It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... now I just need to get all my 3500 ATS points back >_>.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
my ATS points may seem a little low, but I'm not a new user. I just recently spent 3500 points on the R.A.T.S. forum ID no.38, so it'll take quite some time to regain all of those points... about how long does it regularly take to get them back?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
8 views and zero responses... I'm just asking a question

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Probably about as long as it took you to get them in the first place?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The point system is explained here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

JAK

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It depends NWObringer. I have seen people who joined only recently, and their amount of posts and points far outstrips my own.

Be aware though that people are only known here through their posts, so making low quality but frequent posts in an attempt to gain points quickly can be detrimental.

It is possible for very good posts to be rewarded with Applause from a Mod which is accompanied by a points bonus, (and I think that if another member votes you 'way above' you recieve a points bonus too) and your reputation will flourish.

Hope this helps.

Jack

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
The point system is explained here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know how the point system works, I was just asking if it took me that long the first time; would it take me quicker or shorter duiring the second?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWObringer
but I'm not a new user.

But you are, you are less than a month old.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Don't worry to much about getting the 3500 points back. Just hang out on ATS for a while and be your self. I though it would take years to get into the RATS forum, but it didn't. Besides the email account, theres not a whole lot of big stuff to buy after RATS. After buying RATS it seems to go a lot faster getting ATS points. BTW don't worry to much about being a new user, to me registration means little, it's the quality of the time you've contributed that counts, not how much time. Take FredT for example, that guy went from new member to Mod in no time. All it took was high quality posts.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah, good point cyberdude78. But if you still need more, NWObringer, here's a story that might help you out:

I bought the pass to the RATS forum about 3 weeks ago, and look where I am now.

Great story huh? I really liked the ending.

Tip #1: To look like an older, wiser, and more experienced member, just change the background color (don't use a bright color for God's sake!) and the text color (use a slightly lighter, but not vibrant color) and add a really great avatar.

Tip #2: Use good spelling, capitalization, grammer, and punctualization, and you'll sound smarter, too, even if your post sucks.

Tip #3: Make sure your post doesn't suck, because all other things won't really matter if it does.

Tip #4: Don't, in any situation, use more than 2 animated smilies in your post.

Tip #5: Get a good signature. U2U me, because I have a couple of really good ones you might like.

[Edited on 11/6/04 by diehard_democrat]

new topics

top topics

join