It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone tell me what this sign says? (Freemason related)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So I was playing a game called GeoGuessr, it dropped me in Brazil, and I was looking around for clues as to where I was (that went well, ended up 1037 kilometers away...) and I saw this sign. It made me curious as to what it said, and even though I never really post on here, I do like to look around a lot and thought you'd be the people to ask. Thanks

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the sign but there's clearly an eye on the upper right with inside it an 8 pointed star which holds a couple esoteric meanings. Chaos is one of those meanings.

Order out of chaos.

Edit : I've been mistaken, it's actually a 9 pointed star which signifies faith.

The eye is god, so faith in god resumes the symbolic.
edit on 31-5-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Beneficial society of cavaliers. Cavaliers means Knights

The masonry fraternity.

Those are most of the words on the sign.

I also just noticed an all seeing eye grey t-shirt which does look pretty neat.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
"Pygmies dine for free."

I ____ you not.

Edit: Oops. I was looking at wrong sign. Sorry OP.

Something about horses.

edit on 31-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Originally posted by theMediator
Edit : I've been mistaken, it's actually a 9 pointed star which signifies faith.

I'm sure I see 10 points? Might just be my eyes though

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKindChap
I'm sure I see 10 points? Might just be my eyes though

Well, I'll be damned, it was my eyes lol
Yep, it's 10 pointed.

Never seen those before, 10 is the last number in the kabbalah which signifies God, the highest one.
The number 11 often symbolizes sin meaning, going over, skipping God's laws and/or power.

Edit : wiki.answers.com...
Other meanings of the 10 pointed star.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AKindChap

I am in Brazil and I would love to see this sign, however, it takes way to long to download in the format you have it in.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AKindChap

According to a google search it is....and I don't think it has anything to do with Masons..

Federations, associations and representative bodies of african-Brazilian religions are representative bodies relevant to Umbanda, Candomblé and all religions-brasileiras.As african religions african-Brazilian Candomblé, Umbanda and other african cults. Due to its expansion and current disclosure by Brazil, Portugal, South America, Europe and Africa, are represented by federations, associations, centers, groups, etc.., which protect, represent and legalize religious and their houses of worship as well as their children (followers) . Here are presented some of the most important and well-known representative bodies:
Link

federacac nacional do culto afro-brasil eiro: Home Page
edit on 31-5-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

It appears I was reading the wrong sign...lol

It appears to be a lodge...here is their Grande Orient..it makes sense that the other place I talked about is next door after you read the GOoB wiki link.

Link
edit on 1-6-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It says:

Federacao Nacional
Do Culto
Afro-Brasileiro

Not Masonic.

The other one that looks like an eye is actually diamond-shaped, and appears to be another "church".

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IslandMason

Slide the picture and you will see you made the same mistake as I did...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

Slide the picture and you will see you made the same mistake as I did...

You're right. I stand corrected. It has the square and compass, and certainly says "Masonica". Probably a temple.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There's a lot of Masonic groups in Brazil, many of which are considered "clandestine" or not officially recognized by the international Masonic Community. This particular lodge is under the Grande Oriente do Brasil and is considered the "official" Grand Lodge of Brazil.

In other words..

Yes, this is a Masonic Lodge.

Yes, this is a Regular Lodge.

The meaning on the sign is "Beneficial Society of Knights" or "sociedade beneficente cavalieros"

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
...The meaning on the sign is "Beneficial Society of Knights" or "sociedade beneficente cavalieros"

Given that I don't speak Portugese, this is a question: Could this more correctly be translated "Benevolent Society of Knights"?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

There's some Masonic groups who use "Beneficent" or derivatives like that.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I don't know honestly, I can speak a little French, and I'm just going by what the words look like. beneficente would translate literally as "beneficial, beneficent" the word its self doesn't even change much in English >> beneficente, beneficent.
Beneficent means good deeds through a person, benevolent means to do good (can be inanimate). Benevolent does have a more Masonic sound to it of course lol. Benevolent in Portuguese wouldn't change much if at all in spelling either. So it would be "sociedade benevolente cavalieros"

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Look at groups like the CBCS or KBCH in regards to "Beneficent".

new topics

top topics

active topics

join