It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea More Dangerous With Chemical And Biological Weapons Than With Nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I know that North Korea has simmered down quite a bit over the last few weeks but I put allot of time into this and didn't want it to go to waste.

North Korea has recently demonstrated to the world that it is more than capable of detonating a thermonuclear device. Let's consider for a second that N. Korea does not posses an acceptable delivery system capable of carrying such a payload to its destination. Have we completely ruled out a much more primitive delivery system. For example, what is to keep N. Korea from loading a nuclear device up onto a vehicle and driving it to the South Korean border and detonating it there? I am certain that this scenario has already been considered by the " Powers That Be ".

Sound Scary ?

Let's consider this. Why should N. Korea be feared only for their Nuclear program alone? From all of the research I have done on the current news events, I have discovered that not one word has been mentioned of their Chemical and Biological capabilities. Why worry about a Small Short Range Nuke when a 60 pound artillery shell armed with either a nerve agent or anthrax could potentially produce the equal or greater affects.

According to the Nuclear Threat Initiative dot Org www.nti.org , North Korea has been reported to have mass produced such infectious biological agents as Anthrax, Botulism, Plague, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Hemorrhagic Fever, Typhus, Small Pox, and Tuberculosis.

These agents have been listed with the Center for Disease Control www.bt.cdc.gov to be Category A agents. Their definition of a category A agent is as follows:

They can be easily spread or transmitted from person to person
They result in high death rates and have the potential for major public health impact
They might cause public panic and social disruption
They require special action for public health preparedness.

These have been labeled as high priority organisms or toxins because they pose the highest risk to public safety as well as national security.

In addition to North Koreas Biological Weapons Program, they are no strangers to Chemical Weapons. With at least 8 industrial facilities ( and probably more ) for producing chemical weapons, N. Korea has engineered such chemicals as sarin, tabun, phosgene, adamsite, prussic acid, a family of mustard gases, to include nerve agents and blood agents.

As reported by the Federation of American Scientists www.fas.org , as of 1996 North Korea has amassed approximately 5,000 tons of biological and chemical weapons. It also indicates that this stock pile figure is on the low end of the scale.

N. Koreas proven delivery systems include artillery pieces, multiple rocket launchers, mortars, bombs as well as the FROG or the SCUD missile.

Now, with all of this chemical and biological technology which has the potential to wipe out the entire planet a couple of times over, why is the international community more worried about a " Small " nuclear device.

IMO. .. .. If North Korea were to employ the use of Nuclear Weapons, they are certain to use Chemical and Biological weapons as well. So, why hasn’t the government made light of this fact? Is this situation Not more dangerous than say Iraq who might have had WMDs? Or Iran who has the potential of making WMDs a year or two down the road?

In conclusion, I personally believe that North Korea possess some Serious Potential in their use of NBC. It is also of my opinion that no country should be kept from defending itself on the battlefield. So how is it possible to quell this situation when N. Korea has continually rattles their sabers and barked threats?

edit on 31-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You have numbers, and details I don't doubt your word, but if you want a star & flag I shouldn't have to look up the info myself.

Hell with it that's just my American side coming out I'll S&F you, but if I find your info wrong I'll be writing a strongly worded post !

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

I asure you that all of these details are Very Correct. That is why I added links.

In addition, I posted only Reputable sites where the information can be found.

Thanks for taking the time to read it.
edit on 31-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Yeah, but I can't click 'em I'm looking 'em up though.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
2500-5000 metric tons, and 12,000 max your info checks out , sir.

However I do feel you over exaggerate the bio program it seems they're very far behind, and would most likely not use them out of self-preservation.

Thanks for the info S&F was earned.

top topics

join