It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Poll Shows 85% of Brits Want to Repeal the Ban on Hand Guns

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Well here's a little clue my friend, my grandfather fought in WWII in the British army in the European conflict, he fell in love with my grandmother a German citizen. To get get her out of Germany after the collapse he disguised her as an British soldier and smuggled her out. Now that's love. I was raised by this man's son, how strict do you think my childhood was? My last name reflects my origin.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Then I thought, "Immigration reform." Why wasn't that on the list? Ask any Brit here, THAT is a topic they want addressed. Not guns.

Hallelujah!
If I could applaud you I would.

Talk to almost any Briton and I reckon the vast majority of them would say that by far the four biggest concerns at present are Immigration, EU, austerity cuts and related issues and extremism / terrorism.
I guess some Scots, maybe many, would say Independance.

Not one of them are on that list.

How do I come to that conclusion?
By living here for approaching 48 years and talking to people from every walk of life.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by Danbones
"Laughable"?
Just a friendly lil reminder:

Remember back in WWII when the Japanese admiral said that an invasion of the US would face a gun behind everyblade of grass?
and so DON"T DO IT!

What did the Brits say in WW!!
HELP!
and who helped?
all the people who had guns handy everyday

Dont even go there just dont,....

Posts like that from ignorant americans piss on the lifes of the hundreds of thousands of uk troops that died in equal numbers to your americans.

Your a disgrace to the men who gave there lifes.

Ps British gun laws barely existed then so shove that up your gun barrel.

I'll go their all I want thankyou very much

as Hitler said
"a nation of shop keepers "
read my av
I'm a Canadian ( american family )
shows how much you know

Here as a Metis we still use guns for food - my father was one of those crack shots that saved your British Bacon, and the reserve just west of here produced the sniper that had the most kills in ww2...
good thing for you eh?

Have you Brits ever won a war since the 16th C without the colonies or allies to help you?
Remember "appeasment" (shhhesh, thats what you do when you don't have a gun )
How did that work out for you?
You always need the help of those that know how to hold up their end of the lead toss

PS
remember when little Joan of Arc tossed you Brits out of france?
bet you wish you had been there with a couple of Webblys , you'ld have takin her on then wot eh?
edit on 31-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Honestly I do not care if any other country lets their people have guns to protect themselves or not. I think every law abiding person on Earth should have the right to own a gun if they choose, but that is as far as my concern in the matter goes.

I am very happy though to live in a state that allows me to carry a loaded firearm. I had to pay fees and take a course to do so. I had to pass background checks and show that I am a law abiding citizen to buy and own guns.

My guns might not save my life, I still might die even though I carry a gun. However, I still have a fighting chance. I still have a chance that it might save my life or that of someone else.

I look at it like this no one wants the criminal element to own any form of weapon, but they do. If you don't want a gun don't get one, no one cares and no one is forcing you to get one. If a law abiding citizen wants a firearm to protect themselves though it is no ones business but theirs if they have one.

Raist

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; or to raise standing armies, unless necessary for the defense of the United States, or of some one or more of them; or to prevent the people from petitioning, in a peaceable and orderly manner, the federal legislature, for a redress of grievances; or to subject the people to unreasonable searches and seizures of their persons, papers or possessions.

Samuel Adams: Debates of the Massachusetts Convention of 1788, 1788

What has your King or Queen done for you to ensure your safety, or were your guns taken to protect theirs, when the brave in your country finally realized that they were nothing more than subjects.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

What part of the whole UK are you talking about . That statement of mine came from an article I read from a study about a month ago .
There are several provinces under the United Kingdom and you listed one .. I suppose that would be like states in the United States .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

The number are actually a bit smaller, if we take whole UK into account.

I enlisted statistics from England & Wales in most stats I posted here. which are more "violent" compared to Scotland and Northern Ireland - more people in jail, more violent crimes, although the difference is not much.

England and Wales for example have 154/100k incarcerated, Scotland has 151 and Northern Ireland has 96.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You should learn some history

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'll go their all I want thankyou very much

Well I for one would love you to visit the UK, as soon as possible preferably - then maybe we'd be able to arrange a little meeting and discuss things face to face.
I'm sure it would be an enjoyable experience.

as Hitler said
"a nation of shop keepers "

Actually it was Napoleon who said it, look at how much good it did him.
Do you know who Napoleaon was?

..... - my father was one of those crack shots that saved your British Bacon,

I'm sure your Father was very brave and I certainly respect and appreciate his service and that of his countrymen, you should be very proud of him.
But to suggest that snipers and crack shots won the war of saved the collective 'British bacon' is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

Have you Brits ever won a war since the 16th C without the colonies or allies to help you?

One or two - has the US ever won a war?
Oh, I forget that crushing victory in Grenada.

But is winning wars really a measure of a nations merits?
And if it is is that something to be proud of in this day and age?

Remember "appeasment" (shhhesh, thats what you do when you don't have a gun )

Yeah, yet another case of politicians letting the people down - but still, not 'our' greatest moment.

But I guess you conveniently forget that we entered the war to defend weaker nations that were being bullied and trampled on by Hitler.
Why did the USA enter the war again?

remember when little Joan of Arc tossed you Brits out of france?

Would that be the same France that Great Britain has defeated on more than one or two occasions since?
Would that be the same France that surrendered meekly to Hitler because they didn't want Paris getting ruined?
Would that be the same France that collaborated with Germany whilst the UK repelled the Luftwaffe in The Battle Of Britain and survived The Blitz and then, with the active involvement of her Allies, liberated that self-same France, much to their eternal chagrin and shame?

Yet again you attempt to derail any thread relating in any shape or form to the UK with your blatant anti-UK bigotry and trot out the same old bollocks that has been debunked on numerous occassions.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Finally coming to their senses.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
They should give it a shot.

Then the world can see if guns do contribute to a massive influx of death. If so, people can file claims against the gun makers when they are murdered by idiots, if not, freedom will reign.

Let the test begin.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

If it were not for our guys coming to your rescue the UK would be no more . I really can't see the problem with guns . Can you people not be trusted with them . With your growing Muslim population you might need guns or become dead infidels .
Sometimes I wonder what happened to the men in the UK . Why are they so docile ? Are they so unconcerned about the Globalist and Agenda 21 .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Sometimes I wonder what happened to the men in the UK . Why are they so docile ? Are they so unconcerned about the Globalist and Agenda 21 .

Obviously there are some left or this OP wouldn’t be here. I know there are plenty of non-sheepled people living amongst them.

As for the rest….they were neutered when the government decided it was time. That's how things work over there...the government decides....EVERYTHING.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i hope they do not repeal this as us brits are safe enough and add our drinking and drug culture and it would only spell disaster for all .

a sicko called gordon hamilton with ties to high up politicans in the uk went on a rampage at a school in scotland causing the call for the gun ban .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
Why on Earth do I need a gun?

Why do you need a car? A fork, A knife? All are tools to be used, and ALL can be used to kill.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

i hope they do not repeal this as us brits are safe enough and add our drinking and drug culture and it would only spell disaster for all .

Translation: I hope the government doesn’t repeal the gun restrictions. If they do all of our drugged up drunken citizens will start killing eachother at a greater rate than they already are. Government PLEASE save me from my countrymen…none of them can be trusted!

SAD! Thanks for shedding light on the mindset!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

You should learn some history

link please

there is more to the owning a gun thing then a surface read or comparison of the gun death stats would indicate
I would have thought I wouldn't have to explain that to the long bow nation

my how quikly we forgets eh?

oh, and I include help from the US satalite data in that help from allies catagory
don't leave home without it

oh and re respect to the fallen
many gunnies who learned their skills by putting meat on the table, fell saving British butt as I said
good thing for the colonies eh
thanks for the thanks there bub

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
Why on Earth do I need a gun?

Why do you need a car? A fork, A knife? All are tools to be used, and ALL can be used to kill.

Anything can be used to kill, even a vacuum cleaner. Although all of these have a practical every day value.

You use fork to eat, knife to cut things which need to be cut, car is for transportation.

All the above mentioned are tools, which can be used as a weapon - gun is a weapon, which serves no other practical purpose than harming somebody.

You mentioned cars. For driving a car one needs a licence, he needs to pass exams, tests, the car must be registrated on your name, why not add the same things to guns... Getting a gun should be a harder than getting a car...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguedesigner

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by roguedesigner
I'm pretty sick and tired of people who are completely ignorant of my country telling me we "need" guns. Frankly, to say that the life of Lee Rigby could have been saved if we had the same anarchic gun laws as *certain other countries* is ridiculous. How did those gun laws work out in Columbine, Aurora, Killeen, Binghampton, *insert mass shooting of choice here*? Where was the gun toting citizen who stopped those little sprees? Notably absent?

In the cases of ALL school shootings here, guns are not allowed in those places, so no armed citizen was allowed or able to stop the shooters. It's pretty clear that such shooters tend to choose places guns aren't allowed. There are many more cases of someone being stopped by an armed citizen, though, than of such shooter types doing whatever they want. In Texas, there is a new bill to allow armed teachers and school staff, to help prevent such tragedies in the schools there. Great plan, in my opinion. All the gun laws do is prevent lawful citizens from carrying. Criminals already ignore the laws.

So the answer to more gun crime is to allow more people to carry firearms. That's genius.

It's simple common sense. If the criminals will carry guns, regardless of the law, which they DO, then having honest citizens able to arm themselves means they can defend themselves. The police, no matter how they try, simply cannot be everywhere. Even the best possible response time can be too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join