I would welcome ALL FREEDOM SEEKING AMERICANS ARE WELCOME HERE...PERIOD.

So you clearly define yourself by the borders of country and nation. Which contradicts your other claim.

Canadians will fight like nothing the World has ever seen when (not if) it comes to the US attempting to take the North.

Good luck with that, let me know how it works out for you. All 30 seconds of it.
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Wow, just Wow. Have you ever been to the US or Canada? Have you ever had the delight of trying to cross that border? Do you even own any firearms or is that still allowed in Australia? Ever been to an American ER / police check?

Been following the US "ban guns at all costs" efforts by they "progressives?" Have you noticed California confiscating weapons from people they believe "mentally ill?" How about our veterans who are loosing their rights to bear arms because someone at the VA decided they were a threat?

edit on 1-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2013 by Bassago because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Thanks for your reply, and I'm glad to hear things are going well down under.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Glad to hear that. Don't let your freedoms become restricted ever.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Well damn! That is definitely a police state, keep tabs on the neighbors that snitched you.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well I totally understand what you mean. It is apparent that the US is becoming more and more of a police state, but Canada is not far behind, specially since the G20 in Toronto where the Canadian govt. spent 2 Billion $ in security and treated the people like cattle.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
To answer your question, no. You choose where you wish to live. And I chose to live in a home rule community. Our local government is the people. And the police, who are held to a high standard, are our friends and there to help us.

So where did you choose to live? And why, if you feel the police are so threatening? No where else in the world do you get such a wide variety and choice. So take advantage of it!

Oh and guess what? Fracking is banned in our community!
edit on 1-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Good luck with that, let me know how it works out for you. All 30 seconds of it.

Spoken like a true Patriot. But wait! What is that anymore? Oh yeah...a terrorist.

Your Govt. words...not mine.

If you think it's so easy then you are clearly what? 17 yrs old?

The US has nothing left on your soil but wannabe police and pretend DHS,TSA (proven as nothing but uneducated criminals and pedophiles)...everything you have is overseas invading, killing and destroying innocent Nations in order to protect your elite. and you're ok with this?

I'll meet you at the border.

Jude11

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Sankari

Spoken like a true Patriot. But wait! What is that anymore? Oh yeah...a terrorist.

Your Govt. words...not mine.

If you think it's so easy then you are clearly what? 17 yrs old?

The US has nothing left on your soil but wannabe police and pretend DHS,TSA (proven as nothing but uneducated criminals and pedophiles)...everything you have is overseas invading, killing and destroying innocent Nations in order to protect your elite. and you're ok with this?

I'll meet you at the border.

Jude11

Peace

OK
"If you think it's so easy then you are clearly what? 17 yrs old?"

Glad you pointed that out first. S&F
edit on 1-6-2013 by Bassago because: add quote

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
A police state? Is that one where you actually see a policeman on the street more than 2 or 3 times a year?

Apart from a couple of guys standing outside Glasgow Central Station, don't think I've actually seen a policeman all year. No police state where I live!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Do I think we are living in a police state?

No.

It seems as though, where I live , in western Washington State USA.

The police seem not to bother me at all because I do not break the law.

Actually they have never bugged me. I guess I am just a law abiding citizen. ?

It is easy. I just follow the rules and stuff. And I'm free to do everything that is allowed.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Well I totally understand what you mean. It is apparent that the US is becoming more and more of a police state, but Canada is not far behind, specially since the G20 in Toronto where the Canadian govt. spent 2 Billion $ in security and treated the people like cattle.

Abso-freakin-lutely my friend.

And that is why I am getting ready and making sure that my friends and family understand the #-storm that is coming.

I have stopped playing PC and Nice-Nice with feelings.

Get ready or give up. The only 2 choices remaining..

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfHart

No.

It is easy. I just follow the rules and stuff. And I'm free to do everything that is allowed.

Finally...

A "Carry on...Nothing to see here" poster has surfaced in the true sense of the meaning.

Nice to see you and ...

Keep following those rules...
I'm sure you'll be rewarded from Janet.

Peace
edit on 1-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfHart

No.

They never bother me either, when I do occasionally get pulled over I am always polite and they are very polite back until the issue is settled. I usually get off with just a warning about this or that.

I don't think people understand what a police state actually is. The US has been a police state at certain times in our history and today is absolutely nothing like that.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
No. I live in one of the richest countries in the world, I enjoy the benefits of a largely responsible society, the rule of law, and a stable political system. I have more freedoms than most other people on this planet.

I share your sentiments. I too live in a rich, stable and advanced country. My police are unarmed and few and far between. I can do what I like.

I see many people ranting and raving of the approach of the police state. Methinks these people should get off their bums and do some travelling. Take a trip away from their comfy European, North American or Trans Tasman homes for some other place where civil liberties and the application of law is less important to the State.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join