It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now required to ask patients of suicidal thoughts??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Absolutley i want for someone to give a crap. So someone who has/had alcoholism or a drug addiction in there lifetime should be stripped their firearms? Becuase alcoholism and drug addiction are mental health issues, along with all eating disorder etc. fact.

www.m.webmd.com...

So that would be a huge portion of the population on top of all te psychiatric and personality disorders. Thats a huge portion or the population. Perhaps 25% (speculation) and if it was put into law that gun cannon be owned in a household with a mental person then that number rises to over 50% probably more like 75% of the population that would not be legally aloud to own a gun becuase of a mental health issue they personally have or becuase of someone in their household.

This could be done, hell if i was a govt trying to cut the number of gun owners in the US this is how i would do it.
Its easy to implement and will passively restrict the number of legal gun owners.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sway33

So...for you, this is all about 'gun ownership'?
Wow.

You really are stepping into paranoia land here, Sway.

Mandated reporting has been around for decades. NO ONE is trying to take your guns! We have guns in our own home - my husband is a veteran....he 'got out' of the National Guard due to PTSD and acute depression....

NO ONE came to get his guns. He just the other day bought and gifted me a book called "The Cornered Cat; A Woman's Guide to Concealed Carry".........
I, myself, have been on anti-depressants for 20 years! NO ONE "interrogated me" about whether or not I have guns and know how to use them. You are being hysterical.

Neither my husband (diagnosed PTSD) nor myself (diagnosed low-level depression) has EVER been investigated or persecuted. Relax.

I was a Mental Health Professional, sway - master's level. They are asking you SO THAT THEY CAN HELP YOU IF YOU NEED IT.
gha

edit on 1-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Just an article i found, not sure why you think its a lie but also it doesnt matter if it is, this thread is based on my experience and the recent push for gun control, neither of which the article factually supports, i posted it as testimony other than my own.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sway33
reply to post by Sankari

Just an article i found

And you didn't think to check if it was true?

not sure why you think its a lie

Read the Snopes article. I don't 'think' it's a lie, I know it's a lie. It's been debunked.

but also it doesnt matter if it is

Yes it does, because it proves that the entire basis of this thread is false.

this thread is based on my experience and the recent push for gun control, neither of which the article factually supports, i posted it as testimony other than my own.

So you posted a false and irrelevant claim purporting to describe an event which didn't actually happen because the situation under which it allegedly occurred does not actually exist.

What was the point of that?
edit on 1/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I think you just proves how easy it is to make someone out to be crazy. Your claiming to be a health professional and already without knowing anything about me or anything about what im actually concerned with and you have labeled me paranoid. Paranoia is a mental condition and im not paranoid. Im sitting in recliner watching House, and im typing this on my cell phone. Im not looking over my shoulder and i dont have a loaded firearm beside me waiting for the big bad govt to take my guns. No im not paranoid, im making a completely sane observation and denying ignorance that my govt wouldnt ever lie to me or have alterior motives. My govt cant do that, they are not allowed right?

Keep living in lala land.

Yes i believe doctors and nurses are trying to help. But doctors and nurse are not the ones enforcing this, govt is.

And not my treating nurse did not lie to me. I graduated with her from a small high school, i know her name, family, and i have known her over 20years throughout school. Im guessing that is the only reason she even told me that they are now required to ask that to every patient. Ill be interested to see if i get a reasonable reaponse from patient relations.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sway33

I'm sure by now someone has already said it and if not...wow...

Big pharmaceutical companies trying to pawn off anti-depressants to patients. They will diagnose you with depression and give you happy pills.

Of course then again, if you answer yes...you probably need them.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sway33

I think you just proves how easy it is to make someone out to be crazy. Your claiming to be a health professional and already without knowing anything about me or anything about what im actually concerned with and you have labeled me paranoid.

Okay.

Yes, you seem paranoid.

I'm allowed to make that assessment.
You are blowing this WAY out of proportion. I don't need to 'know you' to see in your posts that you are being paranoid in this situation.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I think your misunderstanding. I didnt know the article was false and had no reason to believe it was. The only reason i posted it was becuase it had 2 claims by people being asked questions by thier doctor. No other reason.

The fact that its false, if it is false, has nothing to do with what i experienced today in my doctors visit.

Yeah im sorry i posted an article that i found of someone giving a personal experience similar to mine, how could i be so nieve. *sarcasm* i didnt know, ok dude, i dont read every debunking possible nor care too, sorry.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Sway33

I dont know about you guys but that sends off a red flag for me. Answering yes to that one question has deep and lifelong lasting repercutions. And my question is if anyone knows why they are doing this??

This is a standard question used in mental health clinics. People who are service providers like medicine, as well as teachers, are "MANDATED REPORTERS." They are bound by law to report to the authorities if a person is a danger to self or others, or if they suspect abuse or neglect.
A person who is clearly a danger to themselves or others is subject to being 'committed to institutional care' against their will. This is usually a 72-hour period for observation and deescalation of crisis-mode thinking.
It's to keep people from offing themselves or other people. It's NOT "thought police" or some conspiracy to take your rights away...
edit on 31-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

That's a nice formal response from the perspective of the person who never gets the bill. That's 72 hours of pets that don't get fed, children without the ride to school in the morning, employers without a team player, and life on arrest for a system that many patients are never fully educated about. From a patient's perspective, it takes someone else to get out of that formalized processing.

If there is a hospital bed open, if the insurance is open, 72 hours turns into ten days if the person in question doesn't have mind altering medication, mostly on the policies of hospital executives who run the place as a business. I've seen it on the inside, people come in, they get the pills and the hours of group lectures, which are mostly geared for substance abusers who got their chemical imbalances from illegal drugs.

The non-user patient says okay I feel better now I want to go home, and the hospital says oh no you don't
- until the doctors feel like it, and
- it's only Monday through Friday between business hours, no holidays, no bad weather where a doctor doesn't feel like coming in.
- only if you have someone on the outside to speak for you
- only if you take all medication prescribed without complaints.
- only if you eat 3 meals a day and sleep 8 hours a night, no more no less
- only if you socialize with other patients
- only if you attend all meetings
- only if you agree that you have the diagnosis the doctor of the hospital gives and agree to go to follow up appointments
It is a spirit-breaking experience. And it breaks the wallet.

Speaking of wallet, they ask you more questions while in there. Like how much money you make a year.

So the 72 hour thing is formal but it's bogus in the real world. It's nice for a nurse who gets paid and gets to go home, but guaranteed that a big piece of the emotional upsets people feel in the institution are over the fact that they can't go home and they can't have any privacy. But they swallow it, put on a face and say whatever it takes to get out.

I've seen women brought in by their husbands, and husbands brought in by their wives, and daughters and sons brought in by their grandparents, for the motive of declaring them mentally unfit for raising children, just for the possessiveness over kids. Police dump drug users at mental hospitals when they are intoxicated.

If you complain about the nurses or the service or the food or the beds, some hospital staff is scum and will put in a bad word to the doctor for you. So it really is a parallel to human trafficking to please your captor to get out, or the cult system to please the cult leader to avoid penalties in the group, and they do get pushy or you get the needle with the drugs that rot your brainstem and cause your motor reflexes to be screwed for the rest of your life. I can't say if it's like jail but it might be.

It is not charity work by far. It's not service to the society at large. It's more service to the drug culture for keeping addicts alive for more sales later. I can't stress enough how rotten the psych-out industry is evolving to be. You know, the Soviets would psych-out their political dissidents, and it's getting there with the questions.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

I don't have the slightest idea where in 'the US' you are located, or how you were/are an 'insider'....
but I'm not lying to you from the point of view of a mental health clinician.

And frankly, I'm really tired of the mental health profession being accused of 'conspiracies.'

I'm not in big-pharma. I'm not a psychiatrist. I was NEVER able to prescribe......

but I KNOW how people have been helped by mental health professionals addressing substance abuse, domestic issues, depression/anxiety, child behavioral/emotional disorders, etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Yes i believe doctors and nurses are trying to help. But doctors and nurse are not the ones enforcing this, govt is.

But they're not enforcing it, remember? There is nothing to enforce. The claim about mandatory questioning is false.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Sankari

I think your misunderstanding. I didnt know the article was false and had no reason to believe it was. The only reason i posted it was becuase it had 2 claims by people being asked questions by thier doctor. No other reason.

The fact that its false, if it is false, has nothing to do with what i experienced today in my doctors visit.

Yeah im sorry i posted an article that i found of someone giving a personal experience similar to mine, how could i be so nieve. *sarcasm* i didnt know, ok dude, i dont read every debunking possible nor care too, sorry.

Clearly you are not one of nature's independent thinkers.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link