It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border-State Gun Dealers Must Report Sales, Court Rules

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by Hopechest

Obama said that he would go around congress.
Obama is like the head of the UN security council.
Its pretty too late. Were going into a civil war.

We are not going to Civil War.

Most of the people in the country don't even know what half the major issues facing this nation are. They certainly are not motivated enough to pick up arms.

There is not one single issue big enough to get enough people upset to force a change through direct conflict.

Try and name one and I will show you.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Yes we are about to go into a civil war and Ill explain why.

If you read the constitution (not the bill of rights) there are checks and balances. One is that the president or the senate can not go around congress to get their way.

Two, the President has become a member of the UN body council which is a foreign occupation on American soil.

Three, he has tried vigorously to destroy the second amendment and the first.

Finally he can not even prove his own citizenship...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yes we are about to go into a civil war and Ill explain why.

If you read the constitution (not the bill of rights) there are checks and balances. One is that the president or the senate can not go around congress to get their way.

Two, the President has become a member of the UN body council which is a foreign occupation on American soil.

Three, he has tried vigorously to destroy the second amendment and the first.

Finally he can not even prove his own citizenship...

You make this almost too easy.

You do know the Senate is part of Congress so how are they going around themselves. Secondly, the President has not gone around Congress...ever....if Congress chooses not to hold him accountable for something that is their fault for not caring, its not the systems fault.

And do you actually have an example of the President going around Congress. About the only thing I can think of is making appointments when Congress is not in session, which is covered in the Constitution by the way. Some Presidents push the grey area here but Congress could easily shut it down with a simply passed law.

For your second point could you please point out where the foreign occupation troops are stationed? I would like to go take a picture of them. lol

Obama has avoided the second amendment debate vigorously until it was forced on him. How many times in his first term did he actually even mention gun control?

It wasn't until the Sandy Hook shooting, where his base of voters demanded action that he actually even took a stance on it. He realizes that he must pick a side because mid-term elections are coming up and he needs his people to retain or gain seats to further his true agenda of wealth-redistribution. On a side note, he also does not care about gay-marriage and never really addressed this issue until Biden opened his mouth about what side they fall in. Obama does not care about anything to do with the second amendment other than how many voters it pleases.

Not even going to address your birther argument.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

The people will hold him accountable.

Thats why theres going to be a civil war.

Obama is not above the law. He is far below it. In fact he doesn't believe in laws.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Looks like the illegal UN sponsored gun confiscation program is about to begin.

Proof please. What 'illegal UN sponsored gun confiscation program' are you talking about?
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

One only has to look at history to look at yours as a desperate attempt to pity a man who wants everything.

You deserve no response. Read a history book.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

The people will hold him accountable.

Thats why theres going to be a civil war.

Obama is not above the law. He is far below it. In fact he doesn't believe in laws.

The people may very well hold him accountable but your missing a very large and important point.

As long as the people have a course of action to take that is non-violent they will resort to that first. Civil War only happens when there is no other recourse available.

As far as I know, Congress has not gotten rid of the 22nd amendment and Obama has not declared himself king, the impeachment process is still in place....so why do you believe people would not try these less violent methods first?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

One only has to look at history to look at yours as a desperate attempt to pity a man who wants everything.

You deserve no response. Read a history book.

So that'll be a 'No', then.

OK.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I am not a violent person. Of course.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I am not a violent person. Of course.

My apologies, I did not intend to imply that you were.

I am only debating in a general sense.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Dont blame me if you are the poster girl for the face palm of history. Get a life.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

this is dumb hopes chest because you are avoiding the topic and trying to persuade the intent of my thread which was just information.

What is your point please?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
In your OP you said they are circumventing states rights and I replied that they are not.

Direct response to your accusation. I also responded to another poster, who going off your OP, stated that they were going to confiscate guns.

I said they were not.

Very relevant. Perhaps you would like to discuss the topic you posted?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Yes, in fact the state of Texas and many others have refused this type of treatment from the federal government.

Instead of targeting so called terrorists they have now turned the microscope on their own people. People that mind their own business and work for a living. If there was a homegrown terrorist threat, might the FEDS mind their own business for a change and quit interrupting innocent peoples lives?

You're really starting to piss me off.

Excuse me I have to go clean up a mess.
edit on 1-6-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Yes, in fact the state of Texas and many others have refused this type of treatment from the federal government.

Instead of targeting so called terrorists they have now turned the microscope on their own people. People that mind their own business and work for a living. If there was a homegrown terrorist threat, might the FEDS mind their own business for a change and quit interrupting innocent peoples lives?

You're really starting to piss me off.

Excuse me I have to go clean up a mess.
edit on 1-6-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

I know, it happens when I interject logic into a thread.

The feds laws are made by Congress which has the Senate which represents the States. How exactly is a law made by them contrary to what the States want again?

After all, it was the States population that elected that Senator that voted to pass the law that made this possible.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I really dont think this has anything do do with the congressmen or the senator.

Perhaps you should stop smoking the twinkles.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

goodbye hopeschest.

Just go to sleep like everybody else who didnt read this thread or wasnt aware of the # thats about to happen.

I wont hold it against you...and I won't stand up for you either.

Whats mine is mine...whats yours is yours.
Goodnight.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I really dont think this has anything do do with the congressmen or the senator.

Perhaps you should stop smoking the twinkles.

Haha...very good advice.

There really is nothing wrong or illegal with this however. The federal government obviously has more resources and as someone who lives in a border state I can say that this is a problem that should be dealt with.

I'm sure we could agree on many policy implementations that are bad or what have you but unless you have a better suggestion I'd say we roll with it.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Well that would make you no better than any other idiot running into a forest fire.

May your chains rest lightly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join