It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask an Expert: The Roswell Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Posted to youtube by the National Air & Space Museum

Dr. Roger Launius, senior curator in the Space History Division of the National Air and Space Museum, discusses the 1947 Roswell Incident -- UFOs, the Cold War and Chicanery in the desert. This informal gallery talk was recorded on March 20, 2011 as part of the National Air and Space Museum's "Ask an Expert" lecture series.

What is your opinion of this?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingTeacup

G.P.D.A.C.U.S

government paid disinformation agent cover up story

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

G.P.D.A.C.U.S

government paid disinformation agent cover up story

Same claim could be made about the initial flying saucer crash story.

But I realize yours is the standard response from your particular camp, and I also realize that the USAF is itself mostly responsible for this sort of government mistrust... and likely uses it to its advantage.
edit on 31-5-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The misnomer here, IMO, is that there are no "experts" regarding this event. All those involved, directly involved and proven to be there via US Army Air Corp rolls, or base hospital rolls, or census data, each have a different story. And, it seems the stories morph over time as memory fades and is influenced by other stories.

Unfortunately....because, this single event is what got me interested in this field from the outset. Yet ,after researching it for almost 30 years now myself, alas, I have accepted that the truth will never be told, since it has been lost to the ravages of time (not by some overt massive coverup by anyone).

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If he wasn't an employee from NASA , I would have believed his story

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think this is a bunch of propaganda garbage from NASA.

I guarantee they would have never have issued the press release if it had been balloon material. Even the Mogel balloon, which almost surely didn't crash there, the RAAF intelligence team would not have mistaken it for a flying disk.

No doubt the military was involved in some sort of cover up. Since the video doesn't acknowledge that basic point, that I think is so obvious, I think it's garbage. The military has zero credibility on Roswell. The two huge 1990's reports, and "all Roswell records being lost in this 1947 timeframe" should seal the deal regarding any doubts about Roswell being a coverup.

Covering up what? That is the $16 trillion dollar question. I believe it was an alien scout vessel. I can't prove it to the satisfaction of some, however.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Fix a few mistakes.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
He's just repeating the standard debunk story with a couple of mistakes , or he's downplaying some parts of the story for his own reasons .
He says Kenneth Arnold saw a UFO when actually Arnold saw nine UFO's in formation , he also says that the press release was maybe not a press release but based on a verbal conversation between Marel and Walter Haut when the testimony of Walter Haut states that the order for the press release came from Butch Blanchard .

It seems to me that Dr Launius is an expert but not on Roswell or UFO lore .

edit on 31-5-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Awesome post gortex. Thank you for that! I've been doing plenty of reading up on the subject but to be able to knock off details like that is just...awesome. Appreciated!

peace,
AB

new topics

top topics

join