It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administartion CUTS HOT MEALS for Troops serving in Afghanistan!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I'm not surprised that they did so. Those news sources are the very ones that are very reluctant to say anything negative about Mr. Obama, unless it directly affects them.

They could very well be pro-Obama, but that does not detract from the fact they included the actual context in which the meals were being cut....in the title.

That is a only an attempt to insult those that don't prefer the same news sources that you do.

So the title was not made to get the actual readers of Fox material wound-up? You are actually positing that the title was made in "attempt to insult those that don't prefer the same news sources"?

You lost me there. I was not aware that Fox specifically pointed their article titles towards people that are very unlikely to read their material to begin with.

I disagree! Many of those responses indicate that there was absolutely NO interest in context. Their only interest was in "shooting the messenger", or bashing the title. You are one of them!

I agree. Many jumped on the source right off the bat. Conversely, it appears many may have responded to the title alone without looking into the actual context of the article. Therefore, my assertion is correct in that the Fox title is made in such a way to achieve such responses.

You didn't make an assessment. You only expressed a very highly biased opinion.

I believe that I laid out my specific reasoning for why I thought the title was misleading and amounts to nothing more than propaganda. I did not just jump on the bandwagon bashing Fox because I dislike their tactics.

I provided context with my argument.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's always funny to see people getting worked over the most mundane crap like "hot meals" while thousands of innocents are being killed.

Hell maybe with a hot meal the jarheads will be more inept to kill civilians.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This forum is hilarious.

The false claim of Obama cutting hot meals for the troops was immediately debunked by three different people on the first page of the thread, but that didn't stop several others coming along and accepting the lie while ignoring the facts.

No wonder conspiracy theories are so popular: there are just too many mindless drones out there who believe whatever they read on the internet and refuse to accept reality if it doesn't conform to their personal prejudices.
edit on 31/5/13 by Sankari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I remember swaggering into the galley before mid-watch, and there'd always be a stack of fresh sandwiches for mid-rats. I'd stuff a bunch into my foul-weather jacket, fill a spill-proof mug with hot coffee, swagger back to the berthing area, smoke a bowl, then report to the bridge for helm/lookout watch. Mid-rats, always hit the spot. It's hard to imagine standing a mid-watch, without mid-rats. Especially if you've got the munchies.

In reality, the government could careless about the well being of a grunt. Think about it, you're asked to do one of the most dangerous jobs imaginable, and on top of that you're treated like a total friggin' peon.

F.T.G.

edit on 31-5-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

This is surprising why?

When we know the troops get poisoned water.

We know troops that our blown up end up in the garbage.

We know conditions are so bad that more troops commit suicide than die in battle.

We know troops are deliberately allowed to die to perpetuate their wars.

We know troops are in Afghanistan ONLY to protect Opium fields.

We know what the men who send troops into war think about them.
“Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy.” - Henry Kissinger

So again why does this surprise you?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
OP – That is pretty disgraceful. I don’t doubt that it’s true.

How the hell can you say this when the lie has already been debunked at least three times? Your belief has no basis whatsoever. It is wrong. You are wrong.

This administration has a deep hatred for the military.

Proof please.

Originally posted by seasoul
In reality, the government could careless about the well being of a grunt.

Good grief, this one can't even spell or use proper grammar. Unbelievable. No wonder reading ATS is like watching a flock of mentally challenged sheep fighting over an imaginary grape.

Thankfully there are a few intelligent people, or this place would be a total write-off.
edit on 31/5/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
reply to post by TDawgRex

Lucky you...lasagna...the only MRE meal I have ever gotten my hands on is the awful and dreaded cheese omelet...never failed first or last...in the middle of the line somehow it was the only one I ever received...now I think that is a conspiracy !

Oh....You think you had it tough!

Kind of reminds me of this.

We used to get omelet T-Rats, minus eggs and cheese, just grease. And we were thankful!

To be truthful, I didn't mind the 'ol (and I do mean old) omlet MRE. Heat it up over my 'lil stove, add more cheese and crackers and the whole bottle of tabasco and you had a meal.

edit on 31-5-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

How the hell can you say this when the lie has already been debunked at least three times? Your belief has no basis whatsoever. It is wrong. You are wrong.

I suppose you think the IRS audits didn’t come from Obama either.

Oh, I think it's probably true because I know Obama’s disdain for this country and our troops. Being from Australia, do you even know the significance of this picture?

Good grief, this one can't even spell or use proper grammar. Unbelievable. No wonder reading ATS is like watching a flock of mentally challenged sheep fighting over an imaginary grape.

Thankfully there are a few intelligent people, or this place would be a total write-off.

You’re so nice, aren’t you? Be careful - your elitist mentality is showing through.

edit on 31-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Some of those dumb, stupid animals can hit a target from over a mile away. Be careful how you treat your animals...

I do think Obama's legacy will include being one of the worst Commander in Chief of recent times. When Bush was president he would visit war zones, shake as many soldiers hands as he could and thank them, he would serve them food, dine with them and engage in conversation. When Obama visits a war zone, he stays away from the soldiers, I've been told he won't even look them in the eye, when it comes time to eat Obama has a private room and enlisted men are not allowed to dine with him.

Say what you want to say about Bush's legacy, but as Commander in Chief he had the respect of most of his men. It is no secret that the military top to bottom has very little respect for Obama.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Then why are you on a "conspiracy" forum? Are you here for the proposed "Pets and animals" sections of the forum?

Do you simply post here to ridicule "conspiracy theorists".? Where the hell is the logic in that?

Your hilarious. It sounds like you have way too much time on your hands or your posting this from an S&M parlor.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

Oh, I think it's probably true because I know Obama’s disdain for this country and our troops. Being from Australia, do you even know the significance of this picture?

Completely different. There's ample evidence that Obama did not have anything to do with this, We know exactly who authorized this. There's ZERO evidence so far that Obama was involved in the IRS scandal.

But I forget. You don't deal with facts.

All the picture shows is that Obama doesn't think pledging allegiance to a #ing flag is an indicator of one's allegiance to a country. But I suppose you do because you're a brainwashed buffoon who can't think for himself.
I stopped pledging allegiance to the flag when I was in middle school, because I realized it was for brainwashed morons.

edit on 31-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

They could very well be pro-Obama, but that does not detract from the fact they included the actual context in which the meals were being cut....in the title.

Not unless one considers that they, most likely, wouldn't have given Mr. Bush the same treatment.

So the title was not made to get the actual readers of Fox material wound-up?

Correct! The title was only meant to bring attention to the material within the article. Hell, I read the article and found out that there's nothing to get "wound-up" about. That's probably why you're so damned focused on the title. There's certainly nothing in the article to support your angst against Fox.

You are actually positing that the title was made in "attempt to insult those that don't prefer the same news sources"

Nope! Not at all! Unless you're not near as smart as I thought you were, I'm sure you knew that was only in reference to your comment:

Instead, they threw in the mention of Obama and emphasized CUT HOT MEALS as a way to incite those that do not care about the body(context) of the article.

You lost me there. I was not aware that Fox specifically pointed their article titles towards people that are very unlikely to read their material to begin with.

You're not lost! You're only trying to hide from what you said:

Instead, they threw in the mention of Obama and emphasized CUT HOT MEALS as a way to incite those that do not care about the body(context) of the article.

Therefore, my assertion is correct in that the Fox title is made in such a way to achieve such responses.

If so, I find extremely odd that you are now trying to back away from that assertion!

I did not just jump on the bandwagon bashing Fox because I dislike their tactics.

Sure, you did! That's the only reason one would "jump on the bandwagon bashing Fox"!

I provided context with my argument.

That only works if one considers opinions to be valid context. I don't!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

Did they?

Oh christ, another out-of-context picture (or quote - those are popular too) to try to defame Obama. Lovely. Do you have any context for this picture, or do you naively think the picture should just stand on its own?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

" FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading"

What an idiotic statement. You are actually celebrating ignorance. Since you haven't gotten it yet, I'll help.

The MSM reports the generally approved version of stories that provide guidance on the policies TPTB want, while Fox is the marginally controlled allowable opposition source that generally reports the approved version of stories to help keep the right under control. Team Red Team Blue is a game to keep you from asking who the owners are and what they are really doing. And the team rosters aren't just confined to political parties.

At best, you need to selectively listen to as many different biased sources as possible to even have a chance of piecing together what the truth is. To blindly discount any source without proper research leaves you with only incomplete fragments of the story, and leave you as nothing but an indoctrinated muppet

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Nice how your title is so misleading.

Fact is, IF this is true, it's a result of sequester, of which, CONGRESS is responsible. The sequester was suppose to be that thing so terrible, that it was never to happen.

Really, it was always intended TO HAPPEN.

10% off the top, and anyone can point their finger in any direction to find who to blame.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

Non sequitur.

Oh, I think it's probably true because I know Obama’s disdain for this country and our troops.

But you've already been shown that it's not true. And nobody has shown any evidence that Obama despises America or the troops.

Being from Australia, do you even know the significance of this picture?

Yes I do.

This is a photo of Obama standing with Governor Bill Richardson and Senator Hillary Clinton while the US national anthem is played. The flag code states that men with hats who are not in uniform should take their hat off and hold the hat with their right hand at their left shoulder, with their hand over their heart.

It does not say that everyone should do this even if they're not wearing a hat. A lot of people do it anyway, but this is not required by the flag code.

I attended a baseball game in Arlington last year (Texas Rangers vs Toronto Blue Jays; the Rangers won). I noticed some people held their hands at their waists; some held their hats over their hearts or at their hips; some held one hand over their heart; some held both hands over their heart.

Obama's practice varies. Sometimes he has his hand on his heart during the anthem; sometimes he doesn't. Here he is with his hand over his heart during the anthem:

George Bush held his hand at his waist:

Originally posted by Kang69
Then why are you on a "conspiracy" forum?

* To learn more about certain conspiracy theories and the arguments against them
* To learn more about the way other people view the world
* For the lulz

Do you simply post here to ridicule "conspiracy theorists".?

No, that's just a fringe benefit.

edit on 31/5/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Yes. This is a photo of Obama standing with Governor Bill Richardson and Senator Hillary Clinton while the US national anthem is played. The flag code states that men with hats who are not in uniform should take their hat off and hold the hat with their right hand at their left shoulder, with their hand over their heart.

It does not say that everyone should do this even if they're not wearing a hat. A lot of people do it anyway, but this is not required by the flag code.

It’s strange how the rest of them knew what to do….

….Even the women with no hats.

I didn’t think you understood. If that doesn’t show disdain then I don’t know what would. Even his staff got on his arse about that; hence the correction in subsequent pictures.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
President Obama just decided out of the clear blue sky to cut hot meals to one marine base in afghanistan to save a couple of thousand dollars a day. Trust me, he has more important things to think about, this decision was probably made at the O8 level, not even close to the president. Yes I realize he is the commander in chief, but some of you all have no idea how the military works. Give me a freaking break.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Trust me, he has more important things to think about,

Maybe the next vaction!

this decision was probably made at the O8 level, not even close to the president.

…Because flag grade officers have nothing but time for nonsense.

Yes I realize he is the commander in chief, but some of you all have no idea how the military works. Give me a freaking break.

It probably has something to do with sequester!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This POTUS obviously has more important things to think about other than his own Soldiers.

Like CYA.

T&C prevent further comment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join