It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hollywood says "too Gay?"

page: 20
1
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe
 


Explain how being gay is bad or unholy.

Please try not to use "the bible says so", because that is hardly proof that gay sex hurts anyone.

ETA: You calling someone an abomination is the real insult here. You can dish it but you can't take it apparently.
edit on 11-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



What are you doing turning the question to me? I asked you! You are the one defending sodomy.

Explain how the act of sodomy is good and holy.




posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


I thought the commandments ended with Jesus' death on the cross? You know, the thing that was supposed to forgive ALL sins. I guess it only forgave everything BUT sodomy now?

Didn't Jesus say to love your neighbor as yourself and to love god? Two gay men loving each other and expressing that love through sex does NOT break either of those two commandments, in fact it reinforces them.

So either Jesus forgave all sins or he didn't. Either Jesus said to love everyone or he said to only love the opposite sex. Which is it?



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Because it is an expression of love! It is not bad to express love is it?

Now explain to me how it is bad or unholy. Refrain from sating the bible says so, because anyone could have written down anything in that book and you'd still call it god's word.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Why was your god so against Homosexuality? Heterosexual sex is okay in his eyes, but Homosexual acts, or Sodomy is wrong?

if your god created us, why even create 'Homosexuality'? for temptation? to see who the real sinners are? why would he "create" my homosexuality, and tell me i have to be celibate and repent my whole life?



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 



Originally posted by colbe
What are you doing turning the question to me? I asked you! You are the one defending sodomy.

Explain how the act of sodomy is good and holy.


This isn't good reasoning. If you are saying "guilty until proven innocent" instead of "innocent until proven guilty".

If we all thought like this, everything would be automatically assumed to be evil until there is a good reason to believe there isn't, Instead of allowing freedom and allowing people to live their lives UNLESS we actually find out something negative about it.

Assuming things are evil/guilty until proven good/innocent is living in paranoia
(in MY opinion - each have their own)

I would rather live in a good/innocent until proven guilty/evil outlook because life is a lot more optimistic and happy for everyone that way.
edit on 11-6-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Thing is God has never spoken...only man has and they wrote it in a book to try and control others.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by colbe
 


Thing is God has never spoken...only man has and they wrote it in a book to try and control others.


Come up with another objection friend. Where is the control? You and many others here at ATS reject sodomy
is an abomination to God. No one is controlling you. God's revelation is revealed in more than the written
Word.

love,

colbe



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Where is the control? well you saying it is an abomination and unnatural and wrong is one form of control, you are trying to make people do your bidding under the veil of "God says so".
Do I have to go into detail to show you why any Religion is about control? really?.
Like I said you follow man made garbage which is outdated and frankly wrong for humanity, it just causes division.
Also why is your brand the right one? let me tell you this If you was born in Japan you would be a shintoist, the UAE Muslim, India ,,,Hindu.

I do believe in God but not a God which man has made up, I feel God is in us all but no way will I try to convert others or even try to understand Him,It,Her.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by colbe
 


Where is the control? well you saying it is an abomination and unnatural and wrong is one form of control, you are trying to make people do your bidding under the veil of "God says so".
Do I have to go into detail to show you why any Religion is about control? really?.
Like I said you follow man made garbage which is outdated and frankly wrong for humanity, it just causes division.
Also why is your brand the right one? let me tell you this If you was born in Japan you would be a shintoist, the UAE Muslim, India ,,,Hindu.

I do believe in God but not a God which man has made up, I feel God is in us all but no way will I try to convert others or even try to understand Him,It,Her.


boymonkey,

God didn't make you to do anything you wish. Some things are harming to you even if you do not believe
they are. If you choose for them anyway, that is your free will.

I know Roman Catholicism is the faith Jesus Christ established because of history AND the mystical surrounding
the faith for 2000 years, The miraculous testimony far outnumber any sign given by God to other beliefs.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This morning I was thinking of everyone replying to this thread. Even though we disagree, I know God is working on you. Why would you continue on...? Why take the time to even post one comment? My heartfelt advise.

Study the faith. Search with Catholic apologetics typed in first, then questions you have. Why?

The last fifteen years in my reading prophecy, the messages from Heaven say the Remnant is Roman Catholic.

God wants everyone to believe the same. The Protestant prophetic point to the faith, less explicit because of denial. And of late, the Protestant messages speak of the Eucharist~! Jesus is getting everyone ready to accept the faith during or to follow, after the worldwide "awakening."

The catechism is kind of difficult, it is on the Net to read if you like. Read the English translation of the first Bible, the footnotes help you understand tough verses and help with understanding why the Church teaches what she does. www.drbo.org... Read the lives of the saints. I like to read the life and quotes of the seer from Lourdes, Bernadette Soubirous. Her dear family, she lived in a dump.

And if you can bookmark daily messages from Heaven. Here is one link: www.catholicbinder.com...

Promise me, so important, speak to God every day from now on... And examine your life, ask God the Holy Spirit to help you. Then, from the heart confess your mortal sins to God. Mortal are your serious sins. All the sexual sins are sins against the 6th Commandment. Do not neglect regular Confession, okay? Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession.

Do these two things as a preparation for the day of the Great Warning, this awakening. Actually, for the life of your soul ...daily prayer and regular Confession.


I know I say the above, often.


love,


colbe



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Why bother I can and have improved my life by examining myself using my human mind.
If I need guidance I can ask my fellow human pals, I trust them more than something that has done nothing for humanity other than pain and division.

I noticed you dodged my question, what about all the other Gods? Hindu ones (best stories in hinduism) what makes you so sure that you are right.

Oh and humanity FTW!!!


Oh and stop saying love at the end of your posts it is hypocritical of you.
edit on 11-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by colbe
 


Why bother I can and have improved my life by examining myself using my human mind.
If I need guidance I can ask my fellow human pals, I trust them more than something that has done nothing for humanity other than pain and division.

I noticed you dodged my question, what about all the other Gods? Hindu ones (best stories in hinduism) what makes you so sure that you are right.

Oh and humanity XXXX


Oh and stop saying love at the end of your posts it is hypocritical of you.
edit on 11-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)


bm,

No I didn't...

"I know Roman Catholicism is the faith Jesus Christ established because of history AND the mystical surrounding the faith for 2000 years, The miraculous testimony far outnumber any sign given by God to other beliefs."

See you all, love,


colbe



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Let me make this plain and simple. *ahem* Darth's personal demonstrations of love and affection are none of your business. Before you observe the speck in another's eye, attend to the plank in your own.

Remove nose from external affairs and replace it on your own face. Maybe you'll smell a little bit of unholiness there as well. I wouldn't be surprised.
edit on 11-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by colbe
 


Why bother I can and have improved my life by examining myself using my human mind.
If I need guidance I can ask my fellow human pals, I trust them more than something that has done nothing for humanity other than pain and division.

I noticed you dodged my question, what about all the other Gods? Hindu ones (best stories in hinduism) what makes you so sure that you are right.

Oh and humanity XXXX


Oh and stop saying love at the end of your posts it is hypocritical of you.
edit on 11-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)


bm,

No I didn't...

"I know Roman Catholicism is the faith Jesus Christ established because of history AND the mystical surrounding the faith for 2000 years, The miraculous testimony far outnumber any sign given by God to other beliefs."

See you all, love,


colbe



how do you justify other religions though? and even those other religious fundamentalist? who truly believe their religion is the 'correct' religion?
edit on 11-6-2013 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


My bad but I could say the same for Hinduism and that has been around for thousands of years more than any other living (soon dead) religion.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime
 


Easy, they're wrong and he's right! Even if they think the same exact thing, he's more right than they are because he has the truth and they don't!



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by colbe
 


My bad but I could say the same for Hinduism and that has been around for thousands of years more than any other living (soon dead) religion.



Not true, 98.8% of the mystical, science tested miracles even, are Roman Catholic. Again, history shows
Our Lord established one faith. Roman Catholicism. Hinduism, etc may contain a tiny, tiny bit of God's
Truth. Catholicism has the fullness of God's revelation. And the greatest means to His grace.

God is going to reveal Roman Catholicism is the Truth. After the "awakening" no more division in Christianity
and non-Christians will have to decide to come to the faith. Everyone's free will choice.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


Science tested miracles

Funny very funny.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Indeed, and the other religions believe they are 'right' and you are 'wrong', and thus divides humanity even more



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe
 


Let me make this plain and simple. *ahem* Darth's personal demonstrations of love and affection are none of your business. Before you observe the speck in another's eye, attend to the plank in your own.

Remove nose from external affairs and replace it on your own face. Maybe you'll smell a little bit of unholiness there as well. I wouldn't be surprised.
edit on 11-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)


Some of Darth's comments were mocking. Most weren't. All yours have been an attack, your judgment against the faith. Be nice instead.

I've asked and no one gives an answer. Show how the act of sodomy is good and holy? Give evidence of God's approval? Historically, all evidence reveal the "act" is what it is...an abomination to the creator.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join