It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administartion CUTS HOT MEALS for Troops serving in Afghanistan!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Really?

I take headlines like this with a grain of salt because of sensationalism but if this proves to be true, all I got to say watch out Barry!

One thing I think we can call agree on(at least those who have served in the military) is Obama is a very poor Commander in Chief!
All i can say is that little punk never had to serve.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
welll I remember One Hot meal a day in the Field if that the Rest its MRES!!!

Guess What Folks !! Some MREs !! Come with !! Flameless Heaters

Marines can live off MREs well I did ...

Same here we was lucky to get the one hot meal and these people are crying because they are losing one? I remember when the Marines were made up of men now they sound like a bunch of crying schoolgirls.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Presidents never salute when "Hail To The Chief" is being played in their honor.... Even a former Marine should know this...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesman1955

Originally posted by jrod
Really?

I take headlines like this with a grain of salt because of sensationalism but if this proves to be true, all I got to say watch out Barry!

One thing I think we can call agree on(at least those who have served in the military) is Obama is a very poor Commander in Chief!
All i can say is that little punk never had to serve.

He's serving right now, making hundreds of thousands instead of millions, and he is the most hated person in America.

My hat's off to him

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Does anyone here know anyone that came back from Iraq or Afghanistan ? Vietnam even ?
Not one administration has given our vets,including some of the dogs ,any props or respect ,SINCE TRUMAN !
Think I'm kidding ?
WW2 vets didnt die from agent orange,or gulf war syndrome,or come home deaf,with amputations,amputations,and PTSD ,
They didn't come home and commit suicide ,kill their wives ,or beg for help,only to be told they cannot have PTSD intervention ,unless they agree to give up their military pension .

Why does anything they do to our military surprise anyone ?
We are a war profiteering country . Other countries residents are expendable ,and so are our soldiers .Or hasn't anyone noticed ?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This isn't the Marine Corps I served in (if this story is true, which I doubt).

C-Rats or MRE's. The diet of the Marines.

Yes, Marines have always bitched about their rations in the field. It comes with the job. They are grateful to get a hot meal or a shower. They don't whine to the press about it.

If this report is true, there is something wrong with the Marine Corps and Chesty Puller should come back from the dead and start squaring # away real quick.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I went more days without a thing to eat than I got hot chow.... Twice we had no food at all for five days straight and once I went six days.... In the Ashau Valley between 22 January and 18 March 1969 our clothing literally rotted before we returned to a forward base camp and guys were catching and eating snakes.... All three battalions of the 9th Marines looked like Walking Dead....That was pretty much normal for us at least for awhile.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I went more days without a thing to eat than I got hot chow.... Twice we had no food at all for five days straight and once I went six days.... In the Ashau Valley between 22 January and 18 March 1969 our clothing literally rotted before we returned to a forward base camp and guys were catching and eating snakes.... All three battalions of the 9th Marines looked like Walking Dead....That was pretty much normal for us at least for awhile.

Man...

I salute you!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Well if they were back home I am betting there is a whole lot of us who would serve them a hot meal...
agreed and when the Gitmo detainees are consuming MREs or less, then i'll quit complaining.

however, so long as prisoners are eating better than our soldiers, that's worth all the whine and cheese Americans can muster.
send the MREs to Gitmo and bring our troops home !!!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
Today's soldiers are extremely pampered compared to the soldiers about 40 years ago during the Vietnam era. Highly paid and pre-prepared meals, in a pouch (MREs). Soldiers of the Vietnam era got C-Rations (canned rations) and were not as well compensated in terms of pay.

The military, when it is justly serving its intended function as a defense force to protect the citizens of the US (which does NOT include serving corporate and NWO interests by waging illegal wars of conquest), the individual service folks compensation should be much, much higher. The risks taken can be ridiculously great, and the compensation (not rewards) simply does not match up.

I once looked into becoming an officer, but wasnt looking to make a career out of it. I realized that after I would have left the military, I essentially would be little better off financially than I was before. The compensation given was as I recall, ridiculously low until the upper ranks, in which it then turned mediocre, which then still took a long time of # pay to actually get to, if you ever got there at all.

I seriously hope that military service personnel wake the # up to the reality that the government they serve doesnt give a # about them, and start leaving at the end of their term or whatever en masse, and the ones simply stop signing up.

No soldiers = no more wars of conquest.

And I can guarantee everybody, having all those people at home cognizant of the corruption of their government will make us all magnitudes more safe than we are with most of them deployed to some desert hell in which they shouldnt be there to begin with. With all of them at home, the rogue government regime and roided out thug cops will think twice before trying to push the agenda further.

I hate to use the cliche, but "wake up" military folk. Wake the # up.

edit on 6/2/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: grammer

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think the police guarded school that Oblama has alleged daughters
attend, should have their school hot lunch suspended under protest.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This administration will only support people who support him...that is why he will continue mass welfare and 'gim-me' projects for his supporters, all the while bringing in more illegal immigrants to give away more of our tax money.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Wolfenz
welll I remember One Hot meal a day in the Field if that the Rest its MRES!!!

Guess What Folks !! Some MREs !! Come with !! Flameless Heaters

Marines can live off MREs well I did ...

Same here we was lucky to get the one hot meal and these people are crying because they are losing one? I remember when the Marines were made up of men now they sound like a bunch of crying schoolgirls.

Yeah seems that way it look as tho the Marines has became a little weak not like when i was in in the early 90s back then you learned to adapt to what you had and then sad but true most of the equipment we had was more less 2nd hand hand me downs from the Army & Navy as i Remember ...

I don't know of today Marines But Trinkets and Decorations the Marines Had on their Issued uniforms were just Ribbons n the Metals only special occasion Marksmanship Status
and I don't think they know the Word Ruffing it So I Guess The Knight Status is void

Marine Corps Commercial: "Knight"

This Commercial Alone got My Attention ! back in 1987

Not so much now as it looks from the Commercial Below !

This Commercial say 9 year later!!!

Looks like a Fricken live !Video Game

Marine Corps Commercial: "Rite of Passage"

Come on Now what Commercial would Inspire you!!!

Video Game Obstical Course and fight the Big Boss or the Historic Values Of Knight Hood

Whaaa I want 2 Hot Meals when Im in the Field ! Pathetic ! makes Me Feel Disappointed...

Especially Marines ! Complaining ! Marines of today Should go back 20 years to see what Marines did..
edit on 2-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Sequestration....across-the-board, *indiscriminate* cuts? Ring a bell? It's not that Obama hates the troops, its that our government is a dysfunctional mess that is kissing the ass of the IMF by buying into a thoroughly discredited "austerity" philosophy that they had to sell to the public with a different name. And further, for anyone who never bothered to pay attention in Social Studies...it is CONGRESS that approves and control spending and the purse...not the President. He signs bills. Congress allocates where the spending is done. At least blame the right people.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duamutef9

it is CONGRESS that approves and control spending and the purse...not the President. He signs bills. Congress allocates where the spending is done. At least blame the right people.

Umm. actually, no. It USED to be Congress that controlled spending. That was back, years ago, when the United States HAD a budget for the nation. We don't anymore and we haven't had a formal budget since Spring of 2009. That means the stop gaps, hold overs, spending bills and omnibus measures to keep the U.S. from collapsing without one are all that keep us going.

It means...there are no lines to limit spending. There are no lines to STAY INSIDE OF. It's why, perhaps, the deficit went from under 500 billion under the past President to a high of 1.5 TRILLION under Obama. No lines means no limits and no limits? Well...Executive DOES have spending control when there are NO controls to say otherwise. That IS the case as it stands now and has been.

Now the United States President has a way he can solve this issue. He's refused to, every time the opportunity has presented itself. Under the power granted by the Constitution and US law since, the President can HOLD Congress, literally against their will, in session and in Washington until he FEELS like letting them go or they fulfill the purpose of the special session he's called to do this.

He could do this. He's failed to, utterly, at every turn. Therefore, every failure of budget matters in Congress is a failure for Obama, as well. Period. Full Stop.

The Budget Failures began under the Pelosi/Reid Congress and ran into 2010, when Republicans took the House and extended the failure themselves. Point being. BOTH PARTIES are 100% to blame on this crap and the President, after 5 years of failure to follow the law as dictated by the Constitution on budgetary matters....owns it just as much as they do.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well that sankari never replied to your post.

And a good 90% of her/his posts consist of shooting down the OP with zero regard for manners and kindness.

There is a good handful of people on ATS who have purely signed up to be blunt because they know being blunt makes the other person reach out for points. Then the next reply would be an increasingly blunter post.

Its like going to a forum about art and saying you don't see anything in the picture, it just looks like a messed up bunch of shapes. Yet am sure the artist felt he made something that has reflected his frame of mind on something.

edit on 2-6-2013 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Duamutef9

it is CONGRESS that approves and control spending and the purse...not the President. He signs bills. Congress allocates where the spending is done. At least blame the right people.

Umm. actually, no. It USED to be Congress that controlled spending. That was back, years ago, when the United States HAD a budget for the nation. We don't anymore and we haven't had a formal budget since Spring of 2009. That means the stop gaps, hold overs, spending bills and omnibus measures to keep the U.S. from collapsing without one are all that keep us going.

It means...there are no lines to limit spending. There are no lines to STAY INSIDE OF. It's why, perhaps, the deficit went from under 500 billion under the past President to a high of 1.5 TRILLION under Obama. No lines means no limits and no limits? Well...Executive DOES have spending control when there are NO controls to say otherwise. That IS the case as it stands now and has been.

Now the United States President has a way he can solve this issue. He's refused to, every time the opportunity has presented itself. Under the power granted by the Constitution and US law since, the President can HOLD Congress, literally against their will, in session and in Washington until he FEELS like letting them go or they fulfill the purpose of the special session he's called to do this.

He could do this. He's failed to, utterly, at every turn. Therefore, every failure of budget matters in Congress is a failure for Obama, as well. Period. Full Stop.

The Budget Failures began under the Pelosi/Reid Congress and ran into 2010, when Republicans took the House and extended the failure themselves. Point being. BOTH PARTIES are 100% to blame on this crap and the President, after 5 years of failure to follow the law as dictated by the Constitution on budgetary matters....owns it just as much as they do.

I can see where you are coming from, but this is about contractual arrangements already agreed with the blessing of those in the Pentagon, who have been deficient in looking at the numbers. That contract with Supreme foods runs out incidentally this December, there is an ongoing dispute about costings supplied by that company in a big way. There is more reading here,

www.publicintegrity.org...

The deal was first done in 2005.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Ahhh..... Now that I did not know. Thank you very much for the additional insight with contract issues. Particularly the date of the original contract for time and setting to when it had been set up. That does add something to the overall appearance of what is happening here. I appreciate the insight.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by smurfy

Ahhh..... Now that I did not know. Thank you very much for the additional insight with contract issues. Particularly the date of the original contract for time and setting to when it had been set up. That does add something to the overall appearance of what is happening here. I appreciate the insight.

There is so much more, it makes you wonder about what war and peace actually is, and scroll down to the comments in this link, notably from Thomas Patrick Folan, and all but ignore the link heading.

concernedveteransforamerica.org...

It's a fecking big, big story. A start-up company my arse.
edit on 2-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

That's pretty shameless, if you ask me ... overcharging the government while at the same time short changing the delivery to our troops. If you're looking for people who are responsible for taking food out of our soldiers' mouths, there you go. A supreme rip-off.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join