It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administartion CUTS HOT MEALS for Troops serving in Afghanistan!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
It’s still Obama’s fault.

What's Obama's fault? Please be specific and provide evidence.

It has already been demonstrated that the troops' meals have not been cut, and the change in rations is standard practice. This is not a problem, it has nothing to do with Obama, and it is certainly not 'his fault.'

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Everything that happens!

If you want specifics we can start here:

Let’s not forget Benghazi; dead American’s.

MRE’s instead of a hot meal in the field.

ALL OF IT!

I know it doesn’t mean crap to someone who has never made a sacrifice but a hot meal goes a long way when you actually do work.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by TDawgRex

During the Clinton years, we were told to drive it, shoot it, etc, until it broke. THEN, we'll fix it. Not before it was needed, but after.

Well, I started during the Clinton years (96’) so I guess all I’ve ever known is doing without; guess I missed the glory days when we had everything (isn’t that always the story?).

I never lacked what I needed.

So much for being pampered as eManym suggested of today's troops. Funny how every generation thinks they had it worse. Do you know what 112 degrees in MOP Level 4 for a week feels like, eManym?

Let's put the pissing contest aside and look at the situation at hand. Under this POTUS's watch we have meals being cut and altered. We have troops in small numbers left in hostile areas while the country closes the book. Anyone who thinks this POTUS has the best interest of our troops in mind (Benghazi) is a moron IMO.

edit on 31-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

My friend, I have no problem putting the pissing contest aside, lets agree that this decision was made far below the POTUS level, and that the OP and his title were less than honest. While I do not think our POTUS has the interest of his troops at the top of the list, I do not think he is ignoring them, and especially think he would not want them to go hungry. He may not be the ONE, but I do not believe he wants anyone but "Tea Partiers" to suffer.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I do not believe he wants anyone but "Tea Partiers" to suffer.

FINALLY!!

Something we agree on in your post! I was hoping something would show up in the end.

He cares so much he doesn’t even want the military to vote.

I love the guy....I really do!

edit on 31-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

My friend, I have no problem putting the pissing contest aside, lets agree that this decision was made far below the POTUS level, and that the OP and his title were less than honest. While I do not think our POTUS has the interest of his troops at the top of the list, I do not think he is ignoring them, and especially think he would not want them to go hungry. He may not be the ONE, but I do not believe he wants anyone but "Tea Partiers" to suffer.

The thing that strikes me about Obama (and I don't think that he had anything to do with this decision) is that he thinks, " How can I work this to my advantage?" Just like any other politician.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

Everything that happens!

If you want specifics we can start here:

Let’s not forget Benghazi; dead American’s.

MRE’s instead of a hot meal in the field.

ALL OF IT!

OK, so no actual proof then. Just partisan bitching and a persistent refusal to acknowledge the facts.

I know it doesn’t mean crap to someone who has never made a sacrifice but a hot meal goes a long way when you actually do work.

You have no idea about who I am or what my life has involved, so you're in no position to tell me I've never made a sacrifice. For the record, I come from a military family with three generations of military service.

'When you do actually work'? Thanks, I've reported that to the mods.
edit on 31/5/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

reply to post by BubbaJoe

I do not believe he wants anyone but "Tea Partiers" to suffer.

FINALLY!!

Something we agree on in your post! I was hoping something would show up in the end.

He cars so much he doesn’t even want the military to vote.

I love the guy....I really do!

LOL, regardless we have both been there. and I know I had you laughing with that one. I am seriously concerned about how some of this "SCANDAL" stuff is going to turn out. Like most stuff at the top, I am not sure they will make anything stick to Obama, just like nothing stuck to Reagan. If the Republicans have a chance in 2014 and 16, they have to get off the social issues, and shut their evangelical members up. All of the anti woman, anti gay, anti immigrant stuff is going to piss off the middle. If the Republicans do it for another election cycle, they are finished IMO.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

OK, so no actual proof then. Just partisan bitching and a persistent refusal to acknowledge the facts.

I’ve provided proof! Did you miss the Wheel of Misfortune?

You also quoted some proof. Let me refresh your memory:

Instead of a hot, prepared breakfast, service members at those bases receive packaged meals known as “meals, ready-to-eat,” or MREs. This streamlines the logistics for these closing bases, officials explained.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sounds like cutting corners at the expense of the people who provide freedom!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

The thing that strikes me about Obama (and I don't think that he had anything to do with this decision) is that he thinks, " How can I work this to my advantage?" Just like any other politician.

If you are talking about the meals for the troops, other than ordering it to continue and make it truly public, I don't think there is anything he can do, this decision wasn't made at his level. He might order it changed, and that would be public, but I think in the end, that would be even a worse mistake. People like the OP and his misleading headline (Fox News) hate the guy, he can do nothing right, even if he does they will spin it the other direction. I say screw right/left, dem/repub, and would encourage every american to use some common sense, unfortunately it seems to only exist in small amounts.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

Instead of a hot, prepared breakfast, service members at those bases receive packaged meals known as “meals, ready-to-eat,” or MREs. This streamlines the logistics for these closing bases, officials explained.

I honestly have to admit, being AF and teaching in a DOD school, C shift from 3p - 12 a, if they would have cut mid rats, I would have been f'n pissed. And this was in a time of peace in our country.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

For the record, I come from a military family with three generations of military service.

If you did, you would know what a "HOT MEAL" meant to the average serviceman. Especially those who are in the line of fire daily.

Personally, this is just another Obama whiff. You want a list, but I'm afraid if some one gives it to you, you would find some reason to shrug your shoulders. MHO

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If the Republicans have a chance in 2014 and 16, they have to get off the social issues, and shut their evangelical members up. All of the anti woman, anti gay, anti immigrant stuff is going to piss off the middle. If the Republicans do it for another election cycle, they are finished IMO.

I totally agree with this. Speaking as a conservative, I was shocked by the weakness of the Republican campaign.

Mitt Romney is a raving liberal who flip-flops on policy faster than you can blink, and Paul Ryan is a fiscal incompetent who has consistently voted to increase deficits and government spending.

Romney had no political experience whatsoever and was therefore totally unqualified for POTUS, while Ryan is an anti-libertarian shill for big government and the erosion of civil rights.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

That wasn't proof of anything. It was just a long list of unsubstantiated accusations positioned around a picture of Obama.

No, it's not. Firstly, these guys aren't providing freedom for anyone. Secondly, their bases are being closed (it even says this in the paragraph you quoted). Thirdly, nobody's cutting corners. Fourthly, the reason for the meal change is explained in the article. You're still ignoring the facts. This is dishonest.

Originally posted by sonnny1
If you did, you would know what a "HOT MEAL" meant to the average serviceman. Especially those who are in the line of fire daily.

I do, and you're still missing the point. The guys receiving MREs instead of hot breakfasts are being shipped out and their bases are closing. They're not 'in the line of fire daily.'

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

I do, and you're still missing the point. The guys receiving MREs instead of hot breakfasts are being shipped out and their bases are closing. They're not 'in the line of fire daily.

I'm not missing ANY Point.

You're not there to KNOW if they are in the line of fire, first of all.

Second, You obviously know nothing about the Military and what a warm meal does for a soldier. Even one that HAS been in the line of fire, and is going home. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but its the truth.

Third, Obama can spend MILLIONS on himself and his family, and eat a warm breakfast daily. I find this man to be a hypocrite and callous. I am sure he can find the money to spare for a hot meal, if he really cared, don't you?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That can't be. Those guys have cooks that prepare meals it's not like they have it delivered.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
They should take away every one of Obama's meals for this!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I can believe it. Virtually all his actions regarding the military are negative. He's stated from the start that he didn't trust the military, and wanted a civilian "security force". TONS of long-time military people are leaving the service because of all the changes (including my guy), and many that were considering a military career have decided against it now. Cutting meals is just another way of showing his contempt and hatred for out service men and women.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
You're not there to KNOW if they are in the line of fire, first of all.

These guys are being shipped out and their bases are being closed. That doesn't sound like active duty to me.

Second, You obviously know nothing about the Military and what a warm meal does for a soldier. Even one that HAS been in the line of fire, and is going home. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but its the truth.

You know absolutely nothing about me. This entire comment is irrelevant.

Third, Obama can spend MILLIONS on himself and his family, and eat a warm breakfast daily. I find this man to be a hypocrite and callous. I am sure he can find the money to spare for a hot meal, if he really cared, don't you?

Obama has nothing to do with this. It's not his decision. It's from the DoD.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I can believe it. Virtually all his actions regarding the military are negative.

Obama has nothing to do with this, and your statement that 'virtually all his actions regarding the military are negative' is untrue.

Cutting meals is just another way of showing his contempt and hatred for out service men and women.

No meals have been cut. You're ignoring the facts.
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Exactly, only reason its still kicking because ... Its just another day in republican filled ATS.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join