posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:14 AM
Read through the rest of the thread, and wow, that's a lot of stories! Brought to mind some others of mine. None as obvious as the one I posted
already, but times I am sure there was divine intervention.
1. Already posted - daughter warned to get off the road, and we missed being in a HUGE wreck.
2. When I was very young, I apparently had pneumonia. I was in a children's hospital, and my mom was staying there to watch me. An aunt and uncle
got in a car wreck, and were taken in for treatment. Nothing serious, but stuff that needed attention. The kids, my cousins, were brought to the
children's hospital, and they asked my mom if she could come do paperwork for them (those days, I guess they weren't so strict about all that).
Well, she notified the nurse on duty that she was leaving my room, left the door open so they could hear any issues, and went to take care of things.
When she got back, she found my door had been closed, no one had checked on me at all, and I was blue from lack of oxygen. She jerked me up fast, got
me breathing, and called the doctor. The end result was some nurses lost their jobs.
3. Driving down the road one day, quiet area, this possum crossed in front of me, causing me to brake suddenly. It passed, and I started on into an
intersection, but just before I got there, a car sped through, that would have hit me had I not braked for the possum.
4. A tornado, a bad one that killed people in some places, went through town. I spent the evening with the kids in the basement, under the stairs.
The next morning, we found insulation and other small debris in the yard, so we knew it had passed over. Later, I found it had made a beeline for our
neighborhood, and stopped literally just the other side of a hill near us. There was a LOT of damage. We had none.
5. Driving in heavy rush hour traffic one evening, I passed through an intersection on a green light, and saw another car, in the cross street, that
was coming right on through. The driver looked horrified (she was THAT close!), and it was clear we would hit one another. I could see her car
beside mine, a few feet away. Suddenly, then, I was through the intersection, with no memory of having driven across the rest of it, and she was
through as well. No impact. How that happened, I don't know.
Are we protected? In many cases, I believe we are. I can't explain why, but I do appreciate it! I guess there is some reason we are all supposed
to still be here. May we all find that reason, and thus honor the gift we've been given!