It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes, the shape does look familiar.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have a question....

Why the name Black Knight?

I only ask as this was the name for the British space project which preceded Blue Streak in the 1950's to test re-entry vehicles for the latter....

Black Knight

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would imagine if it's not one of ours, they would have "plucked" it from the sky by now. Unless, we have given them permission to leave it there. Sort of like the the verizon thing...

Any fresh images anywhere??

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

As Dunning's analytical article and 14-minute podcast of the topic points out here, the origin of the name is not clear. And as you point out, the name was used before.

But it certainly lends a mysterious and sinister tone to the matter. Without such a name the story may not have been embellished so elaborately over the years.

I think it's fascinating to analyse how various strands of the story - probably all unrelated - were pulled together by someone to make a coherent if untrue legend.

Many of us want to believe in sinister cover-ups because they are much more interesting than finding the truth. But the field of the paranormal would be much less interesting if this wasn't the norm for the subject.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
Yes, the shape does look familiar.

Now that is funny !!

seriously I think People can tell from a thermal blanket and from what the OP first posted
of this Black Knight Satellite what i see it looks solid this First Pic

From the Ops first page
Pic taken from Space Shuttle of object commonly alleged as the Black Knight)

(Note, some may claim this is other man-made debris and not the Black Knight, and it may well be, but if so, I've seen nothing else conclusively identifying the rather large object in this pic or the other STS088 pics)
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Does this look like a Blanket or some pin to you ?

edit on 8-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

o Cooper's green UFO. Of COURSE it sounds like bunk, when pulling in all of those unrelated items.

Speaking about Green UFO!! did you know the Professors at Texas Tech who saw Lubbock Lights , Dr. Oberg, Prof. Ducker, and Dr. Robinson, discuss them with Dr. E. L. George. that saw this during the time of the Lubbick Lights UFOS said they also saw Green Fire Balls aka Foo Fighters !! in1950 then dont forget the Montana ufo incident caught on film of 2 Ufos that were spherical in 1950

1951 Lubbock lights UFOs in Texas (Video)
www....(nolink)/1951-lubbock-lights-ufos-in-texas-video/

Scholarly Commentary on LIFE article of April 7, 1952
www.nicap.org...

Montana Ufo incident

edit on 8-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

And also, the Lubbock lights witness Carl Hart Jr, recieved an intimidating visit by Agents of the FBI. All these years later, Hart recounts it on a documentary and feels traumatized by that still. I tried to find that interview vid just the other day, but for some reason, I wasn't having luck on it

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Who ever said it was a pin? It looks like a trunnion pin's thermal blanket, says the guy who was there, my buddy astronaut Jerry Ross. You can see it tumbling away in the posted video.

There's another video about to be uploaded that shows it even better.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

That is not the only image of the object but for some reason it seems to be the most popular. How about these ones?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00b4c4b9995d.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36be8f40b1f7.png[/atsimg]

Did you watch the first video?
Here is the video Jim was talking about (sorry for the delay). The escape!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Please watch the two videos that Phage has linked to, that show the spacewalkers installing several thermal covers over trunnion pins on the US Node. The thermal covers are silver reflective on one side, and flat white on the other, and are shaped somewhat like a flattened flower blossom with square-cut petals.

In the videos you can see one of them drifting off, after it came loose from its tether to the wrist of one of the astronauts. It shows different profiles, as it slowly tumbles, to the TV cameras inside the crew cabin and to various cameras located in corners of the payload bay.

The still photographs from the OP were taken from inside the cabin [the video shows the crewman while he is actually taking them], and show the same-shaped object, with the shiny reflective side facing space and thus looking pitch black. Even the sun gleam off a shiny fold of the cover can be seen in the OP views and also the videos.

The videos should convince any observant, perceptive person that the stills posted by the OP are just higher-resolution snapshots of the same object seen in both videos: a thin, shiny thermal cover, one of several meant to be installed during the second spacewalk. But the "one that got away" -- and soon burned up.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

So this is what it is this is what you are telling me ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00b4c4b9995d.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36be8f40b1f7.png[/atsimg]

Or is it a like this one !! thermal blanket !

hey look its jerry ross!!

edit on 9-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

reply to post by JimOberg

So this is what it is this is what you are telling me ?

Right! Here are some stills from the second video, that show the deployed 'shape' of the blankets, irregular perimeter with flaps, and a central 'sleeve' to slip over the pin itself. Once you realize that shape, the sleeve literally sticks out plain as day in the OP photos. The second thermal blanket photo you posted [good work!!] is on the Russian FGB module -- you can see the Cyrillic letter 'B' on the panel -- and none of them were dropped this time.

Three covers shown. Flat white top, silver underneath, pin 'sleeve' centered.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't think we are alone in the Universe. The Black Knight could very well be for real. There is more data possibly indicating of its' existence. The information that both Phase & JO are giving;their arguments are not strong enough to warrent their explanation. Just my two cents,please take no offense.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GraciaEspn
I don't think we are alone in the Universe. The Black Knight could very well be for real. There is more data possibly indicating of its' existence. The information that both Phase & JO are giving;their arguments are not strong enough to warrent their explanation. Just my two cents,please take no offense.

Gracia, we're talking about the photographs of the interesting object posted by the OP. They were from the STS-88 mission in December 1998. After significant effort we found and posted video from TV cameras inside and outside the crew cabin, and got a comment by Jerry Ross, one of the spacewalking astronauts. Wolfie also found and posted stills of typical thermal covers installed on the mission. Please look over all that visual and eyewitness evidence, and explain why you don't think they establish the identity of the OP's photographs [those pictures are time-tagged with the same date/time of the spacewalk, did you notice?]. Thanks.

The other aspects of the story are also discussed, but separately.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What most people dont understand is that NASA iSNT the leader within science and space exploration. The human race space exploration is funded by private companies, and are you far ahead of whatever nasa has that we wouldnt be able to understand it,not even for the most capable scientists.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
What most people dont understand is that NASA iSNT the leader within science and space exploration. The human race space exploration is funded by private companies, and are you far ahead of whatever nasa has that we wouldnt be able to understand it,not even for the most capable scientists.

I'm not following your comment's connection to the OP's photographs and their true identification. Sorry!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks for sharing
I wonder what would its purpose be? Obviously there could be so many. Would love your thoughts on this.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Archirvion

I'm not following your comment's connection to the OP's photographs and their true identification. Sorry!

Jim, you're wasting your breath.

I think you've conclusively proved what Gazrok's photos are.

There are some here on ATS who will not change their preconceived ideas no matter what proof you provide them with.

They're usually the same people who attack those who offer rational explanations as "debunkers" or "disinformation agents."

Its a sad state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I edited the lights on the picture and rotated it in 4 ways
to get a better perspective and view. Peace

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the nice view of the trunnion pin thermal cover dropped by the astronaut. So what's your point?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join