It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military memebers, Lets share our UFO/USO stories!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
I think the most we can do at this stage is what this thread was set up to do--to collect and present to ATS readers a collection of personal military personnel's experiences and OBSERVATIONS with UFOs/USOs.

That's quite a bit--IF--we could get many dozens of folks to do it.

Oddly, though, other than the Russian spy ball lightning thing, I don't think I ever saw a "UFO" during my years in the military. Grant you, most of the time I was pretty busy and not looking for that sort of thing, and you're more likely to see "UFOs" in the AF or Navy *coff* as Army doesn't get into that.

My late eldest brother was the King o' the Sonar on a missile frigate in the 70s, and yep he had LOTS of stories to tell.

Eldest Bob had all sorts of Navy related sightings but the three Army Bedlams did not. We had several of them as kids and AFTER the Army but not during.

Now, I did see some really oddball military related stuff that was most obviously military of the you-didn't-see-anything-move-along variety. But not UFOs.

As a contractor, now, that's a different story.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm ex Army, I never saw anything unusual. Not unless you classify muslims blowing themselves up as unusual anyway.
edit on 4/6/13 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Oddly, though, other than the Russian spy ball lightning thing, I don't think I ever saw a "UFO" during my years in the military. Grant you, most of the time I was pretty busy and not looking for that sort of thing, and you're more likely to see "UFOs" in the AF or Navy *coff* as Army doesn't get into that.

That's my understanding too, vis a vis the Navy and Air Force vs the Army

My late eldest brother was the King o' the Sonar on a missile frigate in the 70s, and yep he had LOTS of stories to tell.

Any you can and are willing to share 2nd hand? I'm keenly interested.

Eldest Bob had all sorts of Navy related sightings but the three Army Bedlams did not. We had several of them as kids and AFTER the Army but not during.

Those are also of interest to me--particularly anything outside the routine of such things--if there can be said to BE a routine to them. LOL.

Now, I did see some really oddball military related stuff that was most obviously military of the you-didn't-see-anything-move-along variety. But not UFOs.

As a contractor, now, that's a different story.

Welllllllll, Wouldn't want you in trouble re your livelihood! Or your freedoms.

Short of that . . . what can you share from either category?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I realized I need to say this, otherwise I won't be able to sleep at night, and far worseley, knowing that certain authorities presently, like to kill and jail people for far lesser infractions. And also, I -did- "say this", but it was in one of those posts I had removed. (Sorry, but I got jumpy and discouraged.) The "this" IS: In regards to my Disclosure of the "teletype" on page one,

It was 'determined' by the people who were "hauling (me) in" on that base, for the ufo telex, that it was a "hoax", created by comcenter person, which realization of that, 'encouraged' me to feel cooperative in bringing it back to where it belonged, (which was into those authorities' possession).

Otherwise, the first page looks like I am committing a flagrant violation against 'national security'.

We all must be good little sheeple and obey the PTB, even to our own demise. We are da**ed if we do, and da**ed if we don't, aren't we.

Now I feel so much better. (That I know of.)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
OK. I've been lurking here for years finally registered so I could share my experiences during my time in the military.I am an Army vet. I was a cavalry scout. I have had several experiences whotherile in the military.1986 ft Riley Kansas. The whole platoon witnessed this,it was during A field exercise at approx 0200 am.it was a moonless night and high in the sky was an object that looked as if it was made of neon tubing.it was square and blue in the center was a solid red circle. This object zig zagged across the sky.it never disappeared it just sailed over the horizon.
The next experience takes place at Ft irwin california.the national training center 1987. I was part of the OPFOR.we played the part of the Russians and used their equiptment and called each other comrade,well myself and my squad mate were manning an observation post in the desert overlooking the Amerikans,this was just after sunset.All of a sudden 2 triangle shaped Aircraft zoomed overhead at great speed,they were solid black.No one believed us.3 years later I saw these same object once Again during the first gulf war....they were. F117 night hawk
During the gulf war,the actual 100 hours of combat,the ground war,my unit was the most forward deployed.the last night of the ground war my squad was on patrol our attention was.drAwn to the sky there we saw an enormous triagular shaped object.it had numerous lights that outlined its perimiter it was moving slowly.at first we thought it was a formation of aircraft but then we realized it waS solid because it was blocking out the starlight as it moved.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup86

Originally posted by ByteChanger
I once spoke to a bomber pilot from ww2. I asked him if he believed in UFO's and he said "damn right I do".

He told me ufo's were all over the place. They would pace along side the plane just out of gun shot range. Apparently if you shoot a bullet, it only goes so far and then falls toward the earth.

Once, he radioed the gunner in the bubble on top of the plane and asked if he could see what he see's... Apparently there was a huge cigar shaped mother ship with a bunch of small ships going into it. He said the mother ship was huge, miles long... He said they could tell how large it was by comparing it to the stars...

IHe also said one flew straight at him, at the last minute, zooming just over him, and caused his plane to flip over backwards...

He said when they landed they were debriefed... basically told they did not see what they saw, never to speak of it, etc, etc, the usual stuff you here...

The guy was serious, and I believed what he had to say...

Not my story, so, hope you don't mind. But an undocumented story from a veteran in Canada.

Sorry if my terminology is wrong... I don't know anything about bombers, but I think the basic jest is there.

Awesome stories, thanks, and glad you shared.
edit on 1-6-2013 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

Nice story but did you really just explained me gravity also works for bullits? I mean really?

Of course gravity works for bullets....they are made of matter. A bullet will only travel so far, and then it begins to drop to the ground as it runs out of momentum. Even for something like a .50 caliber, it would be most a few miles.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNightSky

high in the sky was an object that looked as if it was made of neon tubing.it was square and blue in the center was a solid red circle. This object zig zagged across the sky.it never disappeared it just sailed over the horizon.

Welcome to ATS NightSky!

Thanks for sharing that. You're description of a "neon like" red and blue thingy (sort of) reminded we of what I saw one night. The most intense blue and red I have ever seen on something in the sky at night. Couple with its speed, silence and abrupt change of direction, I remain convinced to this day that what I saw was not of this world.

Always interested to hear from others who specify the "neon" colors of red and blue associated with their sighting.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Its hard to post on this phone but the object looked like 4 blue neon tubes arranged in a square.black inside with a neon red solid circle in the middle.nothing blinked it was constant light.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Great theme OP. Thanks for starting it. It appears some folks somewhere don't like this particular topic of discussion based on the numerous attempts to derail and discredit any discussion such as this.

I hope I'm not the only one who's seen/read this

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister
I'm ex Army, I never saw anything unusual. Not unless you classify muslims blowing themselves up as unusual anyway.
edit on 4/6/13 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

I guess it depends on where you saw that as to how unusual it is, if it was in North Dakota, then yeah, that's unusual.

I'm glad I never had to get any closer to the Sandbox than Bahrain, sometimes I'm glad I went Navy instead of Army, Marine, or Air Force. Sure there are Navy guys over there, but not very many when compared to the other three.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNightSky

Welcome to ATS!

You're first story sounds kinda like what I saw in the Gulf and I've heard similar stories from a lot of my Navy buddies. I wonder what that was?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Thanks! There are always some who will try to derail and discredit, but I know for myself I was just trying to keep people from revealing to many details, so as to keep them from getting in trouble. A lot of us active and former military guys try to look out for our own. As and E4 I had 5 people under me, and I did my best to keep them from getting in trouble.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ill add my .02...

2008, I was working as a security officer in a nuclear plant in Louisiana, I got around to training in the "red room" (basically the hq). On one of the observation systems (think radar) we could see planes at a distance traveling, and their altitude. There was a contact that didnt fly in like the rest of the planes. It just appeared. Stayed on screen, but kept a good distance for most of the day in one position. This activity repeated for the entire week. Sometimes the location was different, the times it showed up was different, even the altitude at which the object would hover would vary. It never got it close enough to trigger any alarms or defensive systems... but it was weird as hell. One day I finally asked one of my coworkers about the contact on the screen and he replied "everything that haopens in there is classified. The only thing you see are planes. If Its not a plane its a helicopter. If its not a helicopter, its not on the screen."
That and many many other weird occurences there made me a believer.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

I have wondered that for almost 30 years now and I still have no idea

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join