It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY ro LA in 45 minutes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

They didn't say a word about what kind of brakes it uses.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

Yes, there's a whole lot that the general public doesn't know about; we are 20-50 years behind some of these "secret projects/ technologies.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

em...

I was being sarcastic, obviously there are no existing giant tube's, or any kind of hidden technology that's 50 years in advance.

The world just doesn't work like that.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
(4000/60)/60=1.11111111111 miles per second

I bet that a significant portion of the trip is spent accelerating and decelerating.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
At 4,000 miles per hour, I don't believe I want to be on a tube suspended by magnets going over fault lines that we have no chance of predicting at this point in our development.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Why do people need to get someplace in such a hurry. I have an old snowmobile and like to travel about twenty miles an hour, I can't use the snowmobile trails anymore, I'll probably cause an accident because everyone else is doing sixty plus. I thought the whole traveling through the woods was so you could enjoy the scenery. I guess the people will enjoy the forty five minutes staring at a tube.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This plan has been around for years

If you play around on this consperacy site, you can read some stories about how this type of transportation is already around

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The speculation here reminds me of old news papers and articles from the early 20th century. Some people were scared spitless of the automobile. Citing that such velocities had the potential to suck the air right from one's lungs. Also the unknown consequences of breaking "God's laws" by traveling so ridiculously fast.

I predict this or similar technology will be developed. It will have problems, some people will die in a pink mist in a tube vs. a red splatter on the pavement. In 50 years it will be common place and very safe. Our grandchildren will chuckle fondly at us while reading old posts and articles like this one.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I like scenery as much as the next guy, but I have to admit, there are benefits to travelling such distances so quickly. It would be cool to have something like this that crosses the Atlantic. I would love to be able to come stateside in an hour or so and see my family, or they me!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright

em...

I was being sarcastic, obviously there are no existing giant tube's, or any kind of hidden technology that's 50 years in advance.

The world just doesn't work like that.

Evidently you consider the retiring head of Lockheed Skunkworks [that produced the SR71]

to be a liar when he said that we were AT LEAST 50 YEARS ahead of everyone else.

I don't. I believe he said what he meant and meant what he said . . . and that he was roughly quite accurate.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Getting a straight line right of way plus the cost of all the tunneling that would be needed to go through mountain ranges would kill the project.you might be able to go from texas to canada across the great plains and get away with it.
But not from coast to coast.

At one time they looked at high speed rain from LA CA to Las Vegas NV but found the exsising rail route had to tight of turns for high speeds. this meant building a whole new rail route and that killed the project.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

oh well thats ok, as long as he said it, that's fine by me, he also said we can already travel to the stars

do me a favour eh

PROVE IT

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
As I sort of mentioned on page 1 I don't see this technology being used for the general population any time soon. If this is built its going to be used by government officials and business people. 6 persons per capsule .. Even if the train had 10 capsules that's only 60 people, not exactly your economical public transport. Once/if its built it will like the train version of the supersonic Concorde. Quick travel for the people who can afford it

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The manufacture and construction seems impossible to me. We kind of understand the level of labour and materials needed just to make an underground tunnel in a city from one point to another, and yet these guys think this could be viable within a few years?

I'm sorry, but I think even if they could start up twenty factories right now, working 24 hours a day, full throttle with all the materials needed to create this kind of infrastructure, it would take DECADES to build even half of what would be needed.

It's a nice idea, but for the kind of physical infrastructure that would be needed for an over or underground system of such length it would be virtually impossible to accomplish - and that's from the supply of materials, through manufacture to construction... it's just too intensive to ever be practical IMO.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Let me see...

If you leave New york at 12 noon -- you will get to Los Angeles at 9:45 A.M.

Kind of like Junior Sample used to say on HEE - HAW,"No, I don't want a ticket, I just want to watch that sucker take-off!"

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

Naw. I don't have any great need to

PROVE IT

to anyone.

At 66+ I'm a little older than I used to be.

Now, I don't have to learn EVERYTHING the HARD way by personal experience.

I've learned to filter evidence.

Those who pretend, assume, fantasize, are addicted to the dogma that the pseudo-scientific method is the ONLY ROUTE TO TRUTH can wait until the truth slaps them hard upside their heads.

I don't know if the allegations that such trains and tunnels are already running between DUMBs is absolutely true or not. I suspect there's some truth to it. I certainly wouldn't be that surprised if such were running between Sandia labs, Dulce, Los Alamos and Area 51 etc.

I'm still skeptical that they are running between continents.

But it's a free country. Folks are welcome to avoid belief in all kinds of interesting stories. What with all the disinformation floating about . . . who knows precisely what's true.

Yeah, I believe the Skunkworks head about our having a capacity to travel "to the stars."

edit on 3/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: tense

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
HI think it was the modern mmarvel show that did a one hour show on this technology and tbe people wanting to implement it. Tbe difference was they were talking about connecting ny to europe. Pretty good 1hr worth watching. It discuss the safety and engineering hurdles

top topics

<< 1   >>

join