It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI's Terrorism Watch List at Gun Shops and Ranges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I was in a local shop I frequent when I found this gem today. The only part that has been edited is location sensitive. But based on how broad it is, we kept making wisecracks about it throughout the time I was there.

Larger Image:

Some highlights of this include people who want to pay cash, people who travel "illogical" distances , buying a lot of the same or similar models of firearms, interest in using a firearm in a manner inconsistent with the type that gun is usually used for, expressing interest in deadly force beyond what is typically shown, or requesting ammo capable of penetrating LE armor.

Tearing it apart:

1)Cash is a smarter option than credit cards so you owe less

2)Those "illogical distances" aren't specified and probably apply to most shooters, whether it is going to another state to shoot competition, going to their property in the countryside or going to a gun shop they like. Hardly "terrorist activity".

3) People buy what they like. Some people like Glocks, others like S&W. And that's not counting the fact that AR-15s can be configured to be useful for various things, like long range, short range, tactical or 3 gun.

4) An interest in using a gun for a purpose it generally isn't used for isn't strange at all. Some consider it a challenge, and once again doesn't make any sort of "terrorist activity".

5) What defines an interest in deadly force beyond typically shown? Most people that buy a gun for protection want to know that what they have will stop someone.

6) Last I checked, almost all ammo is capable of penetrating LE armor. But going by this, should I be concerned that police are the only ones allowed to use "Cop Killer" bullets?

Also, could someone please embed the image?
edit on 31-5-2013 by BobSwagger because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the embed Boncho
edit on 31-5-2013 by BobSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
OOOooooOOOoooooHhhh.....

"Referring to military/jihad training manuals in a threatening manner."

Dammit.

I seen so many people walking around with their Jihad manuals and I never thought anything of it!

Wait....

Referring to the manual in a threatening manner (as though they plan to attack the manual?) or is it the manuals are of a threatening nature?

Confused.

The person who wrote this, I wonder if English is their first language or did eff bee eye outsource to India for it??

Embed for you:

edit on 31-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"What kind of gun were you looking for today?"

"Hold on, let me consult my Jihad manual real quick....."

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
"Excuse me but my jihad manual says I should ask if this gun is capable of firing enough armor piercing ammunition while hanging upside down by my toes to kill a thousand infidels without reloading?"
"Oh and by the way I need 3000 of these packaged for my flight back to Iran, it was a really long trip to get here so I could ask these questions"

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, who'da thunk it?
Apparently, I'm a jihadi terrorist! Better report myself to the nearest law enforcement official...
Then again, I'm pretty sure talking to ones self is a bad sign too...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You are ALL terrorists when they want to destroy you................
They will kill you during interrogation and think nothing of faking a story that cannot be questioned.
The gauntlet is Thrown...........Dont youse get it YET?
How rapidly the illusion of past freedom is evapoating.....as the fascists seek to consolidate control of the country.....

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You must be in one of those border states eh? Read this and it will all start to make more sense.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Actually, no. I live in a state far away fron borders, especially Mexican ones. This was more deemed at making everyone out to be a terrorist (the employees were wise to this fact) and the employees laughed it off.
edit on 1-6-2013 by BobSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I figure DH s is watching gun stores, ranges, websites, and shows. Watching who buys what, who owns what, etc... I try to stay away from them. I come here to ATS where I'm completely safe from prying eyes (he said as his door was kicked open)!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Anyone obtaining heavy firepower legally already has a hefty list about themselves in every major law enforcement office. I, for example, have a file three inches thick for some of the stuff I legally own, and I have no issues with it. I don't intend to do anything illegal with any of it and I wouldn't want it getting into the hands of someone who would do something with it. Other people might not be as prudent as myself and sell off their wares to whomever has the money, this is where those weapons being registered comes in handy. I have to prove I'm still in possession of the heavy stuff every 6 months to keep from losing my licensing and to prove it hasn't illegally changed possession. I'll know when they're seriously planning on taking everyone's guns since I'll be one of the first people they contact since I'm one of only a handful of private citizens that own some of the things I do.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
You must be in one of those border states eh? Read this and it will all start to make more sense.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The original article in that thread doesn't seem to work. But I would assume border trafficking has little to do with terrorism but instead the narco-war conflicts in Mexico and illegal arms being sold in Canada... Which is a mjor problem for Canadians and are responsible for almost all the illegal arms in the country.

This seems to be an unrelated issue.

new topics

top topics

join