It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
First, I don't think it's some alien satellite that has been orbiting earth for over 60 years. That's trying to string historical reports together to try and make one cohesive story that strikes me as a bit illogical to me. It's like saying your friend found fresh prints of a Bigfoot last month in New York state and of course, since large similar footprints were found in Del Norte County, California in 1958, then clearly logic dictates that your friend is tracking the same 50+ year old Bigfoot that is been traveling the United States this whole time right?

Let me give you an alternate explanation with some background, but my humble answer is that the Black Knight Satellite it is a US military black space project- and that's all.

When Ronald Reagan was planning SDI, it didn't take a genius to see that it would be insanely costly to put all of the satellites from the ground into orbit via shuttle or rocket launches, another cheaper way had to be engineered. The US was working on and had developed a "space plane" or an aircraft that could go from a dead stop on a runway, then to high altitude and then into space and back again and land like a convention aircraft and that could also launch, service and maintain a satellite fleet away from the public eyes around NASA. More importantly, do it at a fraction of the cost as a Delta rocket or the space shuttle launch. If this sounds a bit far fetched, take a look at Richard Branson's Virgin Group that in 8 years with private funding already is able to get such a plan in low earth orbit. Imagine what the US government could put in the sky with 20-30 years and access to tens of billions of dollars can produce instead of Branson's group.

So, for part 1, yes, I think it's likely a space plane or black project satellite. Here's the second part of my explanation too. In the 1980's and 1990's there was concern in the intelligence community that other countries could "see" (via radar and IR observation) a satellite coming and simply try and hide things from view on the ground from that satellite. One of the solutions that was proposed was to equip a new series of satellites with stealth material that would hide them from radar or IR observation from the ground. Perhaps most interesting part of this was that there was reference to retractable screens or "balloons" that were treated with this stealth material that would deploy around the satellite while over enemy space to hide it from observation. Basically, the US could hide the launch spy aircraft and spy satellites into space in complete secret over the world’s oceans and then continue to hide them while still in space using the deployable stealth technology. I imagine if you were to watch the stealth screens being deployed (lol, or get stuck…) from the satellite or aircraft you would say that it was "transforming" as panels would open and close and the shape of the craft would change as the screens were deployed and taken back onboard.

Anyway, Just my 2 cents, hope it helps!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I love this topic thank you for sharing!! To me it looks artificial!

2nd

Gs

+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Actually not really, it is far from a tale. NASA knows it exists. If it's just space junk or something else is another discussion.
That's the trouble. I don't see how we get to "it" from different and widely separated sightings. I don't understand why the images from STS-88 have to have anything to do with the Black Knight.

Instead of asking that question, why don't you bless us with your all knowing knowledge? I for one would love to hear your opinion?
My opinion is that what was sighted was the portion of the vehicle which remaining in orbit. I didn't think my point was that subtle.

Also, Why didn't you quote Gazrok's name in the post that you responded to him?
Because I clicked the button to reply to the thread rather than the opening post, the button that says "Post Reply". I often do that.

Anything to do with him being a Moderator here,
No.

Kind of strange how you tried to slip that one by us all buddy eh? Whatever, I am sure you got your reasons.
And I'm sure you have your reasons for trying to make me a topic of discussion....buddy.

edit on 5/31/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AckAckAttack34

Having read that, I could accept that as being very plausible and very well said btw

However, as was previously mentioned, the earliest comments that there were artificial satellites in orbit came around the mid-50s, so we have a dilemma in what to believe.

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SheopleNation

Instead of asking that question, why don't you bless us with your all knowing knowledge? I for one would love to hear your opinion?
My opinion is that what was sighted was the portion of the vehicle which remaining in orbit. I didn't think my point was that subtle.

Also, Why didn't you quote Gazrok's name in the post that you responded to him?
Because I clicked the button to reply to the thread rather than the opening post, the button that says "Post Reply". I often do that.

Anything to do with him being a Moderator here,
No.

Kind of strange how you tried to slip that one by us all buddy eh? Whatever, I am sure you got your reasons.
And I'm sure you have your reasons for trying to make me a topic of discussion....buddy.

Guys, bit of decorum please, we're all buddies here on ATS

edit on 31-5-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
First time I've seen this and now I'm very curious. It doesn't look like debris or junk to me but I don't know what it could be either.

Very cool.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Brilliant thread as always Gazrok. I read one or two ATS threads on the BKS a few years ago and it always stuck with me as one of those truly deep and fascinating mysteries of the universe, of which there are only a handful. I appreciate your effort to put together all this information, there were a few gold nuggets in there which I hadn't stumbled across before. It's clear that none of the official explanations cut the mustard and the number of times they changed the official story is very telling. Guess they weren't so smooth with cover stories back then.

edit on 31/5/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Going back to the OP somewhere i thought the weight they worked out was quite enormous for anything we could be capable of launching at the time as well
Any bunkers?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Ok, fair enough.

I disagree, but it's not a big deal at the end of the day.

No.

Ok, roger that PhageY!

And I'm sure you have your reasons for trying to make me a topic of discussion

No not at all bro, that is not what I did. it was the subject of the thread, and it was your opinions and statements in regards to it that I was replying to you about. Not everything is about you my friend.

....buddy.

Oh come on Phage, you break my balls all the time. I was just questioning you cause nobody ever does. Don't take it personal because I respect you a lot and I am sure that you understand that. Seriously, I enjoy your posts here at ATS and always hope that you are posting.

Have a great weekend. ~$heopleNation

edit on 31-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You cannot deny symmetry.. That is an object I don't care what anyone say's... It is too perfect to just be an accident.

Gs

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Those damn NAZI's beat us up to space, and this satellite will bring their ultimate weapon to plague the Earth, NAZI ZOMBIES!!!!

Ok all joking aside, is it possible that the NAZIs may have sent something up into space prior to our winning ww2 without our knowledge??

The only other explanation I am willing to accept is this is an observational vessel from either the Grays or the Nords. It is rather small to keep any significant volume of personnel. Maybe this device is where our evil bankster overlords that rule the world receive their orders from their alien masters?? Yall think im joking but I am dead serious. The presence of the Grays is simply a fact of life on Earth now and there are thousands upon thousands of contact and abduction cases the world over. I believe the BKS may somehow tie into that.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I really wish we could decouple the NASA pictures from the 1950's news stories and the 1960's radar report....

To me to simply say they all are talking about this single Black Knight Satellite is a bit of a stretch....

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I love this thread..

Benn a big follower of the BKS for years...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Maybe this device is where our evil bankster overlords that rule the world receive their orders from their alien masters?? Yall think im joking but I am dead serious. The presence of the Grays is simply a fact of life on Earth now and there are thousands upon thousands of contact and abduction cases the world over. I believe the BKS may somehow tie into that.

HAHA.

Or it could be remnant of our past, maybe put there by an ancient advanced civilization from long ago! Maybe Lord Krishna put it there!

At any rate, if there was something there that wasn't put there by modern humans, someone, NASA, US military, Russia, etc. would've either shot it down or captured it by now.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
yeah, if any of this tale is true, I'd put my money on the Nazi's. First of all, Nazi rockets were way ahead of their time, and then the Nazi scientists acquired at the end of the war greatly helped progress the US space program... couldn't that be because they had already successfully sent something to space? And for fun, let's pretend the decoded message it was broadcasting was "Hail Hitler" or something. And for even more fun, you could imagine that the Nazi satellite must've been kept secret because the discovery of it would eventually lead to the unveiling of the secret Nazi UFO program.

Yep, it's gotta be the Nazis. Or science-fiction. Either or ... good thread. I haven't felt the signed in for many months!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is the first time I've heard about the black knight satellite, and I am absolutely intrigued. One of the more fascinating threads I've read in a while

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Possibly, or perhaps they've made several attempts to shoot it down and were unsuccessful and just gave up? After all, how many times have Jets tried to intercept UFOs unsuccessfully, if the stories are to be believed, Rail guns and directed energy weapons have been fired unsuccessfully at UFOs in orbit. Perhaps if this thing is "out of this world" we are still outmatched. Although we are probably catching up in the black projects.

Do you remember "Die Another Day" and how Icharus was able to shoot down Nuclear warheads? This thing in the STS photos, if it's the same object, kind of reminds me of that. Then again, it could be ancient tech as well.
It really doesn't look like junk to me either.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Dark Knight is the kind of UFO story I like best: an enigmatic alien presence on the edge of space and the threshold of the Space Age, watching quietly, perhaps for millennia, until the subjects of its observation acquire the power to enter its realm and detect it... then quietly vanishing, leaving nothing but a few radar traces to indicate that it was ever there.

It's also very much a story of its time, coated with an icy gel of Cold War paranoia and redolent of the primitive technology of that era. Very romantic (to me, at least).

I agree with Phage and Mr. Oberg that there is probably some rather mundane explanation for the phenomenon, but I prefer not to consider it. I'd rather think of the Dark Knight as alien and mysterious. It's more fun that way.

Kudos, by the way, to abeverage for mentioning Valis.

Less well known than Dark Knight – though far better documented and genuinely mysterious – is 1991VG, an object whose orbital behaviour and cyclically varying albedo suggested to its discoverer that it might be an alien spacecraft.

A ~10m object in heliocentric orbit... was discovered a month before perigee with the Spacewatch telescope at Kitt's Peak. Its very Earth-like orbit and observations of rapid brightness fluctuations argue for it being an artificial object rather than an asteroid. None of the handful of man-made bodies left in purely heliocentric orbits during the space age have purely gravitational orbits returning to Earth at that time... In addition, the small perigee distance observed might be interpreted as an indication of a controlled rather than random encounter with the Earth, and thus it might be argued that 1991VG is a candidate for an alien probe observed in the vicinity of our planet. Source

In the 22 years since the object was discovered, no-one has been able to disprove this suggestion – or verify it. 1991VG will return to near-Earth space in 2017; maybe we'll get a better look at it then.

edit on 1/6/13 by Astyanax because: D4rk Knight has no place in this discussion.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
While studying this awhile back the most interesting piece I found on it was this Harvard.edu paper.

articles.adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
My intuition on the BKS tells me that it's from Germany during the NAZI "era". It's just my gut feeling.

Hitler was all about the occult, flying saucers, inner earth... all of that. Rumors abound about Nazi bases on the moon and in Antarctica. So why not a Nazi Satellite? During that time the Germans were the most technologically advanced nation on the planet. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the BKS was a piece of German ingenuity.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by XGodofWar

Just beat you to it. But 1991VG is not the Dark Knight. The orbital period of 1991VG doesn't match with the time of the Dark Knight 'sighting'.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join