It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok, This is Still as Fascinating now as when I first heard of this a few years back! Just poked around on Google looking for a fairly recent update on this thing and haven't seen anything about it still being there or when it was seen last. (Besides Years ago.)

Great Thread! Later, Syx.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I must admit I've heard of it but haven't really delved into it. I will say this much, if Keyhoe thinks he was onto something then I wouldn't throw this story away as BS, all of what I've read of Keyhoe has been pretty spot on the money

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My own pet theory on the Black Knight was that it could have been a V2 or A4 test that got accidentally inserted into orbit during WW2

Problem is that the picture looks nothing like either of those.

Question is this - is that pic of the actual Black Knight?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well it appears that Adama must have missed a ship when he sent the fleet into the sun at the end of battle star galatica

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

(vs. the alien signals and everything else that gets lumped with it)

I resent that remark but appreciate the thread...

Really intrigued by this subject for years, completely plausible, could be a probe to keep tabs on us.....

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaSpace

Your prolly right on the decepticon. Prolly some evil dark planet out there ready to pounce.
Life imitates art or is it vice versa. Either way.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've seen that thing in my mental vacations. About as sure as I've seen the inside of an ISS, and the inside of other space craft, long distance like. It has a carbon (grapheme?) skin.

The first thing I thought oh wow, it must be a black project shuttle with a floating dock from an uber military space program that hasn't been disclosed to the public. But this is on the Internet, the photo in the thread, and now this news that it's been around since the 20th century? This is not from our world line then.

edit: it is a military but not one from here. And just because we have multiple pictures of it doesn't mean it's been there continuously. Likely it can be from a future, an evolved present parallel, or a past evolved parallel earth. I can't remember what they're doing.

It's sort of like those sights I've had of a couple explorers on Mars, picking at rocks on the surface. They know they aren't recognized by the planetary powers that be, and the planetary powers that be can't do much about it, it's outer space territory, beyond their true jurisdictions. And trying to persist that it's true gets the classified wall from authorities.

I guess some points for identifying it would be to look for doors, flags, symbols. Can we blow it up, or will it bite us back? It could very well be a weapon.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Sandalphon because: take me to your leader

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Phage and Mr. Oberg--you guys are no fun!

(interesting how the thread continues as if your posts were little more than speed bumps)

all we need now is for the SciFi channel to make a movie of the week on it

(damage? it's just a flesh wound!)
edit on 31-5-2013 by works4dhs because: clarify

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
Phage and Mr. Oberg--you guys are no fun!

(interesting how the thread continues as if your posts were little more than speed bumps)

all we need now is for the SciFi channel to make a movie of the week on it

(damage? it's just a flesh wound!)

The subject is too much fun for anybody to seriously want to rain on it, and everybody's interest is entirely justified [well, I'm not too sure about that guy who is dreaming he's visiting onboard]. These stories spring from real observations and real speculations and genuine puzzlements. A better familiarity with real spaceflight practices and history is the antidote to wilder versions, and is the fuel for highly interesting theories. But ATS appears to be the best site on the 'net for pooling questions, insights, and experience. I'm delighted that so many enthusiastic folks still find such ideas fascinating, because space history is full of mysteries even weirder than this one.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I thought I'd read about everything under the conspiracy sun. This one is new to me. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I think it's just a fun idea: ancient satellite that is up there that no one knows who put it there. You have to admit, it's an interesting idea, real or not.

I'm sure even Phage thinks once in a while: "What if it were true?" before raining on the parade.

Still, regardless of whether or not there is any real substance to BKS, the idea of finding something that doesn't belong to anyone here on Earth, in orbit around our planet, some other planet or moon, can really fire the imagination. The stuff that many a Science Fiction novel or short story has been written about.

It can be a lot of fun to imagine the "What If?" part, and though I help spend a lot of time being skeptical or debunking Alien Bases On The Moon!.......still, there is always part of me that hopes one day one would be found.

The reactions and actions that happen after that would make things very interesting.

So while I'm busy debunking that blurry Apollo photo......I''m also hoping one day someone shows a LROC picture of something that looks like Moon Base Alpha.

edit on 31-5-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Now why didnt NASA
came closer to study it or bring the dam thing on board or Space walk to it to check it out!!

Jim Oberg now why dont you tell ATS what it is !

if you know so much about it !

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
why not just send a shuttle to capture it and bring it home.

+17 more 
posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Summary of the whole thread :

TIMELINE :

Discovery of Black knight satellite : 1954

Launch of 1st satellite ( Sputnik -1 ) : 1957

First Successful U.S. Rocket Launch into Space : 1958

Launch of Discoverer V : 1959

CONCLUSION :

- Black knight is an Alien satellite

Any Doubt ?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I'm sure even Phage thinks once in a while: "What if it were true?" before raining on the parade.

Yup. I love science fiction. Rereading Redemption Ark at the moment. The story could actually be called into the Black Knight thing.

It just rubs me wrong when "facts" are presented that aren't really facts. It doesn't really help the storyline.
edit on 5/31/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

From the other pics you can see it is nothing but a twisted and sheared piece of a rocket booster of some type, hardly some satellite when in one pic you can see it is half of something that was thin and round. Also at that low of an altitude it would not be space junk and stay up there for 50 years on its own.

These pics can not be the mysterious satellite from the 50's. You know our governments would have grabbed or destroyed it a long time ago if it was something alien.

This is just another government teaser for all the people who believe in Aliens to support their Roswell stunt, the one to cover their secret aircraft projects.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just an editorial comment: too often people bicker for the sake of bickering.

ace.mu.nu...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

Discovery of Black knight satellite : 1954
No. A possible (and unconfirmed) discovery of two natural Earth satellites. Possibly passing asteroids. Possibly temporary captures, if they were really there at all. Lincoln LaPaz, said they the article in Aviation Week was "false in every particular, in so far as reference to me is concerned." In other words, he was misquoted.
select.nytimes.com...
www.roswellproof.com...

Any Doubt ?
Yeah. Quite a bit.

edit on 5/31/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The Black Knight satellite is a fine tale which, as such tales do, has grown in the telling. Somehow making connections between various "mysterious" satellite sightings.

Actually not really, it is far from a tale. NASA knows it exists. If it's just space junk or something else is another discussion.

What does the fact that the Discoverer V satellite deorbited have to do with the fact that much of the vehicle remained in orbit?

Instead of asking that question, why don't you bless us with your all knowing knowledge? I for one would love to hear your opinion?

Also, Why didn't you quote Gazrok's name in the post that you responded to him? Anything to do with him being a Moderator here, or did you all of a sudden decide to do something that you almost never do here ever at ATS cause you are trying to walk softly?

Kind of strange how you tried to slip that one by us all buddy eh? Whatever, I am sure you got your reasons.
~$heopleNation
edit on 31-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join