It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hollywood says "too Gay?"

page: 5
1
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
A priest and nun isn't "like" being married.. it IS being married to GOD. Their devotion to GOD is that of a married man and woman who are LOYAL in their marriage.

You're playing on "GOD is a man and so is a priest".

There is no sex involved. It's a love devotion MINUS the sexual acts, and minus the sexual thoughts.


So... if two men were to get married but not have sex, that would be okay? If that were the case, why does the big debate focus on gay marriage and not gay sex?




posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 





Again.. you're confusing a physical love with a spiritual one. Jesus spoke often about this spiritual love. Somehow you want to pervert it with sex and marriage. It's not the same and it does not go hand in hand.


Of course it does. Marriage is about physical and spiritual love. You're the one perverting it. You somehow think that the love two men or two women feel for one another can't be spiritual and physical. Your wrong.

Jonathan, who was the son of Saul, was in love with David, and went to his father on David's behalf. Saul did not approve of their "relationship." Here's what Saul said to Jonathon:


“You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you have chosen [David] the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother’s nakedness? For as long as the son of Jesse lives upon the earth, neither you nor your kingdom shall be established.” (1 Samuel 20:30)


He disowned him, like many father's of gay men still do today.


“David rose from beside the stone heap and prostrated himself with his face to the ground. He bowed three times and they kissed each other and wept with each other; David wept the more. Then Jonathan said to David, ‘Go in peace, since both of us have sworn in the name of the Lord, saying, “The Lord shall be between me and you, and between my descendants and your descendants, forever.” ’ He got up and left; and Jonathan went into the city.” (1 Samuel 20:41-42


This ^^ was the last time they saw each other. When David learned of Jonathan's death, he wrote this song:


“Saul and Jonathan, beloved and lovely! In life and in death they were not divided; they were swifter than eagles, they were stronger than lions. How the mighty have fallen in the midst of battle! Jonathan lies slain upon your high places. I am distressed for you my brother Jonathan; Greatly beloved were you to me; your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.” (2 Samuel 1:23, 26-27



What's funny is.. You stand on these words but you cast out the two parts that tell how MAN SHALL NOT LIE WITH MAN AS THEY WOULD WITH A WOMAN! For.. THIS IS AN ABOMINATION.


You really are cherry picking your abominations. Eating a ham sandwich and washing it down with a glass of milk is an abonimation too, you know.



edit on 1-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


How good and holy is sodomy, then why not show it for what it truly as you say..."no moral judgment"... the act should be seen for what it is, right? What happened liberal Hollywood?

We're in the end times, two generations defending the abomination!

You are clearly suffering from some kind of obsession. You have my sympathy. Get well soon.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Sodom and Gomorrah were pretty busy places wouldn't you say? They were the center of a huge population of people just like Rome, so it seems strange that god would completely obliterate one and then "anoint" another don't you think?

Rome was by far the most sinful place on Earth at the time, with homosexuality, immorality, conquests, war, pillaging, raping, and blasphemy just to name a few. Sodom and Gomorrah were the Rome of their time, so the whole scenario with those three are completely at odds with one another.

Your god has a funny way of showing his love and infallibility.


Once again, I dont know the mind of God and why his plans were as such. But.. If you recall.. In Sodom and Gamorrah, God would have saved the place if there were found at least a few unwicked men among them, but in the end.. Only Lot and his family was spared, and then.. not even his wife.

I would imagine, if that were the case, not all of Rome was corrupt. Probably most but not all enough to destroy it. Though, I do recall reading that Pompeii was pretty sexual back in the day, and it was covered in ash.

So... I dunno. I can only speculate based on a loosely educated guess.

So no, Rome was no Sodom and Gamorrah. They were much worse. Rome was pretty much a democracy and a cool place to live at that time, compared to the rest of the world. It even had many free thinkers there.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by colbe
I love everybody at ATS. My list of sins I am absolutely sure is longer than anyone here. I did not "cut and run",
silly. I left to help someone in my family.

And now dear The Rhenn gets hit. I am sorry.

Grave mortal sin is denied as even being sin, tell me, we are not in the end times? Yes we are, it is the
end of a sinful period of time, the 6th Day.

If you think you are homosexual, confess with true contrition the "act' to God and remain celibate. Save
your soul. Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession. God is merciful, how many times does
the Gospel remind us to repent?

Here is Scriptural proof UNREPENTANT sodomites are in Hell.

_ _ _


2 Peter 2:4-6
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment: 5 And spared not the original world, but preserved Noe, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 6 And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly.



2 Peter 2:4-6: Peter also reveals that the Sodomites are suffering in hell for their sins by comparing the Sodomites’ punishment to the eternal punishment of the evil angels. Just as God did not spare the angels when they sinned but cast them into hell, so He did the same with the Sodomites when He “condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly.”


Jude 5
I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not: 6 And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day. 7 As Sodom and Gomorrha, and the neighboring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.



Jude 5-7: Like Peter, Jude confirms that the Sodomites are in hell by saying that they had the same fate as the evil angels. Jude says just as the evil angels were condemned to hell, the Sodomites “likewise” (Greek, hos) acted immorally and are undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. “Undergoing” (Greek, upechousai) is a present participle which means their suffering is ongoing. See also the clear polarity between those who are saved (v.5) and those who are condemned (vv. 6-7,11,13).

www.brutallyhonest.org...


Oh the shade of it all!

so, me being celibate is going to save the world from the apocalypse? or just my soul? since i don't believe in any of that i have nothing to fear, and thus shan't be celibate



No, I said you must with true contrition, confess to God the "act" of sodomy AND from then on,
remain celibate. Repeating, if you are Catholic go to Confession and confess this grave sin.

I didn't say anything about "saving the world", I said "save your soul." I hope anyone reading this who is
a sodomite will pray about it and believe.

This is serious, it isn't up for debate. Read the Scripture verses I posted. And at the link, you'll see all
the verses that show sodomy is an abomination to God.

God bless us all,



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


It was cool to live in because anywhere else was pillaged and conquered by them, kind of like the Hebrews back in the day. Rome spread pretty far without god on their side do t you think? They weren't officially "believers" until the 4th century, yet their blasphemous city was allowed to grow and grow and grow for over a thousand years.

I guess having a bunch of gay guys around you would be cool to you? Why are you so against homosexuality then?
edit on 1-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Do you comprehend the definition of Sodomy? not just 'Us' can practice Sodomy, it includes Oral sex, so therefor any Straight person practicing Oral sex is considered 'sodomy' not just us Gays



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


"Repent and be ashamed of who you are! If you don't repent and aren't ashamed then you will burn for eternity!"

Do you see how self-righteous you sound? How unloving you sound? I think Jesus would be ashamed that you claim to believe in his name.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Looks like you don't follow what Jesus taught then.



Matthew 5
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.


You should really think before you speak. For someone who claims to love Jesus, why do you reject his teachings?

How does that work? Because that's the way this world works. Look at the world around you. How much truth do you see in it? What makes you think the "truth" would spread like it has with the bible on a planet as corrupt as this one?
edit on 1-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)


I didn't claim anything you just said. I will say that I admire him and I do try to follow his teachings, but I still am a vengful person. Hey, you acted like you were going to play nice. Dont poke the tiger unless you want me to bite back. I thought we were going to have a civil discussion.. So with that being said.. as you said..

You should read what I say and not add in your own until I say them. I could ask you the same.. Thinking before you put down your own responses... well.. you should.

Now.. I'll be civil again.

I see that the bible isn't accepted by all. Some people, like myself, have a hard time doing all of the things required. Especially in today's times.. Where people take usless jabs at you to get a rise, rather than have a civil conversation on their differences.. (wink)

I do turn the other cheak most often, but I prefer eye for an eye because sometimes, you have to hit back if you want someone to understand just what they do to you. I find that it works so... I'm not perfect and I dont pretend to be, but I do call a spade a spade. I try to turn the other cheak, and again, I do so more often than not, but when it gets old.. I'll eventually strike back. Jesus was perfect. I'm not. I'm a sinner. In today's world, it seems harder than ever to not do so. As much as I try, the harder I have to pray because in the end, this flesh is ultimately weak. But if you want to compare them... Sins are forgivable. Abominations are very very bad when comparing them, if you can. They are quite different. One I can repent, the other, I dont know if that's possible. Still, I naturally find one repulsive. (again.. not the person) but the act of homosexuality makes me queezy. Not because I was raised to believe it is a sin, but because it makes me phisically sick to witness it. I throw up on my mouth a lil. That doesnt stop me from hanging out and hugging, and having my arms around and kissing my sister in law on the cheek, because I do love her deeply and would do anything I can for her when possible. Agreeing with her being a lesbian? Not at all. I accept her, but not that part of her. So yeah, I dont accept all of her but she's ok with that because I dont treat her any different than anyone else. It's not like I'm restricting her from doing her thing. I dont want to watch anyone having sex in front of me, so why would I want the same from a lebian couple? I'm old fashioned... Such things should be left personal.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've shared, my 19 year old college age child, he is a bit rebellious. Loves to write music, he doesn't compose
rap but has a devotion to a couple of the well known rappers, the older ones. The two, I won't name them have
left a wake of evil for the youth. One of them has a banned album cover that has ruined the purity of children.

What is my point? I have to repeat to my son, your eternal destination and idea of the after life have nothing to do
with personal opinion. God has revealed how you get to Heaven. You can't die in mortal sin, who would chance
it going by their personal opinion?



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by theRhenn
A priest and nun isn't "like" being married.. it IS being married to GOD. Their devotion to GOD is that of a married man and woman who are LOYAL in their marriage.

You're playing on "GOD is a man and so is a priest".

There is no sex involved. It's a love devotion MINUS the sexual acts, and minus the sexual thoughts.


So... if two men were to get married but not have sex, that would be okay? If that were the case, why does the big debate focus on gay marriage and not gay sex?


No it's not.

- it's obvious what comes with that territory. besides.. I cant say it enough and I'll do so again.. It's a sacred SACRED vow between a man and a woman joined by God.

Something FOR a man and woman. It never tallied Man and Man or Woman and Woman.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


The Sodomites were residents of Sodom. When the Bible talks about the Sodomites, it isn't referring to all homosexuals, it's referring to the inhabitants of that city.

If you read the Book of Jubilees, there is an account of the crimes of the Sodomites, sex was not the main reason for their destruction. They were robbers and murdered people in the worst of ways, they prayed on travelers and tortured and demeaned them in intolerable ways.

At that time, the LORD was having cakes and BBQ with Abraham, when his two companions went to hear the complaints of Sodom's neighbors. Their pleas sealed the Sodomites fate.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by theRhenn
 





Again.. you're confusing a physical love with a spiritual one. Jesus spoke often about this spiritual love. Somehow you want to pervert it with sex and marriage. It's not the same and it does not go hand in hand.


Of course it does. Marriage is about physical and spiritual love. You're the one perverting it. You somehow think that the love two men or two women feel for one another can't be spiritual and physical. Your wrong.

Jonathan, who was the son of Saul, was in love with David, and went to his father on David's behalf. Saul did not approve of their "relationship." Here's what Saul said to Jonathon:


“You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you have chosen [David] the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother’s nakedness? For as long as the son of Jesse lives upon the earth, neither you nor your kingdom shall be established.” (1 Samuel 20:30)


He disowned him, like many father's of gay men still do today.


“David rose from beside the stone heap and prostrated himself with his face to the ground. He bowed three times and they kissed each other and wept with each other; David wept the more. Then Jonathan said to David, ‘Go in peace, since both of us have sworn in the name of the Lord, saying, “The Lord shall be between me and you, and between my descendants and your descendants, forever.” ’ He got up and left; and Jonathan went into the city.” (1 Samuel 20:41-42


This ^^ was the last time they saw each other. When David learned of Jonathan's death, he wrote this song:


“Saul and Jonathan, beloved and lovely! In life and in death they were not divided; they were swifter than eagles, they were stronger than lions. How the mighty have fallen in the midst of battle! Jonathan lies slain upon your high places. I am distressed for you my brother Jonathan; Greatly beloved were you to me; your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.” (2 Samuel 1:23, 26-27



What's funny is.. You stand on these words but you cast out the two parts that tell how MAN SHALL NOT LIE WITH MAN AS THEY WOULD WITH A WOMAN! For.. THIS IS AN ABOMINATION.


You really are cherry picking your abominations. Eating a ham sandwich and washing it down with a glass of milk is an abonimation too, you know.



edit on 1-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)


ugh!!! Apples and oranges man! Stop confusing the two.

I didnt say they couldnt go together. Rice and gravy go together. BUT they're not the same.

I'll leave the rest to you. You're just running around in circles now. Ive said all i'll say on this. It cannot be more basic than I have put it.

You still cant show me where any of these people had sex or were married...

Love is LOVE. Sex is another beast. Phisical vs emotional or spiritual love.

They didn't swap spit.. they didnt have sex... they were not in THAT KIND of love. I'm not saying to guys cant love one another. I'm saying homosexuality is a sin. It's that simple.
edit on 1-6-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by windword
 


Sounds exactly like what Rome was doing when god decided to establish his church there. Yahweh was a worse flip flopper than Romney.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax
 


Could not agree more. It's about demographics, box office sales. Period.
Straight people being seen going into a "too gay" movie? What will the neighbors think?



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe
 


"Repent and be ashamed of who you are! If you don't repent and aren't ashamed then you will burn for eternity!"

Do you see how self-righteous you sound? How unloving you sound? I think Jesus would be ashamed that you claim to believe in his name.



There is no discussion with you, you repeat yourself, to argue. This has nothing to do with me, I am one soul. God says repent, over and over, if you commit mortal sin and confess it, He mercifully forgives. I believe God's
revelation.

Show some maturity 3N. I won't reply anymore, I have been kind enough at your taunts.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 



They didn't swap spit.


"....and they kissed each other and wept with each other; David wept the more."

Yeah they kinda did!



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by theRhenn
 


It was cool to live in because anywhere else was pillaged and conquered by them, kind of like the Hebrews back in the day. Rome spread pretty far without god on their side do t you think? They weren't officially "believers" until the 4th century, yet their blasphemous city was allowed to grow and grow and grow for over a thousand years.

I guess having a bunch of gay guys around you would be cool to you? Why are you so against homosexuality then?
edit on 1-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)


Catholic Rome was allowed to kill innocent people for a thousand years. I dont have the answers to that and I dont pretend to know. Why aren't there prophets for 2000 years? I dont know. Why no new testaments, no writings on the walls since back then.. I dont know. Perhaps there needed to be such things to test faith. There was always that test of faith. Still, I dont have those answers. It's above me and what I know.

Why would it be cool to me to have a bunch of gay guys around me? I think that would be uncomfortable. Just as uncomphortable as a bunch of strait guys around 1 woman, I would imagine. But then.. perversion today says that would be cool in her eyes (for many woman) and the same the other way around.

I am against homosexuality because it is a sin and I believe it only perverts others that would not have come to that point except by way of allowing it to be considered ok and moral and so open as it's become.

It's like this... the more we allow in the world that is once considered bad, you open the world up to worse and I feel that is what's happened here. If i say it's like one day allowing Pedophilia to be ok, and someone saying that you cant compare the two... I say yes. Homosexuality was once thought of as bad as Pedophilia is today. I'm sorry, that's just how I see it. You can disagree but I just dont believe otherwise. Caniballism was once found ok in cultures around the world but isnt ok today, but one day, it might be again.

The more you let your moral compass falture, the more morals will fail.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by theRhenn
 



They didn't swap spit.


"....and they kissed each other and wept with each other; David wept the more."

Yeah they kinda did!


you really see more to these things than it is, dont you..

they didnt swap spit. They kissed each other. You kiss your mom? Ever kiss your dad?

I'm guessing close friends were beyond the "Manyly" types today. People in other countries, in that area, still kiss one another. They're not making out. They're not getting married. It's their greeting.

Unless you have something constructive, I'm done here.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


You don't know, but you accept it anyways. That's called blind faith. You believe in something you do not understand, that is a dangerous thing to do.

So Rome was a pretty bad tree then I guess? Jesus said that bad trees do not bear good fruit. Rome was the most rotten tree of its time, so why would god choose it to bear good fruit?

Probably because what it promoted was bad fruit (bible) coming from a bad tree (Rome). I don't see any reason why Jesus would say that then renege it after his death. God doesn't change does he? Your belief implies that he does.

You're the one who said it would be cool to live there. If it was full of gay people then what makes you think it would have been cool?
edit on 1-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join