It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consumers Will Soon Have Devices In Their Hands To Detect GMO and Toxic Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well I certainly can't wait to be able to have something like this at my disposal soon..

I had a Banana the other day that made me sick..it was all stringy..eww....

read on!

In the not too distant future, consumers will be able to run on-the-spot tests for environmental toxins, GMOs, pesticides, food safety and more with their smartphones and other hand-held devices. Every human being on every developed nation on Earth, whether living in a rural or isolated area, in the middle of a large city, or near an industrialized area, now contains at least 700 contaminants in their body including pesticides, pthalates, benzenes, parabens, xylenes and many other carcinogenic and endrocrine disrupting chemicals. We are being bombarded on a daily basis by an astronomical level of toxicity, all controlled by chemical terrorists on behalf of the food industry. Morever, many of these toxins affect our fertility and those of successive generations. It’s time for people to know exactly what they are putting in their bodies and technology is coming to the rescue. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign researchers have developed a cradle and app that uses a phone’s built-in camera and processing power as a biosensor to detect toxins, proteins, bacteria, viruses and other molecules.

www.realfarmacy.com...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I would love to have one of these. Hopefully the Nazi's in D.C. don't find a way to stop it. Its criminal that our government still lets Monsanto operate when Europe and Russia have banned them.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If we get one of those detectors there won't be much on our plates, by my studies, I find that most of the food in the store has some kind of toxins added or GMO in it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

From source:

researchers have developed a cradle and app that uses a phone’s built-in camera and processing power as a biosensor to detect toxins, proteins, bacteria, viruses and other molecules.

Headline News for 6/1/2013 - Monsanto purchases Patent from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for an undisclosed sum

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Yea, we are all screwed..

I'm not even gonna tell you about my wierd Avocado I had..
edit on 1-6-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

From source:

researchers have developed a cradle and app that uses a phone’s built-in camera and processing power as a biosensor to detect toxins, proteins, bacteria, viruses and other molecules.

Headline News for 6/1/2013 - Monsanto purchases Patent from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for an undisclosed sum

Awesome!

Will this invention take away from the See Through scanners that mobile phones have? You know the ones, where you view someone on the screen and it removes their clothes.

I mean, that's real, right?

biometrics, must be the new buzz word.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

It'd be nice if it actually works..

There must be some organic food out there......................................somewhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well there is lots of made up fear mongering in that article but I will admit that knowing what you ingest should be a right for every citizen.

I am all for the labeling or detection of GMO foods and if they don't want to comply their product should be removed from public consumption.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This will cost a bit, probably. No doubt about that. I don't see it being readily available within the next few years or so, either. Not to be a negative nini.

On the bright side, it is a large step in a good direction. I've read books like Skinny Bitch... About GMO foods and FDA regulations... I despise the FDA on multiple issues... GMO being one of them.

Did you know... that our fruit is GM'd with fish cells so they stay fresh while frozen-shipped to various places across the country. Why? Because the fish DNA doesn't freeze.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Exactly how are they going to turn a cell phone into a bio sensor? They're adding nothing but a bit of programming, how's that going to detect anything? Cell phones are not equipped with tiny labs, so how is this going to draw a sample and determine what's in it?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

there's already an app that uses the camera to stress test your finger... it's thermal sensitive... it actually felt like it was burning my finger print off.... Needless to say, I don't use that app anymore...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

From source:

Well.. that was fast.

edit on 3-6-2013 by Starcrossd because: added emoticon

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Lol. Nevermind the brain cancer your cellphone is giving you, and completely forget about all the toxic industrial processes that created the cellphone in the first place. Now they've made eating organic simple! For the vegan on-the-go!

This culture is seriously ill...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Sign me up. ...but rickymouse is right - won't be much left to eat if we turf the contaminated stuff.

Good catch tho.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Why didn't I think of this to make money?

join