It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood says "too Gay?"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

How would you know that it is? Because some guy behind an altar says so? Pffft...

I'm directly connected to god, we are not separate in any way. Neither are you, too bad you don't know it.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

There are two famous lesbians in the Bible, Ruth and Naomi. Their love and promise to each was so lovely and profound that it is still used in marriage ceremonies today.

Ruth 1
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: 17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

Of course there is also the love between David and Jonathan.

1 Samuel 18
And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. 2 And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house. 3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. 4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Don't forget Jesus and John either.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

So instead of defending your views, you decide to tuck tail and run. Sounds to me like you're afraid of the truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Higher standard to what? Is having sex somehow dirty or wrong to you? If so, don't ever have sex.

In fact, why not apply to be a priest? Since you think they are held to a "higher standard", I'm sure you wouldn't mind not having sex. You wouldn't want to be seen as "lesser" would you?

It's not about sex. It's about devotion. How hard is that to understand?

If you're married to someone, aren't you supposed to be loyal? Priests and Nuns are supposed to be loyal to that which they marry.. God. So why would they have sex with someone? Obviously they cant share that kind of thing with God. Since you know so little about the the bible.. that which you argue...

The OT speaks of the prophets that belonged to God. They were not to eat meat nor have any sexual relations. Why is it so different with the NT? Or modern priests and nuns?

I dont attempt to become what I am not. I'm not strong enough to be a priest. It's not my thing. There are leaders and there are followers. I dont know why I am not a priest. Maybe I can do more while not being a priest. I choose to marry. Still... I dont choose to question why they do what they do as long as it's in the context of the belief system. Why are you patronizing anyways? That's just silly and childish. I'm not a priest because I dont want to be. Just like you're not a believes because you dont want to be.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

So you're saying gay people can't be devoted to one another? Two of my mom's friends are gay and have been together for over 20 years and are still as in love today as when they met. If that's not devotion then I don't know what is. That's a lot more than most straight, Christian people can claim these days.

I'm in no way ignorant to what the bible says. I'd even claim that I know more about what's contained in it than a lot of Christians do.

So you decide to hold yourself to a lower standard then. Good for you... I guess?
edit on 1-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

How would you know that it is? Because some guy behind an altar says so? Pffft...

I'm directly connected to god, we are not separate in any way. Neither are you, too bad you don't know it.

I know what it is by the teachings left for us. it's called the bible.

You're directly connected, huh? How would you know God exists unless you had a basis behind it? Did God appear one day and say "Hey... I exist"? What led you to believe in something if you have nothing to base it on? Did you just create the thought one day and said there was a God?

Obviously you would have had the same source as anyone else... the bible... Be it Christian, be it Jewish or Muslim.

Unless your god is named thor, zeuse or something like that, I have no idea what you're talking about.

So you're one of those "I believe in a god just not religion". It all came from somewhere, hate to tell ya that. If there were no other religions before it, mythologies or whatever... you would not have a such thing in your mind as a god unless he/she appeared before you and manifested to you.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

If you're married to someone, aren't you supposed to be loyal? Priests and Nuns are supposed to be loyal to that which they marry.. God. So why would they have sex with someone?

It sounds like you are saying it's okay to be gay as long as it's being gay for god.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by colbe

There are two famous lesbians in the Bible, Ruth and Naomi. Their love and promise to each was so lovely and profound that it is still used in marriage ceremonies today.

Ruth 1
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: 17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

1 Samuel 18
And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. 2 And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house. 3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. 4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

huh? There is nothing in either of those that show anything "gay".

I had a best friend where he and I were inseperable for many years... were we gay?

Women have best friends too that are inseperable, but that doesnt mean they're gay. Do sisters that share this become gay too?

Thats just taking something way out of context to use for your own twisted point.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

God appears to me every second of every day. Existence and life is proof enough that god exists, and I don't think god and existence are mutually exclusive.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

So instead of defending your views, you decide to tuck tail and run. Sounds to me like you're afraid of the truth.

he might have had better things to deal with... Face it.. Your points are really pathetic and obvious. Jesus and John were homos? Cmon now.. what else do you got?

I'm about to "tuck tail and run" too, because there isn't much wit to argue here. You're raising questions and points that a child could argue. Eventhing I'm telling you is found in the bible and is obvious as all getout.

After a few more here, i'll leave you to your devices. I could argue with you all day, but I do have work to do and you offer no challenge what so ever.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Sure, keep telling yourself that. If it makes you sleep better at night then go for it.

You have yet to prove how being gay is evil except for "duh bible says so".

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

So you're saying gay people can't be devoted to one another? Two of my mom's friends are gay and have been together for over 20 years and are still as in love today as when they met. If that's not devotion then I don't know what is. That's a lot more than most straight, Christian people can claim these days.

I'm in no way ignorant to what the bible says. I'd even claim that I know more about what's contained in it than a lot of Christians do.

So you decide to hold yourself to a lower standard then. Good for you... I guess?

Nope.. not saying that at all. I'm saying according to the big 3 religions, the ones that seems to spawn all other religions today (save indian and buddism and very few others) all say that being gay is a sin and wrong. I'm also saying, the very belief that obviously spawned your own twisted beliefs, also say the same.

I dont disagree that many "christians" make up their own interpretations as well as turn a blind eye to many parts of the bible. That's not the issue here. I would say being ok with the ACT of being gay is a prime example of that today. I dont hate the person... just the act.

Dont put words in my mouth.. Show me what I said then address it. Don't assume I mean anything more than I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

If you're married to someone, aren't you supposed to be loyal? Priests and Nuns are supposed to be loyal to that which they marry.. God. So why would they have sex with someone?

It sounds like you are saying it's okay to be gay as long as it's being gay for god.

Nope... I'll say again.. Dont assume or put words in my mouth. You're playing with words and that really shows your intel. You're starting to make me think that you're a child trying to pretend he knows more than he really does.

Take it for what it is. Dont read into it.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You said that priests hold themselves to a higher standard, and since you choose not to be a priest, that means you choose to hold yourself to a lower standard. You implied it.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Ruth 1

1 Samuel 18

I had a best friend where he and I were inseperable for many years... were we gay?

I don't know. Were you?

Were your souls knitted together, making the two of you one? Did you make a covenant with each other because of your love for one another?

Women have best friends too that are inseperable, but that doesnt mean they're gay. Do sisters that share this become gay too?

How many people use a BFF's or a sister's pledge in there marriage vows? Naomi and Ruth shared romantic love. So did David and Jonathan.

Get over it.

edit on 1-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

God appears to me every second of every day. Existence and life is proof enough that god exists, and I don't think god and existence are mutually exclusive.

*sigh* either you really dont understand anything or you're just playing with semantics, which is disrespectful. So I'll leave you to your own. You have fun with that, now.

What's really hallarious.. you actually have a few people giving you stars for the ignorance of your responces.

tell you what... Grow up a lil, get some age on you, a lil wisdom, and maybe you'll get it. You're obviously playing games and I rather have a constructive argument that can bring something to the table.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Ruth 1

1 Samuel 18

I don't know. Were you?

Were your souls knitted together, making the two of you one? Did you make a covenant with each other because of your love for one another?

How many people use a BFF's or a sister's pledge in there marriage vows? Naomi and Ruth shared romantic love. So did David and Jonathan.

Get over it.

edit on 1-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Loving one another is far removed from having sex with one another. Sure, there was a deep love there, but not one where there was a desire for sexual acts. There wasn't a want for a relationship beyond being best friends. You're knitting to totally different things together that dont belong. Being gay mashes those two desires together and that's a totally different thing.

Loving someone isn't gay. Having sex or desires for sex with the same sex is. Physical attraction vs spiritual/emotional attraction are two different things.

again.. you're obviously clueless. You're reading into something by adding your own definition. Where does it show they were romantic? Where does it show they were sexual?

It does not... So... you get over it. What you see just isnt there. Dont pretend it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

If that's the case, one wonders why god made them the way they are. To condemn them?

There are over 1,500 animals who exhibit homosexual tendencies, so saying it is a choice isn't really an option.

3NLIGHT,

God makes no one homosexual. The "act" is an intrinsic evil. Homosexuality is a disorder, with the destruction
of the family, there is a failure between many fathers and their children.

You cannot compare humanity to animals. It's lame. God gave every person a soul, which is a part of
God.

i am not 'evil' i don't have a disorder, i am not a defect or a 'Mutation', i am Human, i didn't select what Sexuality i wanted, and my sexuality is not a defective one just because it's not the 'Straight Normality'

to say his move is too gay, would be like saying a movie is too straight, or too white, or too black, it's redundant and a horrid excuse

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Nope... I'll say again.. Dont assume or put words in my mouth. You're playing with words and that really shows your intel. You're starting to make me think that you're a child trying to pretend he knows more than he really does.

Take it for what it is. Dont read into it.

I did. I took it exactly how you said it. Somebody asked you why being unmarried is considered natural but being gay is not. Your answer was that being a celibate priest is like being married to Jesus.

I put no words into your mouth. And if I were a child, you should feel a little embarrassed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join