It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity seems to have lost the ability to love.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Funny, in my experience, christians are the worst of the lot, of the religious people I have met and interacted with. Condescending, bigoted etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I still disagree with you.

When I was little, my parents had a nifty little paperback book called "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" - and it was basically a guide to sarcasm. I mastered it - and taught my kids how to, as well. Yet, we are very tight, and we get each other, and we also know if we start to get irritated to say, "Sarcasm is a block to communication!" Followed by a laugh.

Lighten up.
I have to disagree about Christianity, too - the vast majority of the ones I know are basically unhappy people. Maybe because they worry and moan and forget to live every day like it's the only one they'll get. Instead, they live their whole lives fretting about what will happen when they die, and watching for "Evil Doers" all around them. Pointless, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
to last two posts; I'm disappointed that you've had negative encounters with Christians; it's been my experience that the Christians are nicer. maybe it's a southern/rural thing.
sarcasm can be funny but it can also be rude and condescending (see any internet forum).

I maintain that the US (and the west) are suffering a moral decline caused by rejection of Christianity (and Christian values)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I just exited a huge thread on that very subject - of where "morality" comes from
I can tell you that Christianity does NOT have a monopoly on 'morals' (the person I was debating earlier was Muslim and believed Islam was the proper source for 'morals, along with FEAR of punishment by God).

Religion is not required, nor is faith in a higher power, to learn, internalize, and behave with morals. I do it every day - and where I live people are friendly anyway (the Middle of the Midwestern US.)

Anyway, you're entitled to your beliefs. The Golden Rule is the only one we need - it's universal. No books, whistles, bells, incense, prayer, uniforms, rituals, or anything else required. And frankly, it's all Christ wanted anyway.

The Dalai Lama is, in my opinion, the leader of the world in morals. Karen Armstrong is a scholar of religion and theology who deserves utmost respect as well for her tireless work toward GLOBAL PEACE.
edit on 1-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

That is as much to do with the location you are vs anything. I work in Center City Philadelphia and almost everyone you walk by on the street either doesnt look at you or looks like they want to fight you.

In my area it's all about cell phones. EVERYONE walks around staring at their phones or talking on them. It's a matter of they aren't aware of anyone walking by them, or if someone talks to me I don't know it. I've gotten so used to people talking on the phone that I just assume they aren't talking to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join