It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AckAckAttack34

Black color for a satellite is not right. There is a difference in plane and satellite.
The temp can go up very high in space when direct sunlight hits. A light reflecting color is better.

Unless satellite uses advanced tech to cool its interiors.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
That is a very interesting object and story. This is the first I have really heard of it as I don't follow UFO stuff to much. A thought occured to me though after reading all of these posts and speculations, so I will just throw this out there as I have no clue either on what it is, I just let my mind wander on the possibilities.

Perhaps it is actually something from our future. Some sort of military satellite that either accidentally found a worm hole of some kind (they are finding it is possible) or was purposely sent back to observe us and our history.

It doesn't have to be human made if that was the case, it could be from something else that evolved much later on after we go extinct.

It was just a thought that I kind of came up with while looking at the photos and reading comments.
The color black could simply be to capture heat as a power source.

Or it could be space junk...who knows, just wanted to share my own thought on it after glancing at the photos.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: not enough coffee yet

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
NSA has stuff up there that can count the rivets on the Space Shuttle. I am pretty sure they got better pictures and probably know what this is. Maybe the X-37 has visited it.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm sorry, honestly,

but am i the only sane being in the village here ?,

while i find the subject of the black knight satellite to be above normal entertaining and extremely interesting.

my inner gut feeling screams "distraction" ... i mean ... this is a topic posted by a super moderator is it not ??

are we not steered away from other more significant story's of the day ?

hey i could be wrong but wtf,

I find it mildly disturbing that you could be overwhelmed buy such reacurring tripe.

are we serious or are we not in our activities on this website?

Muzz

edit on 1/6/2013 by Ormuz because: because i just did in this moment ... deal with it

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Looks like junk to me
or
Maybe that is what is was made to look like.....

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
So OP, I've barely heard of that satellite, what the heck does UNKNOWN mean? Is it Russia's? Chinas? NK's? If not, then no one will object - Shoot it down and see what it is. Or are you suggesting Alien???

Originally posted by abeverage
Ok that is the first time I have ever seen any photograph purported to be the BKS! I must say it looks like a cross between ALIEN and the Protoss from StarCraft!

Haha good one. In fact, you really should notice how large part of this game's story line is from conspiracies. I personally like the part saying how UED (United Earth Directorate) was evloved from previous world organization that alone evloved from the former UN. Because that's likely how the world's NWO will go and that moment is also implemented in the game, except the plot is basically after a world organization and governement were created and after man's reaching deep space.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

People can say whatever they want, and after reading other's posts (up to page 3 at least so far), I am fairly willing to discard these opinions.

I will just take the photographs and stick with that.

One photo appears to show a thruster flare coming out of it. Maybe.

I propose that the object may have thrusters and that may be what the visible "bump" on the side of it is that stands out and looks strange.

Totally reminds me of the monolith as well.

Thanks for bringing this mysterious topic back up Gazrok. Always enjoy weird stuff like this.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

Originally posted by Ormuz
I'm sorry, honestly,

but am i the only sane being in the village here ?,

Nope, you're as mad as the rest of us, unfortunately.

my inner gut feeling screams "distraction" ... i mean ... this is a topic posted by a super moderator is it not ??

Yes, indeed. Posted by a fellow human with as much (or little) power as the rest of us.

are we not steered away from other more significant story's of the day ?

Absolutely. Thank gawd! We need a little candy floss every now and then to keep us alive. Too much steak gives me indigestion.

are we serious or are we not in our activities on this website?

We are not. Otherwise we would be marching through the streets. This is website is much less serious. Like I said; candy floss.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Maybe it is a Decepticon (Transformer) "Oil Truck" that never made it past the Earth's orbit.....

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

hahaha, that's awesome bro, a good belly laugh is just what i needed

Muzz

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Why do people continue to suggest its Nazi related? Watching to much hellboy? Being the most technologically advanced in 1950 is really not that big a deal. Launch capability was in its earliest infancy, if the soviets struggled to launch a few hundred pounds in the 50's how is it plausible that the Nazis launched thousands of pounds in the 40's when every allied nation had their eyes ( and radars) trained on the axis powers. The suggestion is ludicrous

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

reply to post by LiveForever8

hahaha, that's awesome bro, a good belly laugh is just what i needed

Muzz

hmm, where was the "funny"? since you obviously had a very good laugh, share please

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Good stuff!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alienDNA

Don't take life to serious, i guess, i found the reply previous to be funny even if he was serious or not. point is, a reminder .... relax..

Muzz
edit on 1/6/2013 by Ormuz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well I read the first few pages, before this turned into a pissing contest between some of you. From the pics in the original post I don't see how it couldn't be a rock, or a piece of twisted metal from one of the many countries on earth now shooting their respective garbage into space for the last 60 years. Nothing to make me think this is anything other than space junk, but would love to see any evidence if it exists. Time to search for the previous threads and hope they contain more info than this one.
edit on 1-6-2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
Well I read the first few pages, before this turned into a pissing contest between some of you. From the pics in the original post I don't see how it couldn't be a rock, or a piece of twisted metal from one of the many countries on earth now shooting their respective garbage into space for the last 60 years. Nothing to make me think this is anything other than space junk, but would love to see any evidence if it exists. Time to search for the previous threads and hope they contain more info than this one.
edit on 1-6-2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

I hope your search comes across comments from the guy who tossed it overboard. It might clarify things a little.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Very interesting find. Never heard about this before. Gonna look some stuff up, if I find anything good i'll post it. S&F

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
When you boil it down, someone is probably studying us. But to have a hunk of metal floating around to do so would not make any sense. Technology required to travel here would be amazing, any kind of probing technology would be equally amazing. If an intelligent species is watching us, we probably will not know about it. Could be invisible nano scale probes all around us, we would never even know. Im sure given technology great enough a species could alter the DNA of grass and turn every blade into a super fast computer that transmits and receives data at the quantum scale. If its only hundreds of years away for us, then what would technology in a thousand years look like.... would we even recognize it ?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If it's not junk, it's probably extra-terrestrial... & that would be scary

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I know a lot of people want to focus on the pictures. And that is completely understandable. They look interesting and mysterious.

The problem is that by concentrating on the pictures that are from more recent times, we are forgetting something a LOT more important, and that is the reason why the subject even exists.

An ancient (or just old) satellite, in orbit around the Earth.....prior to the US or USSR placing anything in orbit.

I would think that one would concentrate on that claim first that came out in 1954 and not a STS photo.

Basically we have a single source for this claim. Only one person that made this claim:

Donald Edward Keyhoe

Mr. Keyhoe made claims that there was a artificial satellite, possibly two, in orbit around the Earth, that the Army has spotted it using radar in mid 1953, and had commissioned Clyde Tombaugh (the person that found Pluto), to search the skies for these satellites.

Mr. Keyhoe's source? A unknown person at the Pentagon, according to him.

Now, let's take a look at something here. Let's go back a little bit before 14 May, 1954. Let us go back to:

Or 15 March, 1954, TIME magazine:

Astronomer Clyde Tombaugh, who spotted the planet Pluto (1930), is looking for a nearer and even more elusive object: a second satellite of the earth. Since he refuses to give details and refers questioners to Army Ordnance-in Washington, it is fair to assume that the famous rocket-men who work for Army Ordnance are interested in the project. They may want merely to know what opposition from nature their rockets are apt to encounter when they climb deep into space. Or they may have a more ambitious interest: a nearby, natural satellite might be a more convenient base in space than the... Read more

Time Magazine (sorry guys, have to subscribe to read the rest of the article).

Or 20 March, 1954:

So what we have here is, several articles talking about what the Army and Tombaugh are doing.....months before Mr. Keyhoe publishes anything. Not the other way around (Keyhoe states something, and the Army defends it's actions with a story).

This also isn't a "Swamp Gas", "Weather Balloon", or "Planet Venus" explanation to some UFO sighting or anything like that.

This was actual research being done to see if there was anything up there that was small and orbiting the Earth.

The only one making a claim that it was otherwise was Mr. Keyhoe.

In fact, Clyde Tombaugh said this:

Professor Tombaugh is closemouthed about his results. He won't say whether or not any small natural satellites have been discovered. He does say, however, that newspaper reports of 18 months ago announcing the discovery of natural satellites at 400 and 600 miles out are not correct. He adds that there is no connection between the search program and the reports of so-called flying saucers.[16] At a 1957 meteor conference in Los Angeles, Tombaugh reiterated that his four-year search for natural satellites had been unsuccessful.[17] In 1959 Tombaugh issued a final report stating that nothing had been found in his search.

Source

So again, while I understand the the STS pictures are interesting, and later stories are also interesting, I think the very foundation of the entire story is important to look at. It basically boils down to this:

March 1954 it's announced that the US Army commissions Clyde Tombaugh to look for small satellites that might be in orbit around Earth.
May 1954, Donald Keyhoe claims that the US Army is really looking for an artificial satellite, and even claims that they found one (or maybe two), and cites his source as someone in the Pentagon.

The whole story of BKS is based upon one person having a statement published in May of 1954. It's like a single very weak stick holding up a house. Kick the stick away and the house comes down.

While I find the story very interesting myself, I'm surprised that so many would rather ignore the original sources for the whole thing, and concentrate on the pictures taken in more modern times, well after the fact that not only the US and USSR were able to put junk up there, but other countries too.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join