It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

People who believe in the barbaric human blood sacrifice of the Triune Jesus/God must believe that the greatest force ever to exist decided that humans, lowly creations whom we are told are infinitely inferior to God, are somehow more important than God’s own life and that he would give it up for believers.

That is like a slave master dying in place of his slave. A rather silly notion to me.

Jesus preached that we should develop a humble character with little self-pride.

How is placing your own life above Triune Jesus/God’s showing a humble character as you think that he would die for you? That is taking self-pride to the maximum.

I think that those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

Yet Christians who think they are moral will believe that God would do such a despicable thing as having his son killed even as scriptures say that God prefers repentance to sacrifice and does not believe in asking or accepting a ransom.

Is thinking that to believe that God would die for you the epitome of an inflated ego?

If not, what could possibly inflate an ego more than that?

Regards
DL

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Do you have children? How about parents?

Is it egotistical to know that either of my parents would give their lives for me? Is it egotistical for my children to know that I would give my life for them? Is it egotistical for my grandchild to know that her mother, grandparents and great-grandparents would give their lives for her? Or is knowing such things just being secure with unconditional love?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

its a legal question you pose
and i dont feel you do it cause you want to Accuse.

see
this present physical frame is a such Poor one
..incredible.

Dont think, that it is this frame that God created.
He didnt.

- after the Fall, the gorgious beings of adam and eve somehow 'slipped ' into this frame
[ it may be, that the 'human kind of frame ' is some Template... used and to be manipulated by extraterrestials...aka demons.. Whatever the real truth in that: this physical frame is human souls PRISON ]

and the hub here
its Satans prison

Now,
if you were you,
hów you d Get Out a soul from this human physical [ by satan owned] prison - LEGALLY ?

thats right
- by 'standing in that souls place ' .

to Undo this horrible limited physical frame.

- i hope i make sense.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I dont know if its "egotistical", I just think its a bizarre spin on a brutal murder (assuming that the Bible is a historical record).

Jesus was viewed as a troublemaker who threatened the status-quo, so they had Him tortured and killed.

edit on 31-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

i get your point....
but for the sake of perception,,,

what if god would die for himself?
self sacrifice is an amazing deed,,,,

everyone reading this can sometimes think-or try to "self sacrifice", in order to elevate the self,,,,
not necessarily for somebody else...
just a thought...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yet Christians who think they are moral will believe that God would do such a despicable thing as having his son killed even as scriptures say that God prefers repentance to sacrifice and does not believe in asking or accepting a ransom.

Ummmmmmmmmm I'm not religious

But to my understanding of Jesus that was kinda the whole point. There was apparently a resurrection, and I don't remember god demanding Jesus' death

I thought it was a kinda preplanned voluntary thing.

Jesus could have run away but chose to embrace his beliefs (much respect)
And isn't it quoted as " Forgive them father they know not what they have done" ?

So where's the ransom ?

Cody

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Is it possible for god to die? I don't think it is personally.

Obviously Jesus never died, or he wouldn't have been alive after his supposed death.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

just pointed out the amazing thing that is self sacrifice....

i really dont care that much of godsus.

with strange aeons, even death may die.----- H.P Lovecraft.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It's not egotistical it is just illogical. Why would a god need to die for his human creations? He can just reprogram them to think differently if he really wanted to.

Imagine scientists dying so that the robots can learn love. They can just build in the functions of love into them, no need to die for something when you can just reprogram it with intelligence and wisdom.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

He was demonstrating the epitome of love.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Is it egotistical to think your Creator would love you enough put you out of harms way and take your death? Can a father or mother die for their son or daughter and make the ultimate sacrifice? Can a husband die to save his wife? People do this all the time, and He did it 2000 years ago for us all.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

It's not egotistical it is just illogical. Why would a god need to die for his human creations? He can just reprogram them to think differently if he really wanted to.

Imagine scientists dying so that the robots can learn love. They can just build in the functions of love into them, no need to die for something when you can just reprogram it with intelligence and wisdom.

Maybe he has a very high sense of responsibility... Maybe he said "no, no, I created these things, and to reprogram them would be like saying I made a mistake, which I most certainly did not do. I will go down there myself and make things right, no matter what it takes.

How can you even think that you could understand how a god or any exponentially more intelligent being than yourself would think? Now THAT is egotistical AND illogical...

When an infant or animal gets a needle plunged into its flesh by a doctor, does it know that the doctor is giving it medicine? Or is it just thinking "why are you hurting me?? You must be evil! Basterd!"

You see, with a limited understanding, you cannot know the reasons for the actions of others. You can always try though, but eventually, hopefully, you will understand that not needing to know and just having trust in god can be quite a release. And maybe someday that will be something you will want for yourself. Or not.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

"If not, what could possibly inflate an ego more than that?"

Having a screen name like "the greatest one" or the greatest anything for that matter.

We ARE gods greatest creation. Higher than angels. God loves us. And I don't think a god can really die the way you're thinking.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

People who believe in the barbaric human blood sacrifice of the Triune Jesus/God must believe that the greatest force ever to exist decided that humans, lowly creations whom we are told are infinitely inferior to God, are somehow more important than God’s own life and that he would give it up for believers.

That is like a slave master dying in place of his slave. A rather silly notion to me.

Jesus preached that we should develop a humble character with little self-pride.

How is placing your own life above Triune Jesus/God’s showing a humble character as you think that he would die for you? That is taking self-pride to the maximum.

I think that those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

Is thinking that to believe that God would die for you the epitome of an inflated ego?

If not, what could possibly inflate an ego more than that?

Regards
DL

It is written:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to die, so that those who believe in Him might have eternal life."

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If you live in a country that has sent men to die for the sake of women and children back at home, then it is not too difficult a reality to wrap your head around, for most people that is.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Do you have children? How about parents?

Is it egotistical to know that either of my parents would give their lives for me? Is it egotistical for my children to know that I would give my life for them? Is it egotistical for my grandchild to know that her mother, grandparents and great-grandparents would give their lives for her? Or is knowing such things just being secure with unconditional love?

I have no argument on what you wrote.

Those wise words all would agree with.

Have you noted that God does not agree with you as he sent his son to die instead of doing as you and I would do?

If we maintain our position then we basically break the first commandment and would put our views ahead of God's.

One attaboy/girl for both of us for rejecting God's poor and immoral example.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12

its a legal question you pose
and i dont feel you do it cause you want to Accuse.

see
this present physical frame is a such Poor one
..incredible.

Dont think, that it is this frame that God created.
He didnt.

- after the Fall, the gorgious beings of adam and eve somehow 'slipped ' into this frame
[ it may be, that the 'human kind of frame ' is some Template... used and to be manipulated by extraterrestials...aka demons.. Whatever the real truth in that: this physical frame is human souls PRISON ]

and the hub here
its Satans prison

Now,
if you were you,
hów you d Get Out a soul from this human physical [ by satan owned] prison - LEGALLY ?

thats right
- by 'standing in that souls place ' .

to Undo this horrible limited physical frame.

- i hope i make sense.

Not to me. Try to answer the actual question and you might.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

I dont know if its "egotistical", I just think its a bizarre spin on a brutal murder (assuming that the Bible is a historical record).

Jesus was viewed as a troublemaker who threatened the status-quo, so they had Him tortured and killed.

edit on 31-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

That is the dogma yes.

It still has Christians trying to profit from murder, human sacrifice and the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

i get your point....
but for the sake of perception,,,

what if god would die for himself?
self sacrifice is an amazing deed,,,,

everyone reading this can sometimes think-or try to "self sacrifice", in order to elevate the self,,,,
not necessarily for somebody else...
just a thought...

Then we would have to dither out how one can sacrifice himself to himself. No loss or gain in such a transaction means that there is no sacrifice at all.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Ummmmmmmmmm I'm not religious

But to my understanding of Jesus that was kinda the whole point. There was apparently a resurrection, and I don't remember god demanding Jesus' death

I thought it was a kinda preplanned voluntary thing.

Jesus could have run away but chose to embrace his beliefs (much respect)
And isn't it quoted as " Forgive them father they know not what they have done" ?

So where's the ransom ?

Cody

If we are to believe the quotes then, ----- why have you forsaken me.

As to Jesus and his choice. ----- My Father who sent me.

As to the when of the decision. Even before God created the conditions for sin. That is what increases the insanity of the myth.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join