It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Poll Shows 85% of Brits Want to Repeal the Ban on Hand Guns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Anyway dont drag him into this debate I find it very offensive you use a murdered person so you can be little the UK in your pro gun agenda.

I wasn't the person who brought him up.

I don't think mentioning that tragedy is disrespectful. A man was brutally killed. What's disrespectful is that a man who was given a weapon and ordered to fight for his country wasn't even trusted to carry a weapon in his own country to defend himself from knife wielding lunatics.

Meh...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think we only want a few more incidents like the one in Woolwich where a soldier was hacked to death to make most of us feel that its time to arm ourselves. This incident has crossed a line where had those men decided to go after the people on the street, the numbers of dead could have been higher and without a weapon how do you defend against some large young man wielding a machete or hatchet?

We seem to have a number of immigrants who come from war-torn countries or feel the necessity to go train themselves abroad for some future war, so its making some people begin to feel that were they confronted by some armed maniac or patrol, then at least a chance to defend oneself is necessary.

I might totally disagree with my government's waring actions abroad but the result of these is young men like the Woolwich two, plus we already know that many young 'Brits' are fighting in wars in the Middle East and Afganistan etc.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Oh i believe a mini-gun would definitely have shredded a European car, and i'm shocked that someone didn't jump on this guy and beat his ass after he stood there and candidly gave an interview. I believe a baseball bat out guns a knife in just about any fight.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
if I may stick some more stuff to the wall:

Assault victims ( totals )
please note UK is number 2 ( notice all the top countries run on justice systems based on the British system )
www.nationmaster.com...

please note "total victims"

Crime stats: United Kingdom vs United States
British Crime stats American Crime stats

Assault victims 2.8% 1.2%
DEFINITION: People victimized by assault (as a % of the total population). Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevelence.
SOURCE: UNICRI (United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute). 2002. Correspondence on data on crime victims. March. Turin
Ranked 2nd. 133% more than United States Ranked 11th.
Believe in police efficiency 72% 89%
DEFINITION: Proportion of people in international Crime Victims Survey 2000 who say police do a good job in controlling crime in their area.
SOURCE: UN International Crime Victims' Survey
Ranked 6th. Ranked 1st. 24% more than United Kingdom

Drug offences 183,419 per 100,000 people 560.1 per 100,000 people
DEFINITION: Drug offence cases per 100,000 population (2000).
SOURCE: The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention)
Ranked 2nd. 326 times more than United States Ranked 4th.
Murders committed by youths 139 8,226
DEFINITION: Homicide rates among youths aged 10–29 years by country or area: most recent year available (variable 1990–1999).
SOURCE: World Health Organization: World report on violence and health, 2002
Ranked 29th. Ranked 3rd. 58 times more than United Kingdom
Murders with firearms 14 9,369
DEFINITION: Total recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm. Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence.
SOURCE: The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention)
Ranked 29th. Ranked 1st. 668 times more than United Kingdom

Perception of safety > Walking in dark 70% 82%
DEFINITION: Proportions in International Crime Victims Survey 2000 reporting that they feel safe walking in the dark.
SOURCE: UN International Crime Victims' Survey
Ranked 12th. Ranked 2nd. 17% more than United Kingdom
Police

SOURCE: Wikipedia: List of countries by size of police forces

Prisoners 78,753 prisoners 2,019,234 prisoners
DEFINITION: Total persons incarcerated
Ranked 5th. Ranked 1st. 25 times more than United Kingdom
Rape victims 0.9% 0.4%
DEFINITION: People victimized by sexual assault (as a % of the total population). Data refer to female population only. Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence.
SOURCE: UNICRI (United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute). 2002. Correspondence on data on crime victims. March. Turin
Ranked 6th. 125% more than United States Ranked 13th.

Total crimes 6,523,706 11,877,218
DEFINITION: Note: Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence.
Ranked 2nd. Ranked 1st. 82% more than United Kingdom

Total crime victims 26.4% 21.1%
DEFINITION: People victimized by crime (as a % of the total population).

www.nationmaster.com...

Keenewick ( WHERE EVERY HOUSE MUST HAVE A FIRARM ) county stats

In 2001, violent crime rates are about 85% below national and state rates. Property crime rates are from 46-56% below national and state rates.

en.wikipedia.org...

also:
Don't forget as we have seen in the news, a significant amount of the dead victims in the US
died in GUN FREE ZONES like schools that also were often locked down...
so you can subtract them from the gun death stats too...because they never had a chance...
may they RIP....
Ironically they are actually just as much victims of the gun control crowd...ain't that sad?

did I mention the gun deaths from guns supplied through fast and furious?
guns SUPPLIED BY THE OBAMA ANTI GUN CROWD and the US antijustice system
edit on 31-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PRwood

Oh i believe a mini-gun would definitely have shredded a European car, and i'm shocked that someone didn't jump on this guy and beat his ass after he stood there and candidly gave an interview. I believe a baseball bat out guns a knife in just about any fight.

I agree with you....unless of course the street was full of old women. That bat wouldn't have done her much good but a 40 caliber pistol would have.

Disparity of force is a real issue. It doesn't matter who you are, in every situation SOMEONE is on the wrong end of that disparity of force. I would prefer it be the BAD GUYS in every situation!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PRwood

A gun is not magic it only works if it is drawn and pointed at the target. Driving into the back of someone by surprise is not a situation when a gun would work..... note the worlds back and surprise.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This thread is laughable.

The poll has 'clearly' been proved unreliable with the stats it provides.

This is just a thread for another crazy gun wielding American to encourage his buddies to join in on a pro guns bash.

If it makes you happy to think that us Brits are warming to the idea of using guns before brains...
Well good for you sunshine.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by seabag

I can’t wait to see what happens when this bill makes it to the commons.

Being as I'm a Brit I think I can safely say that this will not be debated in the Commons nor will it become a bill , there may be a very small minority who would like it to but the vast majority feel we are American enough without having the right to bare arms .

reply to post by Krakatoa

But, what about the majority opinion? Doesn't that count for anything?

15.000 out of a population of over 60 million is not a majority opinion .

edit on 31-5-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

Heck the first right to arm charter or whatever you call it was a idea that developed over there. The right of man to own a sword if he wanted to and not an exclusive right of some. Was that under William of Orange?
edit on 31-5-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

This is just a thread for another crazy gun wielding American to encourage his buddies to join in on a pro guns bash.

If it makes you happy to think that us Brits are warming to the idea of using guns before brains...

Oh that's rich. It may interest you to know that many americans see your lack of a strong gun ownership portion to your constitution to be in fact the product of the brainless.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

YET HERE YOU ARE!!

Proven unreliable? What poll is reliable?

A poll is simply ‘checking the pulse’ it’s not rocket science!

Yes, look at them all flocking here!

If you had brains you’d refuse to allow your Bilderberg controlled government to neuter you.

Enjoy your security, twinkle toes!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by seabag
We'll never know because of UK's stupid laws.

No im pretty sure driveing a car into the back of someone makes a gun pointless in that situation.

Anyway dont drag him into this debate I find it very offensive you use a murdered person so you can be little the UK in your pro gun agenda.

edit on 31-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

Well it is a fact that this guy wasn't stopped until ob showed up with guns.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

YET HERE YOU ARE!!

Proven unreliable? What poll is reliable?

A poll is simply ‘checking the pulse’ it’s not rocket science!

Yes, look at them all flocking here!

If you had brains you’d refuse to allow your Bilderberg controlled government to neuter you.

Enjoy your security, twinkle toes!

Yes HERE I AM!

It's a public forum and i am entitled to my opinion thank you very much

Everyone in the world knows what reputation the USA has, you've got more crazies there than anywhere else!

However that DOES NOT apply to the whole population, i happen to really like most Americans and am even married to one.

I love how quickly the replies came in, touch a nerve did i???

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's too late now!

Suckers....

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No I totally agree I was actually just shedding light on the the immense power a mini gun holds. Here's my take someone commented that if say a few armed citizens had say shot and dropped the attackers that it would have been a bloodbath, but yet the attackers were taken down by what 4 cops with subguns on semi? And from what I saw from the video the first attacker was on the ground by the second shot. So is it not hard for Brit's to understand why most Americans view them as being pussified in a sense. I'm sure there has to be a few good men in England who can hit center of mass and keep an eye on potential friendlies behind the target; crossfire. You don't trust yourselves or your fellow countrymen to stand up and fight back because it might become a bloodbath so you all just stand around and watch and wait for the Calvary to arrive it was two guys with knives and they weren't even that big or intimidating as some of the low life thugs we have on our streets, and our thugs are certainly not polite or apologetic. I am gun owner and have been carrying legally for over 12 years and have not once ever had to pull out of fear on another human being, but I have the confidence that if I had to resort to that level of violence in defence of my self, family or a violent scene like the one played out in London that I could and would "Shoot straight and true."

edit on 31-5-2013 by PRwood because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2013 by PRwood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Yes HERE I AM!

Just thought it quite funny you said the thread was a joke but decided to stop in.
WELCOME!

Everyone in the world knows what reputation the USA has, you've got more crazies there than anywhere else!

Is that right? Maybe you should read the thread past the OP and see the stats. A person is more likely to be a victim of violent crime in UK than US. Does that surprise you? It shouldn’t! You have no means of self-defense that’s worth a crap!

However that DOES NOT apply to the whole population, i happen to really like most Americans and am even married to one.

So you got the only good American, huh?

Not hardly! The post lacked content....not enough meat there to get under my skin!

edit on 31-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yes HERE I AM!

Just thought it quite funny you said the thread was a joke but decided to stop in.
WELCOME!

Is that right? Maybe you should read the thread past the OP and see the stats. A person is more likely to be a victim of violent crime in UK than US. Does that surprise you? It shouldn’t! You have no means of self-defense that’s worth a crap!

So you got the only good American, huh?

Not hardly! The post lacked content....not enough meat there to get under my skin!

edit on 31-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Yes i thought the thread was a joke 'after' I'd read the content, i didn't say the 'title' of this thread is a joke

And i did notice the figures that you desperately Googled having realised the poll was moot, and it didn't surprise me. Because the crazies over here unfortunately are trying to emulate your lot, very sad i know..

Speaking of replies with no meat, i'm not even going to bother replying to the rest of your attempt at picking my post apart.

There's desperate and clutching at straws,..

I'll think I'll just leave that hanging

Night night.

edit on 31/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

And i did notice the figures that you desperately Googled having realised the poll was moot, and it didn't surprise me. Because the crazies over here unfortunately are trying to emulate your lot, very sad i know..

So anybody who wants a gun is considered “crazies” in your book?

Careful….your elitism is showing.

Speaking of replies with no meat, i'm not even going to bother replying to the rest of your attempt at picking my post apart.

There's desperate and clutching at straws,..

I'll think I'll just leave that hanging

Do yourself a favor and walk away. It’s only going to be downhill from here on for you.

You’re always welcome back of course.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens What if the Woolwich two had guns and then decided to expand the attack into the nearby army base?
edit on 5/31/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

As far as I know, they did have a gun?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
"Laughable"?
Just a friendly lil reminder:

Remember back in WWII when the Japanese admiral said that an invasion of the US would face a gun behind everyblade of grass?
and so DON"T DO IT!

What did the Brits say in WW!!
HELP!
and who helped?
all the people who had guns handy everyday

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AKindChap

Huh now that’s a twist so the attack was almost symbolic which coincides with the attackers statement.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join