It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheating Death: Have You Done This?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by beezzer

Got hit by a car......Nothing unordinary of a bunny getting whacked by a car. Bunnies shouldn't be skiing or skydiving though.

Would you believe I got hit because I saw a tarantula along the side of the road, I went, "Neat!"

Never saw the other car.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Got hit by a car......Nothing unordinary of a bunny getting whacked by a car. Bunnies shouldn't be skiing or skydiving though.

Would you believe I got hit because I saw a tarantula along the side of the road, I went, "Neat!"

Never saw the other car.

Sounds like a story from mother goose...

At least theres a happy ending for the bunny.... I mean you're here right

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister

Not for lack of trying! I'm not hangin with you!

My life is an "E" class ticket!

The only way to kill you is to cut your head off, or destroy your brain! You're a ZOMBIE!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hmm... yeah. I have cheated death twice. The first time, I was going to go to a counselor appointment with my mom the next Thursday, but she got a feeling about it, and said we shouldn't go, so called and cancelled - after that, she started crying, and said that she didn't know why she had done that - I told her it was fine, she probably knew something. I was 9.

The next Thursday, a gunman came into the counselor's office right during my appointment, killed him, and then went on a shooting spree at the hospital where my dad worked, killing 22 people and wounding more, including my dad. My parents' friends were shot dead and their blood splattered on our van.

Okay... so. That was the first time. The second time, someone was asking me to come get them in Boise (40 minutes south of here on the highway) in my new car - but it was snowing.

Before I got in the car, I knew that I was going to get in a wreck on the highway, but I kept on going to go get her... On the way back, the highway froze over instantly and when I braked a bit, my car started to spiral out of control (this was in December).

I went all the way across the highway, and then brought the car to the other side, hit the barrier in order to slow down, and ended up okay. I almost hit a TON of other cars in the process. I was going 65. Before I hit the barrier, I had stopped spinning and was going around 60, backwards, and down the highway.

The only reason that I was able to cheat death this time was because I faced it head-on, knew it was coming, and made it through. I was basically like "# it death, let's do this."

Never move from Washington to Idaho or back and forth. The states try to kill you off, I swear. So now I am twice not supposed to be here. Yay. !

So I am going to wreck as much havoc on the timeline as I can to set it in a positive direction while it doesn't expect it, because, I'm not, you know, bound to fate or anything.

Que: Timeline's perception check. Hmm...
edit on 31-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Not for lack of trying! I'm not hangin with you!

My life is an "E" class ticket!

The only way to kill you is to cut your head off, or destroy your brain! You're a ZOMBIE!

Nonesense! just cut off his feet and attach it to your keychain. After that, just feed him carrots...or maybe oatmeal choclate chip cookies and he'll be ok. Maybe even the occasional beer....preferably Belgian.

And not a threat.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Never move from Washington to Idaho or back and forth. The states try to kill you off, I swear. So now I am twice not supposed to be here. Yay. !

I can attest to this fact! Everytime I have taken leave or PCS'ed from one duty station to the next, I have been caught what killer snowstorms.

Well, they killed others, but not me. Of course, that could be because I drove slower than the rest.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I vaguely remember an accident at Myrtle with the old Ferris wheel before they got rid of all those amusement park rides. Now they have an enclosed skyscraper like gigantic wheel ride. I figure that is probably more like taking an elevator ride with a great view instead of a Ferris wheel.

Thanks to whomever posted the shark warning. I didn't realize a shark might attack if you got too close. Not that I want to get anywhere close to one.

I don't know if you call it a vision or a dream but one night around 3 am I woke up. My bedroom wall was shaking. Before I realized this I suppose I might have been dreaming. I saw someone I'll call Death descending down from the sky. He had some traveling companions. Anyway I saw that he was heading straight for me. I was in High School. I didn't want to go yet. I started to pray. I thought I was remembering a lot of my life in a flash. Suddenly I imagined someone intervened and spared me as if a giant hand was placed over our house. My mother told me years later she was praying too. In reality a large tornado descended down out of the sky from the same direction I saw death approaching. I was on the south side of a two story house. I probably would have gone with the wind.

A very large pine tree with large 4 to 6 inch diameter branches hanging almost on the roof were gone. In fact all branches on the side of the tree over our house were broken off and gone. A large 2 foot diameter pine tree at the other end of the house was snapped off just at our roof line. I found out years later the old house we lived in was built for high hurricane winds. The builders put a gazillion nails into every single board apparently not worried about wasting nails. I mean it was a struggle to even pry one old board off the wall. One board looked like a porcupine of nails. We gave up trying to pry apart anything else. The fact that the wall was shaking meant it was getting hit with very high winds. Across the street very large pine trees were snapped off just above the ground and in one case, the tree was stuffed back into the ground upside down as if an angry giant thought it was a toothpick.

I heard when I was born, the doctors were concerned because I was blue. I guess that meant I wasn't getting enough oxygen and might have died way too soon.

I remember this because a girl I know told me last weekend she had a close relative who died in a swimming pool accident. It was an accidental drowning. She said she was blue. They somehow revived her and she appeared to be fine after they found her. Maybe the doctor said she was dead. I don't know why she was telling me.

We got lucky. Our house did not have any damage from a tornado that went directly above us ripping every tree to shreds just a few feet away.

It's probably related but shortly afterwards, I remember dreaming some dreams where I was a tornado. In one dream I saw several tornadoes spinning around a central area. I thought it was strange a year or two later when someone on the news captured similar video. In another dream in the last few months I saw Death again but this time Death was an older female and not threatening to take me anywhere. I kept pointing to Death in my dream until I was almost right next to her. Then everyone finally noticed her. The dream suddenly turned bad. Death touched me and I became Death. I had the job and all the job responsibilities. I thought that sucked. No one saw me anymore. I understood the dream meant to be careful what I point out to others. I might not like the results.
edit on 31/5/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Never saw the other car.

And now you frequent a site that requires awareness....Well, you did see the tarantula and most people would have seen the car

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I remember meeting someone one night who had been declared dead by the military. Apparently he was supposed to have been on an airplane but for some reason he decided to just skip out and sleep real late. I suspected it might have something to do with hanging out with some girls all night long. I knew one of the girls and she knew the other two. He was pretty ticked off about the whole thing. I mean being declared dead when he wasn't. He kept saying he might not show up for work on Monday. I didn't blame him. I mean they probably don't pay dead people very well or expect dead peope to arrive at work on time.

I remember in church one time, the priest announced someone sitting in the back row had died. They looked a bit alarmed and then finally spoke up after the priest kept talking about her death. Laughter erupted when people discovered she was still alive.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When I was 11 I was struck by lightning and clinically dead for 16 minutes. Afterwards I was in a coma for 36 hours and the Dr's told my parents I would never wake up and if I did I would be a complete vegetable from the oxygen deprivation. About 20 minutes after they told my parents that I sat up and pulled the tubes out of my throat asking why I felt like someone forced sandpaper down my throat and where my popsicle went. I was getting a popsicle out of the freezer when the lightning struck the house and traveled through my body via the freezer I was touching and arced out of the base of my skull into the breaker box behind me. My dad said he stood there frozen in horror as he watched blue flames and sparks roll across my chest and back and the lightning bolt blast from the back of my head/neck. The only thing I remember from the lightning strike itself was a strange buzzing sound and my bones feeling like they were on fire and vibrating, then nothing but blackness until I woke up in the hospital with IVs and tubes all over me.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

That sounds to me like it's your friend Sarah who cheated death, not you. Something obviously prevented her from getting on the ride, whereas you were happily enthusiastic to take a seat. It was even your idea to get on the ride in the first place.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Too many times more than any human should have to have I cheated death.

The worst was when me and my mom almost flew off a cliff because she passed out at the wheel drunk when I was 14.
I didn't know how to operate any controls on a vehicle yet somehow when we were almost at the edge I instinctively jerked the wheel back onto the road and almost hit an oncoming truck from over steering.

Absolutely ruined high school for me as I refused to trust anyone. Especially because she never apologized and would never recognize that it happened. Messed me up good to this day I feel like no one truly cares if I live or die.

edit on 1-6-2013 by RothchildRancor because: Too emotional to spell decently.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Nothing like that has happened to me, but a good friend of mine has a similar story.

He had just gotten home from an amusement park and turned on the news to see that the ride him and his sister had last rode had broke down and hurt some people.

Freaked him out a little bit.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, I was electrocuted once when around 4 yrs. old when I touched a live/bare wire. Then, electrocuted again in my early 20's, got knocked out and across the room when touching sink water and touching tv at same time....dumb!

Fell into the Ocean at Atlantic City in NJ and was saved. Got into a bad wreck when I rode with hubby when he was truck driving...the truck jack knifed and such...hurt my head/concusion.

Got kidnapped by a serial killer/sexual predator on my 16th Birthday....got strength from somewhere and beat on him and got away. State Police later said I was only survivor they knew of based on description/MO, as 6 other women were killed by suspect. He was never caught.

Hubby had 2nd by-pass, got Septicemia infection, coma for 3 months, died and heart paddles brought him back. He is home with me and has been since it happened 10 yrs. ago.
Hugs to all here who have been through such and various scenarios. None of us get out of this "alive" but I still wish you all long and happy lives.

edit on 1-6-2013 by shrevegal because: spelling error

Where the paranormal stuff comes in...after the second electrocution, I seemed to have extra ESP type incidents...not about myself but world events about to happen.
edit on 1-6-2013 by shrevegal because: Added a thought.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Three times so far.

Infections that went gangrene and saved by surgery and a adverse drug reaction that usually kills.

That's two for medicine and one against ... so far.
u
edit on 1/6/13 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Sending a hug and I love you, not just because of what you have endured but you deserve love and kindness. I know what you mean. My parents, drunks/psychos and worse...my story posted here tells of how I was kidnapped and almost murdered on my 16th Birthday...was because my dad was drunk and threw me out into the night and I was alone and must have looked vulnerable and easy prey. The man had a badge and said he was Police and to come with him...nuf said, he had a gun too but I managed to trounce him and escape anyway. I know how betrayed and alone you must feel sometimes.

I met a wonderful man I have been married to for 50 yrs. You can have trust and love someday, no matter how injured the inner child is. Love ya and angel kiss to you. ^j^

And you better live to be a cantankerous ole fart...no giving up. Life is a gift and can get better...it is true. I wish that for you....the will and desire and inspiration and motivation to carry on. The world needs ya!!
edit on 1-6-2013 by shrevegal because: Added a thought.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have Cystic fibrosis its a autosomal recessive genetic disorder that affects most critically the lungs, and also the pancreas, liver, and intestines..
I was told id never live past 18 but i proved the doctor's wrong Ive cheated death for the last 39 years i have no expiration date
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Sounds like your friend was right to not want to ride! Did they ever say if a ride defect caused the accident, or something else?

As for, "did this ever happen?", well, yes, somewhat. When my oldest was a little girl, we were driving on the interstate, in San Antonio. For those familiar with the area, we were headed eastbound, and this was just before the Fred.Rd. exit. All of a sudden, my daughter blurted out, "Mom, get off the interstate!" She had NEVER before tried, in any way, to direct my driving. Something told me to listen, and we took the exit. For a short space of road, you can (or could then; no idea if it's changed since) see the interstate from the road. We had barely left the exit ramp when we saw a really BAD accident on the interstate. Cars that had been in front of us, and more chillingly, right behind us, were all involved, as was an eighteen-wheeler. I had no doubt that we would have died, had I not exited. I feel terrible for those injured and killed, but I am eternally grateful that we were warned.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Three times I have cheated death. I know my guardian protected me these times as well.

16~Took as many pills as I could find to try and off myself...mom came in and saw and rushed me to hospital. Had to drink 'charcoal' to nuetralize all the pills. lived

17~Flipped first car upside down in a 20 foot ditch....towtruck guy said he was amazed I was alive. lived

24~Fell off a balcony from the third floor onto the second floor concrete stairs. Traumatic brain injury, head split above my left temple, and hurt shoulder...but I lived. I still have many complications from this injury though, but I do not mind, because I am alive for my boy and sis.

Death is a great mystery. Why do so many people cheat death? Well I think the reason is unfinished buisness.
I still do not understand why I was spared but then again, I look at my little sister and my son, and realize...that is two reasons I am still here.
~nat

edit on 1-6-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
About 15 years ago or so, I was driving in my ragtop Jeep up the interstate just outside of Charleston. I was in the lane just before the far left lane. At the time, there was no divider between the northbound, and southbound lanes at that point. Traffic was moving around 60-65 and there was a lot of it. The far left lane was empty though, but I could see a pickup catching up to me on the outside.All of a sudden, I noticed this BMW coming right towards me in the median, and the drivers eyes were as large as the tires on his car.

For a brief moment, I pondered why he was in the median, then dawning comprehension hit. First I said it, then near did it. Just before he hit me right in the drivers door, the pickup pulled up beside me, and was hit near head on.Working in medicine, I normally would have stopped to help, but it was a good 2 miles further down the road before my heart actually started beating again. I took another route, and went straight home, and started drinking heavily. I cant remember which one it was, but one of the occupants of one of those vehicles was killed on impact.

Another time, just this past December, I had to have a very major surgery. I didn't want to wake up from it. My oxygen levels stayed very low, and I had to be resurrected 2-3 times over the next day or so. My wife distinctly remembers at one point seeing my blood pressure at 25/10 while an ICU nurse squeezed a bag of a drug meant usually as a last resort to increase pressure in measured doses. And she was squeezing it to make it go as fast as it could.

So yeah...I've had a couple of experiences with this! This last one is actually starting to make me get a little restless with my place in life.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join