It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The terrifying Hitler tea pot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Oh now, what more could we ask for? I love the Hitler Tea Pot. I can throw him on the stove and watch him blow his brains out the steam hole over and over again, whenever I'm feeling down. Fun for the whole family with a high replay factor! See if he blows better on a setting of 5 for a slow boil to madness or a full 9 for a fast blowout.

Oh the possibilities. Colored water would just add to the fun, wouldn't it? What better way to remember the evil old fruit loop?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The fact that this story was more important than SO many other huge things going on kills me.

These are the kinds of stories that make news.

Don't you understand, America?

THESE are the problems that MATTER.

You silly Americans, you just don't understand real issues.

edit on 1-6-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: stupid broken video

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

The same people who see Hitler in the tea pot are the same ones who see things out of Mars rocks. If we look hard enough we can find all kinds of images in everyday things.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

wrabbit you always make me laugh...out loud like some looney...thanks for all the times you have made other folks in the same room as me question my sanity...hahah

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is silly and infuriating at the same time.

The people who complained should get their priorities straight and maybe GO AFTER THE REAL NAZIS of our time?

"Our government is becoming tyrannical, we are losing rights and freedoms, we are being spied on... That's beside the point though, that kettle looks like Hitler, lets spend vast amounts of effort getting that billboard down GO 'MURICA!"

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well thats a weight off my mind. Obviously the continued promotion of this teapot would have lead to futher marketing along the same lines. Zyklon B infusion teabags, V2 automatic toasters, Panzer brand running shoes, self mixing wall paper paste called The Final Solution...

Although I am the staunchest of anti-fascists, the idea that a teapot looks like a dictator from yester year, is hardly as much cause for concern as the other events and heresies you mention in your OP. This is a great indication of how idiotic the world is. Nice find!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Well thats a weight off my mind. Obviously the continued promotion of this teapot would have lead to futher marketing along the same lines. Zyklon B infusion teabags, V2 automatic toasters, Panzer brand running shoes, self mixing wall paper paste called The Final Solution...

Although I am the staunchest of anti-fascists, the idea that a teapot looks like a dictator from yester year, is hardly as much cause for concern as the other events and heresies you mention in your OP. This is a great indication of how idiotic the world is. Nice find!

Lol

V2 automatic toasters, anyone? No one would expect to be killed by a toaster.

Great invention.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
That is definitely Charlie Chaplin.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It actually does look like Hitler to me...not that it's enough a reason to ban the item.

Imagine if the general population knew what most of the symbolism stands for in Washington for example, would they ask to bring it all down? Or the statue of "Liberty"? Or what's behind your damn dollar bills?

People that wanted to see that evil teapot disappear from existence must feel like they actually won a glorious battle against tyranny now that it's gone for good.

First steps into bringing down the evil in this world? Sloooowly but surely right!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If you give it a quick cursory glance it sort of looks like Hitler from a Southpark episode.

Seriously, people were offended by this?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
All that fuss over a teapot?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
All that fuss over a teapot?

LOL

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Power to the people! We can rally peacefully to remove a billboard...... sweet.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
From the point of view of PC, this is of course a laughable matter.
However, from an esoteric or occult point of view it is not entirely ridiculous.

It can be argued that some of these spirit groups still exist, and they are fighting a spiritual war behind the scenes, and much of this can be tracked in advertising, popular music and films in unconscious messages.
Also, while Hitler promoted German classical music and Fascist marches, his all-time favorite track was titled "Tea for Two."

I can see this in my country of birth (Hungary), where the neo-Nazis have recently revived many of their favorite gestures and symbols, together with their virulent anti-Semitism and hatred of people of color (including indigenous Gypsies, which group was also mass murdered in the Holocaust). (I must point out that most of these guys over here do not respond positively to pictures of Adolf, because their beliefs are tied to this nation and not Germany. The same is true of Russian neo-Nazis.)

One teapot ad in America will naturally not do a trick of spreading a Fascist sensibility (which is more of a danger in other countries) on the one hand, but the sensibility of those that made Penney take it off, on the other hand, may be an assurance that these unconscious symbols are still not tolerated in the USA. Which is IMHO good.

I would have thought of Adolf too if I saw this billboard on the freeway - with no articles to explain.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Only one way to tell if it actually looks like Hitler. Send it to the French, If they surrender to it then it looks too much like Hitler. I kid I kid.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
BAN POTS
BAN BILLBOARDS
BAN COFFEE
BAN TEA
BAN JC PENNEY

/s

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Lol

V2 automatic toasters, anyone? No one would expect to be killed by a toaster.

Great invention.

Ah, yes. the V2 toaster. I use them to cook my Luftwaffles...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie
That is definitely Charlie Chaplin.

Charlie didn't have a part in his hair though. Get your facts straight next time damn it!

Just kidding.

It does look a lot like Hitler though. Even where you poor it, it look's like he's giving the Nazi salute. Course with the background JC Penny billboard being white, that does help make it look like him. I don't believe this was done on purpose, nor do I believe that it's any big deal. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

That tea kettle has Charlies mustache.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

I know Charlie had a mustache, and I know he played the great dictator, but he usually didn't have a part in his hair, or not until he got older. In your photo here however, he does. But, His hair is curly, and not straight like Herr Hitler's.

So, The tea pot would have to have curly waves where it has a straight part in order for it to look like Charlie. Even if it was Charlie when he played the great dictator, Charlie had no part in his hair while playing that role either. So I believe it's safe to say that it looks nothing like Charlie Chaplin. Just for the sake of arguing.
~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join