It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood says "too Gay?"

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Darth_Prime

It almost sounds like he'd rather see someone sexually abuse a child than have sex with a consenting adult.

Pretty sick mindset really, IF true. Either way, if homosexuality is a "grave sin" as he says, then him calling it homosexual isn't really helping his cause out any.

Indeed, as if by saying it was not 'Pedophilia' because it was Homosexual, it disregards the 'Pedophilia' aspect and focuses solely on the 'Homosexuality'

sadly i doubt he is the only one who believes Homosexuality is worse than Pedophilia

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by colbe

That makes it all alright then doesn't it?
Abuse is abuse and you and your so called church is covering up this abuse of children.
If hell is real he will have a special place for catholics who try to defend or deflect this.
Shame on you and your evil church.

Also this

I think there is indeed a crisis in the sense of the upsurge of attacks on the Church and its clergy.

Not once did you show any sympathy for the kids or adults the priests have abused all you have done is try to defend them or deflect the truth away from these vile human beings.
Pfft.

edit on 16-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Sure, while you attack the faith, you brought up the priest scandal, such a lover of the faith. You do not understand. I don't have to defend purity, I am trying to tell you like Michael Voris did and the Church teaches, the "act" is grave mortal sin.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

are you evading my question though?

the "act" of Homosexuality is a graver sin than Pedophilia?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

So now pedophilia is purity?
so very very sad.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by colbe

So now pedophilia is purity?
so very very sad.

Your defense of sodomy, why ask? It is most likely you are fine with pedophilia.

The priest scandal was homosexual, why liberals and sodomites shouted it was pedophilia.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Because it was Pedophilia, how can you deny that? are you attempting to disregard the act of pedophilia just because it was also 'Homosexual'?

is that what your religion teaches? Pedophiles get a break as long as their not 'Homosexual'? and you claim i am a mortal sinner for being gay and practicing in gay acts?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by colbe

Because it was Pedophilia, how can you deny that? are you attempting to disregard the act of pedophilia just because it was also 'Homosexual'?

is that what your religion teaches? Pedophiles get a break as long as their not 'Homosexual'? and you claim i am a mortal sinner for being gay and practicing in gay acts?

The findings show the scandal was homosexual not pedophilia. Pedophilia and the homosexual "act" are an
abomination to God. This thread isn't about pedophilia, pedophilia was brought up to attack the New Covenant
ministerial priesthood and the faith.

It says in Scripture, the New Testament also. Unless you repent and confess the act of sodomy to God before you die, you will not see Heaven. There are unrepentant sodomites in Hell.

As obviously sick as the "act" is, why oh why would anyone desire to lose their soul over it.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You are a serious piece of work, you know?

Pedophilia is defined as anyone over 16 having sexual acts with prepubescent children. Those priests were well over 16 years old and the children were prepubescent, which means the priests were practicing pedophilia.

The Catholic church was caught in the act of homosexual pedophilia, yet you still defend them. Sick.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe

You are a serious piece of work, you know?

Pedophilia is defined as anyone over 16 having sexual acts with prepubescent children. Those priests were well over 16 years old and the children were prepubescent, which means the priests were practicing pedophilia.

The Catholic church was caught in the act of homosexual pedophilia, yet you still defend them. Sick.

"After a sex scandal in the early 1990s, the Archdiocese of Chicago opened records of the 2,252 priests who had served there over a period of 40 years. Less than 2% had been accused of sexual misconduct with a minor, and only one was alleged to be a pedophile."

The scandal was homosexual, go back to my post in the last page and look at the link and read the findings.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

The findings show the scandal was homosexual not pedophilia. Pedophilia and the homosexual "act" are an
abomination to God. This thread isn't about pedophilia, pedophilia was brought up to attack the New Covenant

It says in Scripture, the New Testament also. Unless you repent and confess the act of sodomy to God before you die, you will not see Heaven. There are unrepentant sodomites in Hell.

As obviously sick as the "act" is, why oh why would anyone desire to lose their soul over it.

okay, what are the churches definitions of Pedophilia? is it different from what others are to believe pedophilia is?

heaven holds a place for those that defend pedophilia? defends may be a wrong word choice, heaven holds a place for those who disregard the pedophilia actions because it was Homosexual?

i'll inquire once again, is homosexuality, or the act of homosexuality the gravest sin one can do?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Did the scandal involve grown men sexually abusing little children?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

okay, what are the churches definitions of Pedophilia? is it different from what others are to believe pedophilia is?

heaven holds a place for those that defend pedophilia? defends may be a wrong word choice, heaven holds a place for those who disregard the pedophilia actions because it was Homosexual?

i'll inquire once again, is homosexuality, or the act of homosexuality the gravest sin one can do?

Quit making this thread about pedophilia. Obvious, attacking a child in anyway is horrid, a grave, grave sin. Remember the milestone verse in Scripture.

Here is a help for you Darth. The Catechism on homosexuality. You can think you are homosexual, you cannot
commit the "act." To repeat for your soul, repent from the heart and confess to God if you have...

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Indeed, this thread is about my homosexual abomination acts, because i refuse a life of celibacy

my first 18 years of life were torture, torture by which the atrocities are far beyond thought, these last 5 years i have been not letting it own me, not succumbing to it, i refused a long time a go to be bullied into shame of being gay,

as i stated prior, i should feel honored you take the time and effort to post scripture and sermons on my abomination, and i will defend your freedom to not only believe what you want, but the freedom to speak it, and express it

i don't believe my acts or myself an abomination, or a mortal sin

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Indeed, this thread is about my homosexual abomination acts, because i refuse a life of celibacy

my first 18 years of life were torture, torture by which the atrocities are far beyond thought, these last 5 years i have been not letting it own me, not succumbing to it, i refused a long time a go to be bullied into shame of being gay,

as i stated prior, i should feel honored you take the time and effort to post scripture and sermons on my abomination, and i will defend your freedom to not only believe what you want, but the freedom to speak it, and express it

i don't believe my acts or myself an abomination, or a mortal sin

I am so very sorry about your upbringing. The youth who did not have good parents makes me cry Darth.

I was thinking about this subject all day yesterday. You are loved by God, He is your true father. Somehow, Jesus would want you to FORGIVE your parents. And then, you are free. Remember, forgiveness is not a feeling but an action.

I am not trying to shame you or bully you, only share the teachings of Christ. You think you are gay, God doesn't. I'll never find the words, so pray about it. I don't care if I repeat, go sit/kneel in front of the Tabernacle, Jesus is there. You cannot believe the grace that comes to you from Our Lord. Besides, the Church itself, there are Eucharistic Adoration chapels in almost all Catholic parishes, some of them a 24 hour chapel, ask. They're usually right next to the Church somewhere in the Church. They usually have a code to type in these days to enter, just knock on the door if that is the case. Or wait until the top of the hour and a new adorer
will arrive.

Young men who do not bond with their fathers (oh dear Lord, so many in the last two generations), some, not all believe themselves to be gay. They're not.

love,

colbe

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colbe yopu talk BS, even your links say the studies were conducted in the early 90's... 20 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

boingboing.net...

The facts are your heads of church tried to cover it up, silence the victims, even your Pope covered it up.
And still you try and deflect and blame others.
Shame on you and shame on your hellish church.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

they were my aunt and uncle, and i forgave them a long time a go, as i stated i refuse to continue to give their actions power over me.

i don't 'think' i am gay, i know i am, maybe your god doesn't know that, and i'm sorry, but i do thank you for taking the time and effort trying to convert me, or trying to 'aid' me in my deviant actions

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

they were my aunt and uncle, and i forgave them a long time a go, as i stated i refuse to continue to give their actions power over me.

i don't 'think' i am gay, i know i am, maybe your god doesn't know that, and i'm sorry, but i do thank you for taking the time and effort trying to convert me, or trying to 'aid' me in my deviant actions

Darth, hi,

I can't convince you, pray about what we've been talking about yourself, ask Our Lord. I will keep you in my rosary intentions. I wish you would pray the rosary, there is so much grace given when you pray the rosary.
It is Mary's prayer. She can help you. Plus, you don't absolutely need a rosary to pray it, count with your
ten fingers. Do 1 decade at first if 5 decades seems to much and work up to the 5. It takes 15-17 minutes
to pray a 5 decade rosary.

www.rosary-center.org...

I love what you said, the underlined. I am going to post a thread, a brief one pager about the life of a saint who was unwanted. She is actually is the patron saint of the unwanted. Her feast day is/was June 15th. It is the
coolest life story.

colbe

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

i appreciate the Civil discussion, and whilst our views differ, you can't 'Pray the gay away', love is acceptance, i'm sorry you are prohibited from believing that being gay, and 'gay actions' are tolerable, and not 'Abominations'

i love to talk, discuss, palaver, and gossip girl, i do appreciate the civility

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by colbe

Colbe yopu talk BS, even your links say the studies were conducted in the early 90's... 20 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

boingboing.net...

The facts are your heads of church tried to cover it up, silence the victims, even your Pope covered it up.
And still you try and deflect and blame others.
Shame on you and shame on your hellish church.

All your sources are anti-Catholic. Give me a break, boingboing.net and the UK rag, the Guardian rehash their anti-Catholicism, it is predictable.

The facts show that 81% of the scandal's victims were post pubescent, adolescent boys. This is not pedophile.The John-Jay study trying to be politically correct gave some vague nonsense reason other than homosexuality to be politically correct. Not according to a real psychologist.

+ + +

Though 81 percent of the victims were post-pubescent males, researchers downplayed the homosexual connection by suggesting that this simply reflects the fact that offenders had greater access to boys. The report also proposes the possibility that, “Although the victims of priests were most often male, thus defining the acts as homosexual, the priest did not at any time recognize his identity as homosexual.”

A less politically correct conclusion, it would seem, is to acknowledge that the offending clerics were perhaps unwilling to take “ownership” of their struggle with homosexuality. In any event, this line of argument appears to be little more than a red herring.

According to Dr. Richard Fitzgibbons, a consultant to the Vatican Congregation for Clergy and a leading expert on clerical sex abuse, how an abuser may “recognize” himself is not entirely relevant; rather, the homosexual acts alone testify to “deep seated” homosexuality.

“We are identified by our behavior,” Dr. Fitzgibbons said in a recent telephone interview. “The attempt to distance the homosexual acts in question from a personal struggle against SSA (Same Sex Attraction) on the part of the abuser is inconsistent with clinical data.”

Information found in the report itself also strongly suggests that the abuse is directly related to homosexuality. For instance: “This excuse (that the victim initiated physical intimacy) was particularly common for priests who were accused of abusing adolescents, who referred to the abuse as a ‘relationship.’”
Does this scenario, in which an adult male imagines that he is involved in a sexually active consenting “relationship” with an adolescent boy, describe a heterosexual crime of convenience? So determined to deny the obvious, the John Jay researchers are at pains to have you believe that it does.

The report also reveals that abusers often “groomed” their victims over a period of time prior to the onset of abuse; where grooming is defined as “a premeditated behavior intended to manipulate the potential victim into complying.”

This information effectively undermines the “crime of convenience” explanation for the preponderance of adolescent male victims. It also clearly indicates a direct connection to homosexuality, but the John Jay researchers resolutely insist otherwise claiming that the abusers were simply men who “appear to have had certain vulnerabilities to commit abuse (for example, emotional congruence with children or adolescents), experienced increased stressors from work (for example, having recently received more responsibilities, such as becoming a pastor), and had opportunities to abuse (for example, unguarded access to minors).”

In other words, the researchers are asking us to believe that the priest abusers were just as likely to be immature heterosexual men who, unable to cope with stress, sought sexual gratification from adolescent boys who were conveniently accessible.

Dr. Fitzgibbons is unconvinced.

“The issue is neither one of availability nor ‘emotional congruence,’” he stated. “In treating priests who have engaged in the sexual abuse of adolescent males, it has been my observation that almost without exception these men suffered from a denial of sin in their lives and an unwillingness to face the profound emotional pain associated with a childhood of loneliness often as it relates to the father relationship, peer rejection, a lack of male confidence, poor body image, sadness, and anger – conflicts endemic to deep-seated homosexuality.”

“The ‘cause and context’ of the clergy sexual abuse crisis, in my professional opinion, involves significant issues concerning SSA in the priesthood wherein certain of these men acted out against adolescent males,” he continued....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
“Every priest whom I treated that was involved with minors sexually had previously been involved in adult homosexual relationships as well,” he noted, underscoring the homosexual identity of the perpetrators.

So where does this leave us?

While the John Jay team did a remarkable job of gathering an unprecedented amount of information, ultimately they were contracted to identify predictors that can be used in developing guidelines that might substantially lower the risk of similar instances of abuse in the future. Thanks to their stubborn refusal to address the very obvious link to homosexuality as made explicit in the data, however, the report’s officially drawn conclusions and recommendations are of questionable value.

The bishops who are willing to take the lead, must seek the input of qualified mental health professionals, especially those who are faithful Catholics like Dr. Fitzgibbons, to ensure that this study becomes more than just a $2 million exercise in political correctness.

Dr. Fitzgibbons recommends an approach that would include a very detailed and personal examination of a seminary candidate’s past. “It is necessary to develop an extensive history of childhood and adolescent experiences with the father and male peers, and of body image, in order to identify deep-seated homosexuality,” he said.

“Simply asking a candidate if he is heterosexual or homosexual, as is done in many seminaries and religious communities, is not sufficient,” he continued while singling out two rarely used but highly useful tests as examples.

“The ‘Boy Gender Conformity Scale’ and the ‘Clarke Sexual History Questionnaire’ can identify with 90% accuracy males with same-sex attractions,”...

www.catholicnewsagency.com...

+ + + + +

boymonkey,

As I shared in past posts here, the evidence for being you are homosexual happens #1, when a person does
NOT bond with their father.

Read again....

Dr. Fitzgibbons is unconvinced. “The issue is neither one of availability nor ‘emotional congruence,’” he stated. “In treating priests who have engaged in the sexual abuse of adolescent males, it has been my observation that almost without exception these men suffered from a denial of sin in their lives and an unwillingness to face the profound emotional pain associated with a childhood of loneliness often as it relates to the father relationship, peer rejection, a lack of male confidence, poor body image, sadness, and anger – conflicts endemic to deep-seated homosexuality.”

Deny the priest scandal was homosexual, it fits, you said "we", does that mean you are homosexual? I don't know, my heartfelt advise...

Turn to God the Father and forgive you earthly father. Pray, talk to Our Lord and God the Father.

love and God bless you,

colbe

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join