It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS forced to release list of government surveillance trigger words.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's nice we're all having fun with this, but on a serious note, they bombed Boston and no one suspected a thing. Either the system doesn't work or they had bodacious security measures (perhaps a trip to the former Soviet Union for spycraft 101?)

'Yeah, 'Jimmy', we got our 'canteens' all ready for the 'hike'...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well I guess any day now the black SUV's will be at my house. Nuclear is on that list and since Nucleardiver is my screen name, is in my Email address and many other of my online activities I'm sure I must be way up on their list.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Really scary that every word is mulled over. The good news is that when they put it all together and figure out what we are saying it turns out to be a big waste of time over nothing.

Hahaha that alone is funny in an odd way, but it still bothers me to know that everything I say or write is being watched by our beloved big brother.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by be4ne1
Isn't this "The Matrix"? Aren't we all within 'The Matrix' whether we like it or not? Whether we will admit it or not?Whether or not we tried our damnedest to avoid just that?

Yes, and if we are silent on important issues then we become complicit, if we speak out we are monitored and watched. Creepy huh.

One thing I noticed recently though was an obscure article mentioning that they are taking those horrid xray machines out of the airports now, I guess due to enough people raising concerns about the health effects. About time, it took too long but at least it shows there can be results from speaking out.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Very well put point.Wasting our intelligence resources on spying on innocent civilians while the Chinese just walked off with billions worth of our secret research and development projects.What's wrong with this picture?

Yep, you got that right. I heard a couple years ago that all of our data was rerouted through Chinese servers for a bit. That is really creepy. Besides obvious privacy rights issues, that has deep national security issues. This is why sometimes techies who work with security are more concerned with securing data. In my view, the sword cuts both ways.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
I mean, come on. You have to be an idiot not know these types of lists exist! This is what that Super Computer is doing at NSA in Maryland. It's not being used to store recipes!
My brother and I were joking around on the phone a few years back, making jokes and saying words like these. There was a suspicious looking van parked outside is house for a couple days.... Humm.

You know, one day back probably around 2008 or so, I had posted something on AOL about black helicopters, and darned if the very next day, a black helicopter literally swooped down over me, crossing the highway as I drove. It was so bizarre. It couldn't have been a news vehicle or one of those passenger copters that give people rides in that area, it was a black matte. It came so close it really spooked me. There's probably a logical explanation for it, but it sure was odd.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am pretty surprised Anon or Anonymous is not on the list. They seem to be pretty targeted at the moment. Maybe a different 3 letter agency listens for them lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
lmao @ mexicles.

S&F great thread man gave me a good laugh haha...mexicles, still chuckling.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is really really strange just today the wife and myself agreed to go to Mexico to buy Pork and this made us so happy we were high on a Cloud..

This probably is my last post here so with that said its been nice to know you fellas and gals.

Come and get me Coppers.....:-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Use these trigger words in emails and you will get a response.

Better yet encrypt your emails.

Then the NSA will notice them better

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

We need to incorporate this into a contest in the writing forums.

Whoever can use the most words in a coherent story wins.

Not really but that is funny.
Ummm.....and the winner.....is?

Whoever used.....ALL of the words creatively.............Or how about the one that used...ONLY...the words from the lists...cogently and creatively....all of them

that would be a challenge

YouSir

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I am not surprised that they sift through electronic data for keywords. It is within their right to use the data they collect as they see fit. There is no such thing as privacy, it does not exist. Even those who answer Anonymously are not truly anonymous.

Phone providers warn you with statements like: "Information that we automatically collect. We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you use our Services. We may collect information about your device such as the type, version of operating system, signal strength, whether it is on and how it is functioning, as well as information about how you use the device and services available through it, such as your call and data usage and history, your location, web sites you have visited, applications purchased, applications downloaded or used, and other similar information. We may link information we automatically collect with personal information, such as information you give us at registration or check out. We may use systems or tools to follow your use of our Services and other applications, including using cookies, web beacons and other mechanisms, along with analysis of network and device information." www.sprint.com...

Even ATS adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct which says: "NAI member companies collect and use data for marketing purposes." www.networkadvertising.org... And, ATS itself says: "We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers." www.abovetopsecret.com... ATS and the NAI are not above their collected information going to government agencies and aggregate sources, directly or indirectly. Even your internet provider collects and disseminates the information.

And, when it comes to the US government and records The United States Code Title 5 GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION AND EMPLOYEES PART I—THE AGENCIES GENERALLY (§§ 101–913) CHAPTER 5—ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE (§§ 500–596) SUBCHAPTER II—ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE (§§ 551–559) § 552a. Records maintained on individuals (b) Conditions of Disclosure. (7) says: "No agency shall disclose any record which is contained in a system of records by any means of communication to any person, or to another agency, except pursuant to a written request by, or with the prior written consent of, the individual to whom the record pertains, unless disclosure of the record would be—" (among other things) "to another agency or to an instrumentality of any governmental jurisdiction within or under the control of the United States for a civil or criminal law enforcement activity if the activity is authorized by law, and if the head of the agency or instrumentality has made a written request to the agency which maintains the record specifying the particular portion desired and the law enforcement activity for which the record is sought." It identifies "records" as "any item, collection, or grouping of information about an individual that is maintained by an agency, including, but not limited to, his education, financial transactions, medical history, and criminal or employment history and that contains his name, or the identifying number, symbol, or other identifying particular assigned to the individual, such as a finger or voice print or a photograph;" www.law.cornell.edu...

Privacy is an illusion and we agree to it.

edit on 2-6-2013 by PhyberDragon1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2013 by PhyberDragon1 because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That is totally ridicules and really means they are monitoring us all regardless of what wordage we use!
When we allow our words to be controlled we let our government control the way we convey our ideas and ideals!
IMHO this is just more fear mongering to keep us from conspiring against the true evil in the world! The Elitist......
They can have my vocabulary when they can pry it from my cold dead tongue!
edit on 2-6-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because: extra DIV

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

We need to incorporate this into a contest in the writing forums.

Whoever can use the most words in a coherent story wins.

Not really but that is funny.

That tickles my funny bone. But why do I think this is a really excellent idea?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I wonder if they understand L337? haha. I am 5U23 they do.

732202157 < can anyone read that?

- Z4'/0||4r4
edit on 6-6-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join