It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman is not a racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Sorry if already posted. Used search but didn't find this.

Prosecutors are going to have a tough time painting Zimmerman as a racist in the Travon Martin case if previous actions are any indicator. He was involved in calling attention to a policeman's son punching a homeless man in the face without any initial ramifications.

"O'Mara's allusion had particular resonance in this case because Zimmerman first surfaced publicly in Sanford, Florida, in a case involving a homeless man. As it happened, in December 2010, a police lieutenant's son named Justin Collison sucker-punched a black homeless man named Sherman Ware outside a Sanford bar, with seeming impunity."

Source
www.americanthinker.com...

edit on 31-5-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2013 by UnBreakable because: corrected spelling

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nobody, including TM supporters believed Zimmerman was ACTUALLY racist. The argument is that he profiled TM. That doesn't necessarily mean you're racist, it just means you and MSM have a relationship.

This case has gotten way out of hand.

And the most ignored fact by Zimmerman supporters is that TM was actually a guest at a house in the neighborhood at the time, and was breaking NO laws.

If I were a prosecutor I'd pursue negligent homicide - which is usually the charge that comes out in a murder that is a result of a TERRIBLE decision such as ignoring police dispatcher advice.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Yeah i'm pretty TM being black has nothing., Zimmerman would have followed an Asian kid with books in his hands too.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

IMHO, Zimmerman's racism or lack thereof, isnt the main issue.

Zimmerman called 911. They told him to not do anything. TM actually ran away and Zimmerman chose to pursue TM at which point an armed gunman shot and killed someone who was unarmed...

One of the most telling pieces of evidence is the call. Here, have a listen.

edit on 31-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

if that's all you got zimmerman is gonna walk.

at the 2:37 you hear zimmerman say he ran and i get the impression and i'm sure others do to, he doesn't know where he ran to.
then later as he is talking to the dispatcher at the 3:36 mark he didn't want to say his address out loud because he didn't know " oh crap i don't want to give it out, I don't where this kid is". then asked to have the police call him when they arrive.

at this point it would seem that zimmerman, had lost sight and was walking back to his truck, and that he was no longer following tm.

edit on 31-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

Originally posted by gladtobehere

if that's all you got zimmerman is gonna walk.

at the 2:37 you hear zimmerman say he ran and i get the impression and i'm sure others do to, he doesn't know where he ran to.

Of course he did. He'd just watched him turn at the T junction, and went heading after him to keep him in sight, so he says, and even suggested to the dispatcher that TM was heading for the back entrance.

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
then later as he is talking to the dispatcher at the 3:56 mark he didn't want to say his address out loud because he didn't know " oh crap i don't want to give it out, I don't where this kid is". then asked to have the police call him when they arrive.

at this point it would seem that zimmerman, had lost sight and was walking back to his truck, and that he was no longer following tm.

More like it would seem that Zimmerman had a good idea exactly where TM was and didn't want the dispatcher to hear his heroic act of catching the neighbourhood bad guy, as he'd be using some non-neighbourhood watch approved tactics.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Doesn't matter, the moment he pursued TM, "Stand your Ground" went out the window. As an above member stated, "Negligent Homicide" is actually a much better charge in this case, but I suspect the prosecution will get a guilty verdict no matter what, as the armed pursuit certainly shows intent.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Well, its not "all Ive got". I dont "have anything"...

Anyway, my point is simply that you and others keep arguing or debating what happened after the fact.

TM ran away, then Zimmerman was told to wait until the police arrived.

Thats all that had to happen that night.

But Zimmerman ran after him, chased him down (however one wants to phrase it) and then the person in pursuit shoots the person who was fleeing, claiming self defense... Still not sure how you can chase someone down, then claim self defense...

edit on 31-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Doesn't matter, the moment he pursued TM, "Stand your Ground" went out the window. As an above member stated, "Negligent Homicide" is actually a much better charge in this case, but I suspect the prosecution will get a guilty verdict no matter what, as the armed pursuit certainly shows intent.

I think the prosecution will have a tough time if the jury is shown pictures of the grass stains on TM's pant legs, bolstering Zimmerman's claims of TM straddling him and banging his head on the ground, with the resulting shooting as self-defense as TM was the aggressor.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by Gazrok

I think the prosecution will have a tough time if the jury is shown pictures of the grass stains on TM's pant legs, bolstering Zimmerman's claims of TM straddling him and banging his head on the ground, with the resulting shooting as self-defense as TM was the aggressor.

If Trayvon was really mounting a resisting Zimmerman, he'd have more than grass stains on his pants legs, he'd have had clearly visible mud-stains wherever his knees met his trousers and pressed against the wet grass beneath. There'd have also been clear signs on the ground of such a life and death struggle, had Sanford PD treated the location as a potential murder scene, rather than the location of heroic George's amazing fightback against a vicious thug.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Living in a neighborhood thats 98% black and I look white I hope the verdect isn't till the snow flies. Some people are always looking for a reason to burn things down

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
of course he is. he was out for blood that night and the black kid got in the way.
edit on 31-5-2013 by AkhenatenII because: spelling

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
Living in a neighborhood thats 98% black and I look white I hope the verdect isn't till the snow flies. Some people are always looking for a reason to burn things down

Well, CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the media have already declared Zimmerman as guilty with the initial pictures of TM showing when he was a kid five years ago vs Zimmerman in his orange prison jumpsuit. Also the prosecution holding back evidence, etc., so don''t worry there'll be no riots. Now if it is a fair trial and Zimmerman is exonerated under self defense, FLA will burn.
edit on 31-5-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by unphased
Nobody, including TM supporters believed Zimmerman was ACTUALLY racist. The argument is that he profiled TM. That doesn't necessarily mean you're racist, it just means you and MSM have a relationship.

This case has gotten way out of hand.

And the most ignored fact by Zimmerman supporters is that TM was actually a guest at a house in the neighborhood at the time, and was breaking NO laws.

If I were a prosecutor I'd pursue negligent homicide - which is usually the charge that comes out in a murder that is a result of a TERRIBLE decision such as ignoring police dispatcher advice.

The fact is, police dont always give good advice. Also, there was no way for him to know tm was a guest. All he knew was that he, gz was a neighborhood watch guard and he saw some stranger in his neighborhood. Perhaps experience told him that strangers in his neighborhood usually lead up to no good. Of course its a free country and we can go wherever we want. But if I'm in an unfamiliar neighborhood walking around, and someone showed concern, first, I would totally understandespecially seeing how the media ramps up the fear levels soa high, and I definitely would not start a fight with someone who lives there, especially if I planned to return to the neighborhood in the future. I would probably just explain that I'm visiting a friend. But seeing how the black community has been hoodwinked into believing everyone is always out to get them, I can also understand why tm reacted so brashly to being followed. You just know what was going through his mind "its because I'm black!" If anyone ever does anything disagreeable in the eyes of a black person, then the whole reason for the person doing so automatically becomes "its because I'm black". Or "because they are not black".

I don't even believe in racism, except for those who openly admit it. If you say you're not racist, you're not a true racist then. A true racist would never deny it, ever. Just like a true Christian would never deny Jesus. Muslims would never deny Allah or Muhammad, etc.etc.etc...

So, racism against blacks is a thing of the past. A dinosaur. If you claim that people are still not being fair to blacks, that may be true in some cases. But its not racism. It's something else I don't have the time to explain or even really pinpoint for myself at the moment... I'll give it a brief try though. Racism indicates a prejudice against ALL blacks. I guarantee you at least 90% of whites in America are not racist by that definition. There are some blacks i don't want to associate with...but most of them I love being around with all my heart. The same.statement goes for whites, and every other racial category. Believe it or not, there ARE other indicators other than color that can tell you if you will enjoy the persons company or not. The way they dress, the way they talk, the way they walk, the way they react to certain situations, their taste in music, hobbies, etc... Of course these are just first impressions. They might be a really nice individual, but we really have no choice but to go by past experiences combined with first impressions. Then, if by choice or chance, we get to know that person, we can say "wow I was surprised when that 'thug' began to quote some of my favorite philosophers, authors, etc, and offered to help in such and such way, I have to admit I was dead wrong there about my first impressions of that individual" and other times you might say "well, I can't say I'm surprised that person never came back with my $20 like they promised, I guess I should've known better". And this can apply to any race. So, treating people differently is not always racism. In fact, I suspect it rarely is.

I guess you could call it discrimination. But not based on color. It's based on whatever criteria you use to determine first impressions, combined with past experiences. Some people, if they are young enough, might actually be able to honestly say "the only time I ever got beat up and robbed was by a group of black/white/whatever" and so, based on their past experiences, they are going to be wary, and perhaps even hold a grudge against that group of people. So for a while, they might be cautious of people who wear baggy clothes and sag their pants and wear bandanas and talk with street slang, or if they got robbed by a group of nuns, they'd be terrified or hate nuns, or if it was a bunch of circus clowns, well, you get the idea... But if that person lives long enough and gets around a little outside their hometown, they might realize only SOME clowns are evil... But until they have that realization, what choice do they have but to go from past experiences, and if their first impression of you correlates directly with that past experience, whether good or bad, THAT is the information they have on how to proceed with you. They might be spiteful...or they might trust you fully...they might even trust you a little too muc

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't think Zimmerman is racist. He's just a violent thug who murdered a defenceless young man.

new topics

top topics

join