It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by Avoiceinthewilderness
Just something I've noticed for a long time now: yes it's egotistical (and arrogant) to think we're alone in the universe.
But it's just as egotistical (and arrogant) to think that we have to be under observation too. I'm sure the universe has a lot more interesting things to offer than us humans.

Respectfully, I am fine with everyone having an opinion or a belief in/on/or of in anything because frankly, someone's probably is going to be right and it doesn't necessarily mean it will be my belief or opinions that will be correct either- so everyone, keep posting your thoughts too!

But for me, so far as the STS-88 pictures that we have, I'm still saying it's a US military project and maybe someday we will know the answer. To say anyone is "arrogant to think were alone in the universe" is a bit much because we are only discussing this Black Knight Satellite and not ALL life in the universe in general.

It reminds me of how the Ancient Greek's couldn't explain lightning so to them, it was just their god Zeus throwing lighting bolts around. Now that we have a better scientific grasp of electricity and atmospheric science, we have simply explained with our science what lightning is, not disproved the existence of any god in general and there was no “arrogance” attached to explaining the lighting itelf.

Same thing here, to cast doubt on the 1954 news stories and try to explain what STS-88 took pictures of a classified military project does not mean "anyone is arrogant to believe we are alone in the universe", rather I think it’s safer to imply humbly that perhaps this might not be the best evidence or the definite answer to prove that we are not alone in the universe either….

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
Just to mention after seeing the comments about Russians not putting up Sputnik until 57, made me think, "What makes us think we didn't put stuff up their before going public with rocket launches? I am completely open minded as to this being other worldly or military in nature.

I believe parts of our governments are hundreds of years ahead of us technologically, and we are left with fossil fuels, cars, bikes, trains and planes while they are in anti-gravity magnetically powered vehicles and light communication.

Just sayin..

This is 100% accurate. Imagine if we had the technology where we didn't need to use fossil fuels. Do you know how many people are employed by the oil industry alone? Think of what the unemployment rate would be if we did not have any use for oil.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Good thread and great posts, mostly the amazing photos of whatever this is. I have always been curious about this discovery.

As I look at these odd images I can't help think back to my SAT tests and the geometry puzzles. My logical brain is trying to tell me this is one organic shape that can look like so many other shapes (even appearing symmetrical) depending on which angle it is observed from. I have some small chunks of Nan Than meteorite than have similar characteristics but on a miniature scale.

The cartoon watching kid in me wants to say its a transformer from another galaxy, but my logic just doesn't agree yet. But S+F for making me think again about this.

Mental tetris is way harder than the console version!!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by JimOberg

I think it's just a fun idea: ancient satellite that is up there that no one knows who put it there. You have to admit, it's an interesting idea, real or not.

I'm sure even Phage thinks once in a while: "What if it were true?" before raining on the parade.

Still, regardless of whether or not there is any real substance to BKS, the idea of finding something that doesn't belong to anyone here on Earth, in orbit around our planet, some other planet or moon, can really fire the imagination. The stuff that many a Science Fiction novel or short story has been written about.

It can be a lot of fun to imagine the "What If?" part, and though I help spend a lot of time being skeptical or debunking Alien Bases On The Moon!.......still, there is always part of me that hopes one day one would be found.

The reactions and actions that happen after that would make things very interesting.

So while I'm busy debunking that blurry Apollo photo......I''m also hoping one day someone shows a LROC picture of something that looks like Moon Base Alpha.

edit on 31-5-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

Jim is always trying to debunk something i am still waiting for the space debris to search for that Satellite fell in South america.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

A lot of people would be out of the job if new technology were to kick in. Mechanics, oil workers, gas line workers, etc would be out of the job, cause they would be considered obsolete due to new advancements. It sad really, as much as I would like to see oil corporations go down hill.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Has this topic not been done to death 100x over by now?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I must say I haven't got a clue what that is.

That said, I have heard a lot of stories "around the campfire" about "the Black Knight Satellite" over the years, but I thought it was like the hook man of lover's lane or the dying radio messages from unacknowledged Soviet space launch failures - one of those things that was spooky and interesting but probably not real.

I haven't seen a picture of it. However, that one in the OP sort of fits: flat black, not a basic shape like a sphere or a cylinder/cone, no obvious orientation when you look at it, no solar panels. It looks intentionally made that way, but you don't get a sense of which way is forward or what the lumps are for. It doesn't look like a piece of jettisoned space crap. It's about the size of a school bus.

Legend has it that if you observe it long enough, it will eventually sort of roll around a few axes, point in another direction and move away at a good clip, but without any obvious RCS or main propulsion. It supposedly changes orbits a lot. There is no obvious camera on it but it sort of behaves like it's doing ground observation. It doesn't emit coherent radio or light like NRO's non-optic ground observation cameras. There are no obvious antennae of any sort.

Oh, and it supposedly has silenced other satellites by just sort of ambling up nearby and instant systems failure without any sort of obvious kinetic weapon, the satellite just stops. Sort of like a big EMP, although that would be detectable and wasn't.

Of course, it's probably all snack room urban legend.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
reply to post by tide88

A lot of people would be out of the job if new technology were to kick in. Mechanics, oil workers, gas line workers, etc would be out of the job, cause they would be considered obsolete due to new advancements. It sad really, as much as I would like to see oil corporations go down hill.

Respectfully, I very much disagree with this notion. When IBM stoped making typewriters, it was not the end of civilazation rather the dawning of a new computer driven age that opened the door to more computer related jobs that had not existed 5-10-20 years before computers went into regular use. If newer energy technologies are available, it would still take workers to build it, maintian and service it regardless if the technology was a model T Ford or a fusion powered flying car.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

What if someone is completely new to this topic and this is the first time they've ever come across it?

Just because you have been round the block a little, it doesn't mean that everyone else has, and - as you should be aware - posting troll memes is simply juvenile and gets no one anywhere.

What would get you somewhere is a review of past ATS threads on the subject -- the best place I've ever found where all angles get covered. And I only used Godzilla as my alter ego because I couldn't find Darth Vader, gimme a break. [grin]

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Gotta agree there, Vadar is way cooler

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AckAckAttack34

O it would not bring the end of civilization, but a new dawn for it. Sadly, it just stepping on people skills, or knowledge. Flying cars would have to be run on completely different method from your standard four wheels, and most mechanics wouldn't be licensed to operate them. Also this would increase dealership profits cause they would be the only one working on a flying car, while outside mechanics who run their own business couldn't legally do so.

How ever with the flying car this wont be possible for a long time considering I can already forsee them crashing. Yes it could create new jobs, but they could be replaced with machines building.

Not only that, dealerships are complete rip offs when it come to part or repairs if you understand automobiles.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AckAckAttack34

However, you are right about the transition from switching to newer tech. It would take a few decades for it to come to regular use due to the amount of money it would take to buy new technology. The rich would be the only ones that could afford a flying car for many decades. It would be like automobile was just discovered again, and horses are obsolete (history repeats itself). So most people would still go to regular mechanics.

If a new source of energy however came into the industry that much better and renewable then oil, well the entire corporate world and industry would go up in smoke. I guess that where I was trying to go with my statement.

You are correct about introduction of the computer, and how long it took to become a regular thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I read the link so as not to be accused of not paying attention.

So... It's packaging material they threw overboard that accidentally went into that impossible polar orbit? Am I getting that right?

Sometimes I think we here at ats would all benefit, including yourself, if you were to take some effort to learn how to elaborate a bit more. It's just, sometimes "Nope you're wrong" plus a link, doesn't really xplain it to my satisfaction I'm sorry to say. So, um, yeaaaah...I'm gonna need you to go ahead and work on that for me. Yes, yes I know, you weren't scheduled for anything this weekend, but what we are really looking for is a team player here and so I'm gonna need you to go ahead and work through the weekend for me, mmmkay? Alright then.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I like orientating the object this way.

Makes for a highly suggestive picture.

It looks badass.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Originally posted by BeReasonable
reply to post by kimish

Why do people continue to suggest its Nazi related? Watching to much hellboy? Being the most technologically advanced in 1950 is really not that big a deal. Launch capability was in its earliest infancy, if the soviets struggled to launch a few hundred pounds in the 50's how is it plausible that the Nazis launched thousands of pounds in the 40's when every allied nation had their eyes ( and radars) trained on the axis powers. The suggestion is ludicrous

Not a Big Deal!! of the Nazi Advanced Technolagy you Kidding Right !!

most of Our Technolagy in a Military Sence came from the Nazi Hell the ones that help put us on the Moon were from Nazis that came from Operation Papper Clip

ok !! V2 to High tech Submarines!! to JEts

Speaking of the V2 Rocket There was a Manned V2 on the Drawing Board !!! to go into Space !

Weird Science: German Military Spacecraft of World War 2
worldatwar.net...

edit on 1-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

The Nazi's didn't invent the Jet Engine. The first Jet Engine was the Power Jet WU. Designed by Sir Frank Whittle and his team in and it ran in 1937:-

en.wikipedia.org...

www.gracesguide.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In 1899: Tesla developed a high-voltage, radio transmission equipment in Colorado Springs. Tesla announced that he was receiving a electrical signal which appears to intelligent. The signal was clearly repeated periodically with such a clear suggestion of number and order. This lead him to believe that the signal was extraterrestrial communication with aliens. At first he assumed they were originating from Mars. Later he changed that opinion and stated in one of his new conferences that the signal was coming from somewhere else in space....

Maybe its related to this black knight satellite, maybe not, but either way, its interesting...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh, so maybe it was top secret military tech? And they allowed newspaper articles and photos of it? That would mean it would be declassified and admitted to and we would all know what it is already. Sorry. Doesn't work for me quite yet but I do keep an open mind and I always allow for the possibility that perhaps I may have misunderstood something... Ahhh...I like never being wrong. As long as I acknowledge that I could be wrong in my understanding of something, then I can never actually be wrong

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
So... It's packaging material they threw overboard that accidentally went into that impossible polar orbit? Am I getting that right?

Those are two of several unrelated stories that got concatenated into the 'classic myth'.

The shuttle packing debris were tossed out by the two spacewalkers during one assembly day in December 1998, at the very start of the ISS. These objects were discussed at the time, see the very valuable archives of the 'SeeSAT' amateur skywatchers at satobs.org, I believe.

ADD Yeah, like this one:

www.satobs.org...

I highly recommend wandering around this whole site to see what amateurs can do to track satellites, even secret ones.
edit on 1-6-2013 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnathanandheather
reply to post by MegaSpace

Your prolly right on the decepticon. Prolly some evil dark planet out there ready to pounce.
Life imitates art or is it vice versa. Either way.

STARSCREAM!!!! Get your butt in here now!!

Yes lord megatron?

Take a look at the viewscreen you useless bucket of bolts! Tell me what do you see.

Umm.. well It seems i might have left shockwave in orbit lord megatron.

Well go and get him. before you join him!

Yes megatron!

Im sorry i could not resist that. On topic though its a very interesting item. Mayby its the mysterious Plasma weapon that officially does not exist. wink wink.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
In 1899: Tesla developed a high-voltage, radio transmission equipment in Colorado Springs. Tesla announced that he was receiving a electrical signal which appears to intelligent. The signal was clearly repeated periodically with such a clear suggestion of number and order. This lead him to believe that the signal was extraterrestrial communication with aliens. At first he assumed they were originating from Mars. Later he changed that opinion and stated in one of his new conferences that the signal was coming from somewhere else in space....

Maybe its related to this black knight satellite, maybe not, but either way, its interesting...

Well I know that your top paragraph is cut and pasted from greater ancesters .com's story about this but that's another matter. Next time just list the source and give credit to the original writer.

greaterancestors.com

Interesting point about Tesla though. I believe this thing could be an ancient Alien probe that no longer functions properly. Or, if I really wanna go out on a limb here I will also say that the main image when zoomed in, looks just like some Alien being's head sticking right out of the cockpit. It's white and you can see the eyes, mouth and all.

I am serious, I know this sounds crazy. I first noticed it when I zoomed in on my Iphone earlier this morning while reading this thread.

Go to the OP's first image and hold down your Ctrl button and roll your mouse button in order to zoom in (for those who don't know how to do this). The possible space craft looks to be flying straight up, but I can't be sure of which angle the photo was taken at. I see a white head and a face. Well, what looks like to be a white head and a face.

You guys let me know if anyone can see what I am describing? ~$heopleNation
edit on 1-6-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join