It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Triangle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Was looking at RSOE EDIS alert map and noticed 3 earthquakes, basically in the middle of the oceans, almost forming a triangle, one magnitude 5, one 5.3 and one 5.8, and all 33km deep? I don't know if this is purely coincidence or if something is messing up the earthquake reporting for RSOE EDIS, or if they're having technological problems or what but it just struck me as odd. Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Crazy, none of the quakes are near plate boundries.

Volcanic in nature?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle
Crazy, none of the quakes are near plate boundries.

Volcanic in nature?

Right? that's what i was thinking too about the plate boundaries which is making me really wonder if it's just some weird mishap. And the quake that's in the south pacific ocean, there were actually two, and one registered as 10 km and one registered as 33km, but only the 10km was recognized by USGS. The only other thing I can think of is that RSOE EDIS just puts 33km as a default depth until its officially reviewed? But I don't remember that happening before, but I don't check it all too often. I'll feel silly if that's all it is
lol

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Also the one between South America and Africa is labeled as 33 km, but i checked a couple other ones that were in the oceans, one near Russia and they had different depths. So confused!
edit on 31-5-2013 by ML8715 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ML8715

Think for a moment.
Take three things. How many shapes can you create with three things?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ML8715

Think for a moment.
Take three things. How many shapes can you create with three things?

/thread

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ML8715
noticed 3 earthquakes, basically in the middle of the oceans, almost forming a triangle,

Any 3 points will form a triangle (or a straight line) so there is nothing to see there.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Three earthquakes at 33 miles deep all about 5-6 mag.
All of them in the middle of the ocean....and away from the plate boundaries....
Sounds like its worth a raised eyebrow at least.
Never mind the thread killers, they are bereft of imagination

Earth seems to be shifting quite a bit, sort of gaining plasticity maybe?
Perhaps the core is heating making more magma, and liquifying the crust.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Honestly, there are so many quakes on any given day, you could look at a map and make all sorts of pictures by connecting the dots.

I don't find it odd, IMO

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Those are not unusual at all. Check the history for each place and you will see many more in the areas of each quake.

The 33 km depth is a default depth when earthquakes are auto-located via computer program.

edit on 1-6-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: Typo

edit on 1-6-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thank you ! I thought maybe it was a default depth but i guess i just never noticed it before. Thanks for the clarity

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ok I have been looking at something that has given me an idea. What if those earthquakes are not really earthquakes but meteors entering and making it through the atmosphere to the ground. I have noticed a few recently that are odd. One in March 29th that registered a 1.7 and these in the Atlantic being picked up by some but not others. It seems that when I look at the trajectories, especially the one in Maine it seems to match. There was also one that was a Quarry Blast so they say and it measured 1.7. There was also a meteor that had the same approx destination. If someone who is more skilled than I would like to pull something together, I wonder if it might start to tell a story.

Anyway here is a picture of the one that seemed to have a few land in the Atlantic. This comes from this Site

This pic is from May 31 2013 at 11:30 pm UTC I believe

I am not sure of the time delay on the entry lines or where they begin or end nor do i know what size would be indicated by each line.

edit on 1-6-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join