It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administartion CUTS HOT MEALS for Troops serving in Afghanistan!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

There has been no cut. I've even quoted the DoD on this.

BTW..............

The DOJ article release is from Jan. 10, 2013...

You stated it like its factual and current..........

I see no difference with Fox News using an over bloated eye catching headline, and someone claiming a six month article as current........

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by KyrieEleison

I'm not honestly sure what is misleading about the headline? It's nearly word for word to what is running around the world and within military news services right now?

As mentioned somewhere on an earlier page, I did a thread on this topic when it was the Army being short changed on their hot breakfasts for many of the same B.S. reasons. "budgets"...."Draw-down preparation"...."no need"... "Troops don't care anyway"... Yeah, I heard and read all that then, too and the Army wasn't as verbally clear about it. The Marines, God Bless 'em, don't mince words and are pretty outright about it.

In a Pentagon spending over half a TRILLION dollars a year....our cuts should be to a hot breakfast for fighting men, deployed 10+ thousand miles from home? Yeah...What moron thought that was a great place to start? Oh.. Er... Mr President...

No one in the Army or Marine Corps is going to starve. No one is going to be malnourished. However, if we've gotten to the point where comfort for those we're asking to fight and die in our name is measured that way? lets bring them home, cash them out and disband the military entirely. We don't deserve one with the level of people we have serving in it now. They're better than this...and it wasn't even adding something. It was just not TAKING something that already existed.

so can you provide proof that Obama took his pen and signed the order?

Also, can you prove that Obama is even aware of these cuts?

Most of these types of decisions are not micromanaged by the president, and I think it is manipulative to make it seem as if these were decisions made by Obama. Do you actually think Obama stayed up in bed plotting the closure of food service venues???

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This thread is a joke.It's been debunked 7 pages ago.All I see is a lot of ODS"Obama derangement syndrome"

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
No. The Obama Administration is not taking away hot meals from troops.

Our forces are leaving theater and returning home. The cooks are the first to get on the plane, not the infantry. The support guys always go home first. No cooks=fewer hot meals.

When I was in Iraq in 2003 we never had more than 2 hot meals in a day. And one was just hot egg loaf for breakfast. Anything else we ate came from MRE's. Where was the outrage then? Marines are used to crappy food. The president is not trying to starve our troops. This is how it always happens.

Don't Panic.

Yes, but then "they" have one less reason to gripe about obummer.... and we can't have that. Must have maximum hate, all the time, because their megacorp-coddling favorite didn't win the staged election this time.

Don't worry, obamahaters-- I'm sure we'll have another conservative version of the american puppet dictator soon enough-- you just have to understand; bush almost started a damn revolution-- so they knew they needed a more laid-back, more charming puppet this time around.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading. the very title is a clue. I would use FOX for news, as I would use home shopping network for news.

Yeah its Fox News so it MUST be a lie...really?
How about you do a google search and see for yourself.

Better yet here you go www.mrconservative.com... and patriotupdate.com... I guess there all liars.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hamburgerler

You know that saying about where the buck stops? It has something to do with that Commander and Chief title. Now a lot of people seem very very anxious to point out how Obama is blameless yet again (is the man responsible for ANYTHING that happens in this nation?) Yet in this case? as I stated.....If he didn't know about it in advance, he can fix it in hindsight. He failed to with the Army and so no good reason exists to think he'll care either way about U.S. Marines. After all, they are simply errand boys to hold his umbrella.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You know that saying about where the buck stops? It has something to do with that Commander and Chief title. Now a lot of people seem very very anxious to point out how Obama is blameless yet again (is the man responsible for ANYTHING that happens in this nation?) Yet in this case? as I stated.....If he didn't know about it in advance, he can fix it in hindsight. He failed to with the Army and so no good reason exists to think he'll care either way about U.S. Marines. After all, they are simply errand boys to hold his umbrella.

Could it be the fact that OTHER people blame EVERYTHING on Obama???

If you care to notice, the majority of political based threads on this website are threads dedicated to trashing the president. From my vantage point it seems as if trashing Obama has become a national pass-time.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading. the very title is a clue. I would use FOX for news, as I would use home shopping network for news.

Better yet here you go www.mrconservative.com... and patriotupdate.com... I guess there all liars.

It MUST be so hard for blogger to watch Fox, and then type a summary of what they've heard on their blog!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well, you've been here all of a couple days..( Or have you?
) and I'd guess you haven't seen a good portion of the give and take from the left. It was far more pronounced last year but depending on who is on and what topics are running, it's still a real mix as to right or left dominance for any given moment in topic runs, IMO.

Now I would not blame Obama for the troops being treated like crap if he were...say....the Vice President or something. He is the President though. There are 3 people who run this nation, for the most part. Only 3. The Leader of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the U.S. House and the head of the Executive Branch. That would be Obama.

I'd blame Congress...but, see, again, we haven't HAD a budget since Obama took office and he seems just fine with that situation ...since he hasn't used the power he has to resolve it. Therefore, he owns the baby...good or bad, boy or girl. When it comes to areas of the Federal Government which fall directly under Executive Branch Control, it's Obama's to own. Period.

The Military is squarely and 100% under Executive Branch Control. It's not as much a personal thing as it is a cold question of chain of command. Obama is at the top of it. No one else. Just him. Secretary of Defense is next...and he's the direct subordinate of Obama, as a personal employee. So....Who else would I take issue with if I am looking to the top? God is a little above such things, I'm guessing.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I bet everyone that's made at Obama about this are the same people constantly demanding that the government stop spending money.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
This just makes me sick to Stomach, how could they do this to our troops!
Make cuts som place else!

The USA is broke, trillions in debt, and they need to pay for the FSA's bullets somehow.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
so, the troops get 2 meals per day while all the prisoners here and abroad get 3 meals per day ??
i'd guess comforting the enemy is getting to be standard procedure for this administration.
Impeachment anyone ??

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Oh heck, they just spent $750,000 to put a Soccer Field in for the prisoners at Gitmo. That was just completed last year, in fact. The money seems to exist where some figure it's most important, anyway.

Gitmo Soccer Field
edit on 1-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

not that i'm surprised but what does exercise have to do with 'nourishment' anyway ??

since prisoners get more 'nourishment' than our soldiers do, perhaps the soccer field is nothing more than additional aid and comfort delivered to our enemies ??

last i checked, treason is still an impeachable offense.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
welll I remember One Hot meal a day in the Field if that the Rest its MRES!!!

Guess What Folks !! Some MREs !! Come with !! Flameless Heaters

Marines can live off MREs well I did ...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I was in the army for 8 years and just got out 4 years ago and I went to Iraq! I just asked a couple people from my old unit which are currently in Afghanistan and asked them about this post (which I saw on facebook yesterday as well) and they said that its not true!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Obama would have had nothing to do with German food contracts already done and dusted.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

So a supermoderator put this thread straight on the first page, i.e. this "cutback" has to do with troop and logistics withdrawals for the drawdown of forces there, the cutback is just in hot meals -- the troops are still getting MRE's -- and troops had it this rough back during Operation Desert Shield under Bush I, and at least one former military person has checked with their buddies still on duty, who have said even this cutback hasn't happened. YET the thread goes on for 9 pages with outcry from people who evidently bother to read the posts on the first page before registering their indignation.

And, oh boy, the troops aren't getting a hot meal for one of their meals each day. I brought a sack lunch, which often did not include soup when I was a kid. I guess my mother was as horrible as Obama and Chuck Hagel are on this matter. Boo-hoo, the Marines have to eat MRE's for a meal a day. The horror.

To you folks that like to complain about everything Obama supposedly does or is responsible for:

Yes, he does a number of illegal and unconstitutional things as well as protect criminals from prosecution. So complain about those things, instead of making uninformed rants about matters you don't have the facts on. Of course, the fact that you can't get the facts straight on this simple matter strongly suggests that you are incapable of critical reasoning and/or too lazy to read to understand actual matters that Obama is guilty of.

And, as usual, this thread is based on a hyped-up story from Fox news -- like I am surprised.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Well it was a lie. Obama had nothing to do with it....
It's articles like this that most sane people take Fox News with a grain of salt, and thoroughly read their articles, and find outside sources.
Their title is a straight up lie.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well if they were back home I am betting there is a whole lot of us who would serve them a hot meal...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join