It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administartion CUTS HOT MEALS for Troops serving in Afghanistan!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

These guys are being shipped out and their bases are being closed. That doesn't sound like active duty to me.

Using ANY excuse, hey?

"This boils my skin. One of my entire shifts will go 6.5 hours without a meal. If we need to cut back on money I could come up with 100 other places,” one Leatherneck-based Marine wrote in an email this week to his wife and shared with NBC News.

The base, which is located in Afghanistan’s southwestern Helmand Province, flanked by Iran and Pakistan, also will remove its 24-hour sandwich bar.

Sounds "ACTIVE" to me.........

You know absolutely nothing about me. This entire comment is irrelevant.

Highly relevant.

You "claimed" that your family is 3 generations served. So what point were you using that as?
Seems you wanted to make a point that you "know" what soldiers need and don't need.

Obviously its clear you don't know.

“MREs are an alternative for when you can’t get to healthy food. They're supposed to be for desperation,” said Babette Maxwell, founder and executive director of Military Spouse Magazine, the wife of a Navy pilot and an advocate for service members and their families. “These guys have six to nine months left on their deployment. These are highly athletic and highly physical people, toting guns, not working any less now than before — and not working out any less either. Now, they’re short a meal and they don’t have any healthy alternatives.”

Obama has nothing to do with this. It's not his decision. It's from the DoD.

Check the chain of Command......

Under the President, who is also Commander in Chief, the Secretary of Defense exercises authority, direction, and control over the Department, which includes the separately organized military departments of Army, Navy, and Air Force, the Joint Chiefs of Staff providing military advice, the unified and specified combatant commands, and various defense agencies established for specific purposes.

Department of Defense

No meals have been cut. You're ignoring the facts.

Marines at Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan will lose a key daily meal starting Saturday, causing some to forgo a hot breakfast and others to work six-plus hours without refueling on cooked food, according to Marines at the base and Marine Corps officials.

The drawdown diet: Marines steamed by loss of hot meal at Afghanistan base

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

May the Destroyer-in-Chief eat cold oatmeal exclusively the rest of his public life.

May all ex military and other patriots spit near his feet whenever he gets within 12 feet of them.

May he lose sleep with nightmares of dying of starvation.

May he feel nothing but loathing from all patriots and genuine American citizens whenever he appears in public.

What a Z # last jerk.

edit on 1/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: wording

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Eight pages of dragging out something that was settled on the very first page is the o-nly o-bummer I can see.

"Fake" is perhaps a bit strong for that headline but it is certainly disingenuous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the current administration, but this isn't the droid you're looking for.

Thanks to all the other members who stuck it out and did the deeper digging.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

I'm not honestly sure what is misleading about the headline? It's nearly word for word to what is running around the world and within military news services right now?

As mentioned somewhere on an earlier page, I did a thread on this topic when it was the Army being short changed on their hot breakfasts for many of the same B.S. reasons. "budgets"...."Draw-down preparation"...."no need"... "Troops don't care anyway"... Yeah, I heard and read all that then, too and the Army wasn't as verbally clear about it. The Marines, God Bless 'em, don't mince words and are pretty outright about it.

In a Pentagon spending over half a TRILLION dollars a year....our cuts should be to a hot breakfast for fighting men, deployed 10+ thousand miles from home? Yeah...What moron thought that was a great place to start? Oh.. Er... Mr President...

No one in the Army or Marine Corps is going to starve. No one is going to be malnourished. However, if we've gotten to the point where comfort for those we're asking to fight and die in our name is measured that way? lets bring them home, cash them out and disband the military entirely. We don't deserve one with the level of people we have serving in it now. They're better than this...and it wasn't even adding something. It was just not TAKING something that already existed.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is really worrysome. Troops in Afghanistan are killing themselves because they had enough with constantly doin tours there. Suicide is on the rise among the ranks. They have to face constant combat while also worrying about suicide bombers on their own bases!

USN submariners are underwater for months at a time in a tin can, a tight, no room having tin can. So submariners are given the best food available to keep morale up. Morale is kind of a big deal when you're under a lot of stress.

But DC is cutting hot meals for soldiers in a combat zone....

edit on 1-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Support personnel always get shipped out before security personnel. It even says that in the article.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Really?

I take headlines like this with a grain of salt because of sensationalism but if this proves to be true, all I got to say watch out Barry!

One thing I think we can call agree on(at least those who have served in the military) is Obama is a very poor Commander in Chief!
god you hit that on the head !!!!!! i was lucky i had reagan as my commander in chief

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading. the very title is a clue. I would use FOX for news, as I would use home shopping network for news.

(facepalm)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
S-E-Q-U-E-S-T-R-A-T-I-O-N

It's all the Republicans fault. A 10% cut in the military's 'non-combat' budget has unexpected little consequences, doesn't it?

At least the Department of Agriculture can make sure that millions of kids can get a FREE HOT BREAKFAST in democrat house districts this summer. While school is out. And regardless of the family's financial need.

Soldiers need at least 3000 calories per day; probably closer to 5000 if they are hiking, carrying loaded Alice Packs or constructing things outside an air-conditioned Stryker. A hot, carb-and-protein heavy breakfast is more than a morale question; it effects their energy level for the first half of the day.

I suspect that soldiers who have had a hot meal are probably more boisterous; maybe even more aggressive.

This could be a plan by the suits at the pentagram, to keep the soldiers from aggressing too much. After all, we don't want our soldiers killing too many civilians.

We save the civilian targets for the drones.

Drones don't need a hot breakfast, to wipe out a village.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The irony, our government cutting on our soldiers food, so they can finance the 33+ countries around the world with aid, that most of them are nothing but anti American nations, let no forget the millions pledge to Syria rebels that are run by the Muslim brotherhood

We Americans should be so proud of the leaders that are given to us by the ones really running our nation behind the Presidential seat, they do not give two rat arses about America and neither the people in this nation.

We lost nation a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

How's this?
braley.house.gov...

or this?
talk.baltimoresun.com...

Maybe this?
www.newsmax.com...

Just because you don't like the messenger, don't ignore the message.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Over 50% of all Americans receive food stamps. I can tell you that even, able-bodied young men who are too lazy to work are eligible to receive a few hundred dollars in food stamps. Its' absolute BS!

I own a business and heard a few of the guys who started working and were earning $4k/month, did fraud and applied for food stamps. When I found out, I told them they would be in trouble as we report their earnings to the state on a quarterly report with their social security number. Guess what, nobody got in trouble. The food stamp and state quarterly wage paid report do not connect to each other, so fraud is easy.

Also, I'm in healthcare and what I can tell you is trying to throw dollars at someone with advanced alzheimer's or the very elderly is crazy. My mother-in-law had alzheimer's and was sent to the ER every single time she fell (but she never hurt herself). It was policy by the nursing home. The hospital would keep her there all day running one expensive test after another. WTF? And instead of providing the troops with decent food, they cut this vs. the million other areas.

America makes me sick! I wish I lived in another country!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Mark Levin opened his show today talking about how the government is now denying our military in Afghanistan hot meals, forcing them to eat MREs which are just prepackaged food. If that story isn’t bad enough, Mark then plays the audio of a story that he said made him drop his jaw when he saw it, especially in light of the previous story. It’s about an illegal alien who’s been mooching off of the American taxpayer for 20 years, and wants other people in her situation to know that they can get access to these programs as well.
While our troops are denied hot meals in Afghanistan, we bend over backwards to make sure that illegals have whatever they need, all on the taxpayer dime.

Listen to the whole clip because Levin’s commentary is excellent:

therightscoop.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I read the same arguments in those eight pages.

Even if this was some sort of logistical snafu, unless we have a copy of a directive handed down from the oval office the intent was to associate Obama with the bad deed. It's disingenuous.

I suppose if a Marine while out on PT got a blister it would be Obama's fault, too:

OBAMA ADMINISTRATION CAUSES MARINE TO GET BLISTER DURING PT!

This is what I have issue with, Wrabbit. As I said, and I hope I was clear, that I am in no way happy with or a cheerleader for this administration - in this case there is no need to conflate.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So the U.S. government can afford Relaxation, Sleep, and Forgiveness Lessons For Senate Members but not provide "hot" meals for our troops? LAME!

Where's COMMON SENSE these days?!!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

At this point, it's absolutely Obama's to own like his personal idea and for two reasons. First, he does have executive authority and prerogative..if he so desired...so FIX an issue like this. He doesn't write the budget but the discretion he has ...especially when it's been 5 long years since any budget formally existed in this nation ...is staggering. Oh, fix this he could.

More importantly though, the main thrust of funding problems at this point are sequester related. This is an idea HE thought up. He pushed onto Congress as some bright idea to force them to do something they never did anyway and then HE signed sequestration into law. His own White House people admit to this and I wrote a thread on that very thing with one of his aides reluctantly admitting that was the essential truth of the matter.

* Any doubts as to the power of a President for Military Policy can be stowed with one very simple example of what Truman did to desegregate the entire U.S. Armed Forces with a single executive order. What Obama breaks, he buys. What he fails to FIX ...he owns. I'll also be happy to give him credit when it's due. That's just a rare thing with this one, IMO.

Oh, another point... They keep babbling public statements about withdrawing troops ...when the Commander for all US Forces: Afghanistan is sitting in front of Congress telling them a base United States combat/advisory force of 10,000+ WILL be on bases in Afghanistan well beyond 2014. So..it's all games, it would seem. Our men in the field are the only losers in the end.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

god have mercy; you are correct. but aside from your assessment, the bigger point is that over 30k us troops will be leaving the area, and this means a logical reduction of support and logistical tack. civilian support has to leave first. not a huge fan of the potus, but he is not responsible for the proper reduction of troop strength which must coincide with the logical reduction of civil support staff. this is the way to remove military presence.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit, I do not expect the POTUS to micromanage affairs such as this which are best left to our military professionals.

If Obama handed down the order, then bad on him and it would be disgusting.

It doesn't sound like it was, and personally, I would adhere to the chain of command if I had such a big problem with it.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Obama will make good uses of this.

as people get angry
He will say HE will Save the day,
and get the hot meals back.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

'Your views are different to mine therefore I have arbitrarily decided that you don't really want to learn about conspiracies, or the arguments against them.'

Nope. I'm simply asking you to "debunk" or pose a counter argument in your point of view of how the Illuminati doesn't exist.

Really simple actually.

Still no comment on the bush photo? I checked my inbox and I've only seen two replies from you, this one and the Rothschild quote.

Are you referring to this post? www.abovetopsecret.com...

???

It's easier if you can actually hit the reply button that way I can your reply through my inbox.

So again, please debunk the Illuminati conspiracy.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join