It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Note of a Pitch.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there is a way to record voice and then play it back at a certain musical pitch. For example, I record myself saying "G Flat", then play it back at the pitch of G Flat. Is there something that would enable me to name all the notes through three octaves, for example, naming each pitch and then play it back at those pitches.

I know one could use an opera singer to make such a recording but I don't have an opera singer.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

What you are talking about is called pitch correction, also known as auto tune.

Look into Melodyne. They provide software that interfaces with your DAW to provide real time pitch corrections.

Or, you could try a pitch shift effect with a vocal processor.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

As the above poster mentioned, Melodyne is perfect for what you require. All you'd need is your recordings fo yourself saying G#, A, A#, etc (which you could record in any audio recording software; I prefer Ableton Live or CuBase). Then import them to Melodyne and basically move them to whatever pitch you want.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a free version of Melodyne, but you could try GSnap or Kerovee.

Hope this helps, dude.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Thanks both, for the responses. I'll look into Melodyne and other suggestions. (Gotta go for now. I work shifts, so it's bedtime, more or less, but I will get back to the thread later. Thanks again)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Pitch and Time Sampling. Im able to raise or lower any pitch(key) to where I can sing it in my range without altering the original. (Like raising or lowering an original Foo Fighters or Taylor Swift as extreme examples)

Available in a lot of programs, software and guitar and voice pedals at music stores.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I managed to get an old copy of Melodyne Editor 2 and tried to make my recording but I wasn't really satisfied with the result. No fault of the program which is very interesting. I just don't have the time to put into the project necessary to become proficient enough to do what I want.

Thanks to all for the input, but due to other pressures I am just going to have to wimp out on this project.

top topics

join