It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto gives up fight for GM plants in Europe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Someone pinch me. Could this really be? Although once bitten...

So what is keeping us from doing the same here? US congress? We've a lot of work to do in North America.

It really is not THAT surprising.Look at fluoride in drinking water. Most european countries banned it (for good reasons) with england being the biggest exception.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Something dosen't seem right here. Just seems like more smoke and mirrors.

Oh and by the way, where's our friendly neighborhood straw man Hopechest and the rest of the tinkerbell squad to come in and save the day to derail this thread?

We are all awaiting eagerly.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Kang69 because: Come forth hopechest!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

We will not spend any more money to convince people to plant them.

Keyword, is convince. On to option 2: Force

If you cant convince them , force them or trick them.

They may cool down their efforts for a while, but sooner or later Large corporations find a way to get the votes they need.

edit on 31-5-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaedur
Me *Raises Hand* while I would perfer not to eat GM crops, as the environment changes, it may be the only way for us to survive as a species without mass dieoffs.

That is how I see our future, that is why I think USA is allowing it.. IT's our only hope long term.
I'm super anti- gmo, i just believe their may be a logically reason behind it we don't know.

There is, Monsanto has bought itself into the government... with GM food the Big Pharma can control the food chain from the field to the plate, which by the way is Monsanto's admitted goal. Apart from the big bucks they can make this way, they would have more direct power than the banksters. Though of course the banks most likely own Monsanto, like they own the USA.

Originally posted by AkhenatenII
You know the ole saying.... "Money Talks.... Bull# Walks"

When the rest of the world bans imports of US grain and corn then maybe this brain dead fascist country will wise up and stop madsanto.

They can try that, but then the US would bring them freedom and democracy...

edit on 31-5-2013 by Sirrurg because: add

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
"We will not spend any more money to convince people to plant them.”

Does that mean they're going to force politicians to make some laws saying they must plant them?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Kudos to the Europeans for standing up against big business, US needs to take a lesson from them. Protest works sometimes, the little guys voice can be heard with enough heart and dedication.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's a very fortunate fact producers of food here are legally bound to declare GMO on the packing/label if contained in the product.
Most people here are accustomed to read the declaration of their food for a number of reasons.
As it turns out, GMO products won't sell. Nobody is willing to buy them, n o b o d y.
Not even those who usually don't care for all the nastys(Aspartame, sodium glutamate, etc.).
And yes, you guessed it right, the industry complained about their obligation to declare.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Finally, some good news about Monsanto. I just hope America does the same thing and gets rid of it. I hope America listens to the Monsanto marches, they where so awesome! So many people turned out, I'm in the UK and our's didn't have that many people unfortunately, but I wish I could have gone.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Now if this company did not travel to DC,
Did not bring court cases,
Did not mess with insecticides,
Did not sell a product without 10 years minimum research on human and other native species health.

And instead made a tomato with 100 percent daily values of vitamins and minerals with no other drawbacks.

Then I would think of supporting the evil seed company.

HINT. Think Nutrition and not profits Monsanto. !

But then again, you are a private company with investors looking for a return on their money so they can retire and relax.

It is weird how everything is all about the money.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Good. Monsanto should just give up, period.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I love the idea but I just don't trust this operation. Tricks up their sleeves they has I tell ya. I seem to remember reading some scuttle a while back about them needing a bailout for their European failure or some such thing. The idea that they've bitten off more than they can chew financially makes me feel warm and fuzzy

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The Germans are always ahead of the curve.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I kind of agree with you... Sounds too easy. It's like, does anyone really believe we stopped the Space Shuttle without a replacement system? Not likely. There was a blurb the US NAVY was testing a Top Secret, returnable, recoverable space shuttle system but haven't heard anything about it (maybe because its Top Secret!?).

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Great news!
I'm really glad that actually happened in the EU... hope that the US will follow

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Good to know that the Europeans have the intelligence and balls to block Monsanto's game plan. Too bad we in the Americas can't match the brains of our forebears.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
They are up to some thing!
Evil Never gives up.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If Monsanto would engineer seeds, which could withstand heat and draught, no biggie, but these asshole$ just want to sell their chemicals.

I have a good feeling about the French, never allowing monopolys in agriculture.

Allah bless Europia!
edit on 1-6-2013 by pjfry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Kudos to EU for doing what is right and standing up against the Monsanto monsters. Unfortunately, America is far from doing the same. Why one may ask? Here's just a few reasons:

1) Monsanto has a lot of $$$, which means they get their way. What do I mean? In case your one of the ones who has yet to figure it out, $$$ dictates policy in the United States.
2) Clarence Thomas is on the Supreme Court, and I'm sure once he retires another former Monsanto employee/lawyer will "magically" find their way onto the supreme court as well.
3) The majority of the citizens in this country are still "sheeple" and don't care about anything else other then reality TV, paying the mortgage and the bills, fast food and facebook games. Until more people break free from control and start to practice mindfulness and awareness, the masses won't be big enough masses to actually put up any sort of fight.

Many people who I know are getting ready to leave or have already left the United States. In a way it's sad, because most of them do love the USA and what we USED to stand for. While I am ready to go, I still find myself wanting to stay here because I get the feeling that one day, and that day is soon, the people and the nation will need me.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
kudos to the Europeans for their resilience, persistence and focus to stamp out this evil doer among them.

i do fear this is only the beginning whereas Monsanto will evolve as something more sinister and sneaky but until that day arrives, kudos to those on the front lines of such a worthy battle.

am wondering if this piece is 'news' to any of you, it was to me when i read it.

source
Monsanto Cucumbers Cause Genital Baldness — Immediately Banned in Nova Scotia

yes, the source is that BIN place but the story didn't originate there ... it was featured at Intellihub.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frenemy
It really is not THAT surprising.Look at fluoride in drinking water. Most european countries banned it (for good reasons) with england being the biggest exception.

They don't have it in water - but they put it in salt

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join