It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hollywood says "too Gay?"

page: 4
1
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Since you "think" I don't understand what you believe, that means I don't understand anything.
How narrow-minded can you be? I understand exactly what you believe because I was raised to believe in the bible, except I have moved forward and dropped the dogma that went along with your book.

You don't think it is constructive because you don't agree with me. Like I said, you are narrow-minded and stuck in a box that you're afraid to leave. Just because I hold a different view than you and look outside of your box doesn't mean I'm ignorant or childish, you're childish for thinking so.




posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by theRhenn


If you're married to someone, aren't you supposed to be loyal? Priests and Nuns are supposed to be loyal to that which they marry.. God. So why would they have sex with someone?


It sounds like you are saying it's okay to be gay as long as it's being gay for god.


Nope... I'll say again.. Dont assume or put words in my mouth. You're playing with words and that really shows your intel. You're starting to make me think that you're a child trying to pretend he knows more than he really does.


Take it for what it is. Dont read into it.


I did. I took it exactly how you said it. Somebody asked you why being unmarried is considered natural but being gay is not. Your answer was that being a celibate priest is like being married to Jesus.

I put no words into your mouth. And if I were a child, you should feel a little embarrassed.


Again.. you twisted what i said.

I'll try again.

A priest and nun isn't "like" being married.. it IS being married to GOD. Their devotion to GOD is that of a married man and woman who are LOYAL in their marriage.

You're playing on "GOD is a man and so is a priest".

There is no sex involved. It's a love devotion MINUS the sexual acts, and minus the sexual thoughts. (excluding predators.. I know some lame ass will throw that in there)

It's not defined by paper. It's defined by love. GOD transends gender. He is noted as "he" because he is the ultimate masculine. Not as in muscle but as in the context, the meaning and the basis of the word. Dominate... the ultimate figure head.

You can read into that if you want.. Doesnt matter. I and many others know what I mean. You're just picking your own meaning like alot of people interperet the bible and choose to see what they want to see so they dont feel like they're doing a bad thing... like that's going to save them..

I'm sure that's not hard to understand.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


There are no sexual thoughts toward god, but there are toward little boys, right? If fiddling kids is holding themselves to a higher standard then I don't want any part of that standard.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Since you "think" I don't understand what you believe, that means I don't understand anything.
How narrow-minded can you be? I understand exactly what you believe because I was raised to believe in the bible, except I have moved forward and dropped the dogma that went along with your book.

You don't think it is constructive because you don't agree with me. Like I said, you are narrow-minded and stuck in a box that you're afraid to leave. Just because I hold a different view than you and look outside of your box doesn't mean I'm ignorant or childish, you're childish for thinking so.


Whatever you say, chum..

you're taking something and perverting it to your own ways and wants. How is that supposed to work exactly?

That's like taking a car, pulling the engine out and making it work without the rest of the vehicle. It doesnt make any sense. Now do you understand?

It's not that I'm close minded or in a box.. I just see things more litteral than you, apparently. I have logic behind the way I think and I find that it works quite well. When you take something and twist it around... that to me is ignorance. That's what I see if your words. That's why I cant think your way.

So how does it work only one way for you? Isn't it just as closed minded for you to not understand the ORIGINAL concept? Instead you need a personal watered down belief so you can break the bounds of sin?

it doesnt work that way. That way has no sense, no logic and no foundation.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 





Loving one another is far removed from having sex with one another. Sure, there was a deep love there, but not one where there was a desire for sexual acts. There wasn't a want for a relationship beyond being best friends. You're knitting to totally different things together that dont belong. Being gay mashes those two desires together and that's a totally different thing. Loving someone isn't gay. Having sex or desires for sex with the same sex is. Physical attraction vs spiritual/emotional attraction are two different things.


I don't think that you have ever been in love, and certainly not married, because you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Gay people fall in love, just like everybody else, if they're lucky enough. Johnathan and David were in love, "and it came to pass" that their two souls were knit together. That's what happens in a marriage. A covenant between the two lovers is made, and after consummation, two souls become one.

In the case of Naomi and Ruth, Naomi became Ruth's family, Ruth's god was now her god, where ever Ruth went, Naomi followed. Only death would part them, and even then, they would be buried side by side. That's what married people do, not BFF's.



edit on 1-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by theRhenn
 


There are no sexual thoughts toward god, but there are toward little boys, right? If fiddling kids is holding themselves to a higher standard then I don't want any part of that standard.


I knew you would go there.

See.. you really have to dig and stoop to this kind of low because you really have no leg to stand on.

I'll leave you to it. I knew you would go here. That's simple ignorance.

That's like saying I would rob a liqor store because I'm black. How steriotypical.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


My belief isn't nearly as watered down as yours. Look at how thick the bible is, it's so convoluted and watered down that most people who believe it don't even want to read it. They'd rather have a pastor tell them what to believe and how to interpret things than to have their own opinion.

The bible is the definition of watered down. There wouldn't be over 40,000 denominations if it wasn't.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I love everybody at ATS. My list of sins I am absolutely sure is longer than anyone here. I did not "cut and run",
silly. I left to help someone in my family.

And now dear The Rhenn gets hit. I am sorry.

Grave mortal sin is denied as even being sin, tell me, we are not in the end times? Yes we are, it is the
end of a sinful period of time, the 6th Day.

If you think you are homosexual, confess with true contrition the "act' to God and remain celibate. Save
your soul. Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession. God is merciful, how many times does
the Gospel remind us to repent?

Here is Scriptural proof UNREPENTANT sodomites are in Hell.

_ _ _


2 Peter 2:4-6
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment: 5 And spared not the original world, but preserved Noe, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 6 And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly.



2 Peter 2:4-6: Peter also reveals that the Sodomites are suffering in hell for their sins by comparing the Sodomites’ punishment to the eternal punishment of the evil angels. Just as God did not spare the angels when they sinned but cast them into hell, so He did the same with the Sodomites when He “condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly.”


Jude 5
I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not: 6 And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day. 7 As Sodom and Gomorrha, and the neighboring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.



Jude 5-7: Like Peter, Jude confirms that the Sodomites are in hell by saying that they had the same fate as the evil angels. Jude says just as the evil angels were condemned to hell, the Sodomites “likewise” (Greek, hos) acted immorally and are undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. “Undergoing” (Greek, upechousai) is a present participle which means their suffering is ongoing. See also the clear polarity between those who are saved (v.5) and those who are condemned (vv. 6-7,11,13).

www.brutallyhonest.org...



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


It was kind of low, I apologize for that. I know not all priests do that so lumping them together was wrong. Sorry.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by theRhenn
 





Loving one another is far removed from having sex with one another. Sure, there was a deep love there, but not one where there was a desire for sexual acts. There wasn't a want for a relationship beyond being best friends. You're knitting to totally different things together that dont belong. Being gay mashes those two desires together and that's a totally different thing. Loving someone isn't gay. Having sex or desires for sex with the same sex is. Physical attraction vs spiritual/emotional attraction are two different things.


I don't think that you have ever been in love, and certainly not married, because you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Gay people fall in love, just like everybody else, if they're lucky enough. Johnathan and David were in love, "and it came to pass" that their two souls were knit together. That's what happens in a marriage. A covenant between the two lovers is made, and after consummation, two souls become one.

In the case of Naomi and Ruth, Naomi became Ruth's family, Ruth's god was now her god, where ever Ruth went, Naomi followed Only death would part them, and even then, they would be buried side by side. That's what married people do, not BFF's.


lol now you revert to jabs and think you know me.

Married 12 years. I know what love is. Dont think you know me.

How do I not know what I'm talking about... Show me. O wise one.. show me what you mean.

Just when I thought you would actually be civil and bring something that I could actually talk about.

Again.. you're confusing a physical love with a spiritual one. Jesus spoke often about this spiritual love. Somehow you want to pervert it with sex and marriage. It's not the same and it does not go hand in hand.

What's funny is.. You stand on these words but you cast out the two parts that tell how MAN SHALL NOT LIE WITH MAN AS THEY WOULD WITH A WOMAN! For.. THIS IS AN ABOMINATION.

See.. I dont get that. Dont throw... umm.. twist bible virses at me when you dont use them correctly, and especially when you dont take the rest of it and apply it as ALSO truth.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


You still failed to address why god chose to set up his church in a society full of homosexuals. Lots of people in Rome were openly gay, so why did he spare Rome but destroy Sodom?



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by theRhenn
 


My belief isn't nearly as watered down as yours. Look at how thick the bible is, it's so convoluted and watered down that most people who believe it don't even want to read it. They'd rather have a pastor tell them what to believe and how to interpret things than to have their own opinion.

The bible is the definition of watered down. There wouldn't be over 40,000 denominations if it wasn't.


watered down?

you've lost your mind, fella.

read all you just said.

Where do your beliefs come from? Where is the origination to the steps you take for your every day belief system? Oh yeah.. you make them up as you go. What book do you follow? What words do you read?

HOW do you know of your faith and what sparks that faith?

Dont you realise that the bible is the origin of the god you claim to believe in?

How dont you understand this? I mean, seriously.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Refer to my question towards colbe. Rome was full of gay people, so why did god decide to set up shop there?



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
I love everybody at ATS. My list of sins I am absolutely sure is longer than anyone here. I did not "cut and run",
silly. I left to help someone in my family.

And now dear The Rhenn gets hit. I am sorry.

Grave mortal sin is denied as even being sin, tell me, we are not in the end times? Yes we are, it is the
end of a sinful period of time, the 6th Day.

If you think you are homosexual, confess with true contrition the "act' to God and remain celibate. Save
your soul. Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession. God is merciful, how many times does
the Gospel remind us to repent?

Here is Scriptural proof UNREPENTANT sodomites are in Hell.

_ _ _


2 Peter 2:4-6
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment: 5 And spared not the original world, but preserved Noe, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 6 And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly.



2 Peter 2:4-6: Peter also reveals that the Sodomites are suffering in hell for their sins by comparing the Sodomites’ punishment to the eternal punishment of the evil angels. Just as God did not spare the angels when they sinned but cast them into hell, so He did the same with the Sodomites when He “condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly.”


Jude 5
I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not: 6 And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day. 7 As Sodom and Gomorrha, and the neighboring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.



Jude 5-7: Like Peter, Jude confirms that the Sodomites are in hell by saying that they had the same fate as the evil angels. Jude says just as the evil angels were condemned to hell, the Sodomites “likewise” (Greek, hos) acted immorally and are undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. “Undergoing” (Greek, upechousai) is a present participle which means their suffering is ongoing. See also the clear polarity between those who are saved (v.5) and those who are condemned (vv. 6-7,11,13).

www.brutallyhonest.org...


Oh the shade of it all!

so, me being celibate is going to save the world from the apocalypse? or just my soul? since i don't believe in any of that i have nothing to fear, and thus shan't be celibate



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Talk about personal jabs, lol. You are such a hypocrite.


So the god I believe in is the same as the one in the bible? I don't think so. Unless Yahweh is the universe and consciousness then my god is not the same as the bible. I believe my god was Jesus' god, but Paul came in and twisted his words to mean something completely different.

You believing that god is contained in a book is you limiting what he is, you do realize that right? You believing he is contained in a book is you putting him in a box, and that's the box that you're stuck in and afraid to leave.
edit on 1-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Refer to my question towards colbe. Rome was full of gay people, so why did god decide to set up shop there?


I dont pretend to know the mind of God, but I'll guess, just for you.

Rome was a center.. kind of like the middle road for all countries at that time. It was like the America, the most up to date place in all the lands... The trade center of the world. It controled many lands far and wide.

Maybe God set up shop there because it was the most logical place to fast forward his plans. Through that, Christianity spread world wide with the quickness. It was a very ugly place, jews and christians getting slaughtered... that sorta thing. Maybe he gave Rome to the christians like he gave Israel to the Jews. Maybe to overcome a city and a culdron of filth is to fill it with good, by setting up shop to start and spread from there.

Sounds reasonable to me. Again, I dont know the answer to this. I dont pretend to know why God chose to do what he did unless the bible says so. What's not in the bible, I can only guess based upon the actions that are spoke of in the bible. Like when you learn to add, subtract, multiply and divide. You're given the basics to learn how to do the same with the bigger numbers that you obviously didn't learn to do, but you know how because you're given the tools.

I also see the works of God every day all around me. I see it in my actions, in ways that some people call Karma but I call God teaching me, every single day.. But I dont forget the basis to these lessons and my belief, for without the bible, I would have nothing to believe in because I would have no foundation. Without them, I would have to make them all up on my own or not believe at all. I rather believe in the good words that book teaches, and because I understand them and why, than to just say I do and pull it out of thin air and say that's enough. For then.. It would have been my own and only mine and I know I am not perfect and could never dream up perfection without having a source. Saying God alone is my source sounds fantastic, but without the bible, I wouldn't have even know a God existed.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Talk about personal jabs, lol. You are such a hypocrite.


So the god I believe in is the same as the one in the bible? I don't think so. Unless Yahweh is the universe and consciousness then my god is not the same as the bible. I believe my god was Jesus' god, but Paul came in and twisted his words to mean something completely different.

You believing that god is contained in a book is you limiting what he is, you do realize that right? You believing he is contained in a book is you putting him in a box, and that's the box that you're stuck in and afraid to leave.
edit on 1-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)


Yes Yes I am.. But I do so to throw them back at you. You see, I'm more of an eye for an eye kinda guy.. Not so much the turn the other cheak.

If you respect me, I'll respect you. You throw jabs at me, i'll do the same to you. It's that easy. If you be civil with me, we'll have a contructive argument all day long if you wanted.

So how does Jesus exist if not through the NT? That also encompasses Paul's words. If you cant belive in the bible, then how do you know Jesus ever existed? See, that's what I dont get. You're claiming something but rip on the foundation.. the origine of where it came from.

I'm not afraid to leave the bible. It makes a lot of sense, good hard found sense to me. What doesn't make sense to me is believing in something yet not believing in the source because you feel the source is twisted and not true. How does that work?

That's like saying that the directions to building a table are false, so you build it on your own, which looks nothing like what you've bought, yet somehow resembles the table you're trying to build, minus all the specifics that the directions say you need for that table to function like it should.

Do you at least get what I'm saying?



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Sodom and Gomorrah were pretty busy places wouldn't you say? They were the center of a huge population of people just like Rome, so it seems strange that god would completely obliterate one and then "anoint" another don't you think?

Rome was by far the most sinful place on Earth at the time, with homosexuality, immorality, conquests, war, pillaging, raping, and blasphemy just to name a few. Sodom and Gomorrah were the Rome of their time, so the whole scenario with those three are completely at odds with one another.

Your god has a funny way of showing his love and infallibility.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
'Too gay' means it will die at the box-office, because so many Americans are homophobic and will not dare to watch a movie about real gay life. That's all. There is no moral judgement implied whatsoever.


I find that a bit of an unfairly broad brush stroke to paint with. Did it ever cross your mind that the vast majority of Americans under the age of 50 simply don't give a rat's ass about Liberace? I mean I'm a fairly well traveled, well versed person and the only time I can actually say I saw Liberace do anything whatsoever was when he appeared at Wrestlemania. I just think that, much like the race card, people are way too fast to play the homophobe card these days. Just because a person doesn't have an interest in the seeing the movie, doesn't make them homophobic, it makes them an individual with individual tastes in moves and entertainment.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn
 


Looks like you don't follow what Jesus taught then.



Matthew 5
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.


You should really think before you speak. For someone who claims to love Jesus, why do you reject his teachings?

How does that work? Because that's the way this world works. Look at the world around you. How much truth do you see in it? What makes you think the "truth" would spread like it has with the bible on a planet as corrupt as this one?
edit on 1-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join