Border-State Gun Dealers Must Report Sales, Court Rules

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Border-State Gun Dealers Must Report Sales, Court Rules

stream.wsj.com

The U.S. government can require gun dealers in border states to disclose records of certain firearm sales, a federal appeals court has ruled, upholding a key component of the government’s recent crackdown on illegal gun trafficking. The ruling on Friday, by a unanimous three-judge panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit [...]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is crazy. All the gun control laws have been shot down for the most apart aside from certain gun control happy states. Now they want to go ahead and circumvent states rights and require gun dealers to disclose records on certain people of interest.

I am sure they are just curious what type of long rifle people are purchasing.

Locked and loaded people. Looks like the illegal UN sponsored gun confiscation program is about to begin.

stream.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

God help us if they try to implement the UN's gun control plan in the USA.

It might work in NY, California, Illinois and a handful of 'liberal' states but it won't work in the gun loving south and the mid-west.

I pray it won't happen but if it does I know what side I stand on.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

It reminds me of that scene in Red Dawn where the Ruskies are ordered to go around to all the firearms dealers and confiscate their records. This is just insane.

You want to stop illegal trafficking, then just arrest Eric Holder.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Expect a fight over this one. Its not over.

Bet you that Ron Paul is fuming. One of his biggest issues is the creation of law based on court rulings.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Literally.

The first time they try this in a gun store in Texas there will be a fight for sure. Im sure Arizona feels the same way.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Wait a second.
Aren't all gun sales reported already?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I believe this only applies to multiple sales within a few days to an individual.

www.ktvl.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A federal appeals court panel Friday unanimously upheld an Obama administration requirement that dealers in southwestern border states report when customers buy multiple high-powered rifles.

The requirement, issued in what is known as a demand letter, compels those sellers to report to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives when anyone buys - within a five-day period - two or more semi-automatic weapons capable of accepting a detachable magazine and with a caliber greater than .22.

This has gone on for a few years now to. Here's what the form looks like.

I believe they also require the same form for multiple handgun sales within 5 days to, and that applies all over the country.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Background checks are, so the FBI has a record that you bought a firearm, other than that all they know is wether you bought a long gun or handgun. The only one who has a record of what specific type of firearm you purchased is the dealer.

This is the beginning of a gun confiscation program plain and simple.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Well there was no way to enforce that. Sure theres a form. But legally states did not have to comply. But yeah its for multiple purchases within 5 days but Im sure they will try to take it a step further.

I am not an expert on this subject however, thats just how I understand it.
edit on 31-5-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I remember that movie, too. A chilling scene, indeed.

I also find it interesting that there seems to be all this focus and concern about controlling and regulating the day to day of us ordinary citizens, yet there is nothing being done about all the corruption taking place on the inside. No arrests, not a whole lot of accountability being claimed, and next to no transparency at all.

Sends a pretty clear message to me anyways where the priorities lie.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

Lets not forget about how DOD authorized a SWAT raid on Gibson guitar manufacturer over wood imported from India. Thats where I see this headed. If a firearms dealer refuses to turn over their records, they will simply get SWAT'ed and records confiscated.

Quite an annoying precedent they have set.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The government is determined to remove all guns from the population. The constitution is preventing the rapid introduction of this policy. But, slowly, bit by bit, step by step, they come in from all sides, and all angles, to impose more and more restrictions until...the law says you can have a gun...but the other laws prevent you from finding a gun to buy...or acquiring the materials to make your own gun.

There's nothing in the constitution that prevents the government from restricting access to all the materials and components that are used to make a gun.

The relevant analogy is the story of Shylock, who was owed a pound of flesh, and the court ruling that, yes, he can have his pound of flesh, but spill not a drop of blood, for the contract said nothing about being entitled to spill blood!

This is exactly what the government is doing.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

I think they are using a different approach, but this would be speculation of course. However you remember the military drills in Houston and Florida? They were training to confiscate firearms. Where are the MRAP's? El Paso Texas. Connect the dots.

While many states in the north are without reasonable gun laws, they may be planning some sort of action in the southern states but mostly just Texas as thats where everyone seems to know most of the guns are. So they will keep everyone else in the north busy with paying bills, working and living life and firearms restrictions of course, while there is a foreign occupation in Texas, that way they can concentrate their force where the resistance is strong.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I also forgot to mention that the UN small arms treaty was passed and Obama is expected to sign and it will be ratified on June 3rd. THATS MONDAY! This country could very well change for the worst in a matter of days.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Aren't all gun sales reported already?

No because the NRA terrorists and gun manufacturers always block any kind of gun bill- even though it is preventing crimes from being solved they don't care.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Aren't all gun sales reported already? -- yes, they are

No because the NRA terrorists and gun manufacturers always block any kind of gun bill- even though it is preventing crimes from being solved they don't care.
how is the NRA preventing/blocking the arrest of the biggest gun trafficker ever ... Eric Holder ??

and, since Holder claims the 'tracking systems work', why hasn't he proven it, yet ???

has he or his flunkies located the weapon(s) that killed the border agents ??
no ? well, why not ?
i'm pretty sure the NRA has nothing to do with Holder's repeated failures.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Aren't all gun sales reported already? -- yes, they are

Look I know what youre getting at, but why did you feel the need to color in words that werent said?

Yes they do know or probably should know what kind of firearms people are purchasing, by the minute details. They one know your social security number or name, two they can track you using all sorts of methods and also figure out the price you paid which is indicative about the firearm you purchased.

These people are not stupid.

However, the ones that do the dirty work are pretty much stupid. Just look at the post above yours for proof. These people suffer low IQ scores and if you need any more proof of that just go to any airport in America and observe the TSA agents. Or just admire the poster above you's Obama avatar.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by grey580

Background checks are, so the FBI has a record that you bought a firearm, other than that all they know is wether you bought a long gun or handgun. The only one who has a record of what specific type of firearm you purchased is the dealer.

This is the beginning of a gun confiscation program plain and simple.

Total gun confiscation simply is not possible.

And the feds are not circumventing states rights, gun regulation falls directly under the control of Congress.

If they want it that is.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Obama said that he would go around congress.
Obama is like the head of the UN security council.
Its pretty too late. Were going into a civil war.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join