Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Comparing Bush to Hitler

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
These threads are filled with accusations both direct and indirect that try to compare Bush to Hitler. Now this alone is absolute nonsense but that’s not why I made this post. I wanted to point out that many of these same posters often add to the statement something like the following.

They claim that Bush is like Hitler and then go on to praise our military for doing a good job under poor conditions. What outrageous madness is this? If you think Bush is the moral equivalent of Adolph Hitler then by default the troops who love and obey him are evil. Stop trying to have it both ways. You want to demonize Bush but on the same hand praise and respect the, “evil” troops that obey his wicked commands!

You’re all crazy!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I agree. I think from now on, everytime someone compares Bush to Hilter, I'm gonna use that same warped sense of logic and compare Michael Moore to Osama BinLaden.

"Well, he hates Bush! He uh...he doesn't want us to have guns! Maybe that's because HE wants all of the guns and he's going to use them to kill all of us!!!!! And we won't be able to defend ourselves because we have no guns!!!! Woah is me, whoa is me!"

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hitler had much more conviction.
Hitler was the catalyst of his cause, not the well connected figurehead to it.

GW Bush could not be Hitler on his best day. So while it is right to cheer the hell that Adolph burns in as rightous, it is foolish to diminish an extremely capable man.

His being evil does not diminish "Hannibal Lechter's" brilliance.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
They claim that Bush is like Hitler and then go on to praise our military for doing a good job under poor conditions. What outrageous madness is this? If you think Bush is the moral equivalent of Adolph Hitler then by default the troops who love and obey him are evil. Stop trying to have it both ways. You want to demonize Bush but on the same hand praise and respect the, “evil” troops that obey his wicked commands!

You’re all crazy!

Not as crazy as you!

1)Bush doesn't have any troops. If you are refering to the members of the Armed Forces, many of whom do not like this war, then please realize that they were as duped by him (if not more do to the militaries propoganda machine) as we were.

2)Many people are against this war because their loved ones have to fight in it.
I now a women at my church who has both her sons inthe marines and yet she is a dedicated pacifist(and yet, contrary to you "logic" loves and cares about and gets along with both her sons very much).

3)Your so called "reasoning" ( and in this case I use the term as loosely as possible)is utterly devoid of any logic whatsoever. The troops only technically follow the president. He is not out there leading them in battle(though I think that he should be). They dont' really "follow him" as you put it. They follow the leaders who are out their inthe field with them. If you knew anything about the Marines then you would know that true marines fight for their brothers in arms, not some guy sitting back in the states.

If Vietnam taught us anything, it is that we MUST seperate a war from the soldiers who are forced to fight in it. Though many could have gone AWOL they instaed chose to honor their contract and stick with their bretheran in the long road ahead.

[Edited on 27-11-2004 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

S4E

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

These threads are filled with accusations both direct and indirect that try to compare Bush to Hitler. Now this alone is absolute nonsense but that’s not why I made this post. I wanted to point out that many of these same posters often add to the statement something like the following.

I am against the war and I do disagree with Bush on some issues. But there is no doubt in my mind that he loves this country and never would I wish harm against him.

To compare him to Hitler is ridiculous, I just compare him to a cowboy.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I_AM_That_I_AM
1)Bush doesn't have any troops. If you are refering to the members of the Armed Forces, many of whom do not like this war, then please realize that they were as duped by him (if not more do to the militaries propoganda machine) as we were.

President George Bush is the Commander and Chief of our armed forces and he does have troops under his command. If the men and women who serve in our armed forces where, “duped” as you say they were, why did they vote for him at a ratio of eight out of ten in the last election? Are they still under his, “mind control”? Are you trying to infer that our troops are stupid and gullible?

I served in the military and I know why most of them voted for George Bush. They voted for him for the same reason they have always voted for Republicans eight to ten over Democrats. Democrats are weak on defense and our service members know this.

I_AM_That_I_AM
2)Many people are against this war because their loved ones have to fight in it. I now a women at my church who has both her sons inthe marines and yet she is a dedicated pacifist(and yet, contrary to you "logic" loves and cares about and gets along with both her sons very much).

You can be against this war and not equate President George Bush to Hitler. If someone is against this war and voices their opinions in a well-reasoned manner I can live with that. It’s those people who are not only against this war but make outrageous claims that they believe President Bush is the moral equivalent of Adolph Hitler! These same people then go on to say how much they support our troops. This is a moral outrage! If President Bush is Hitler then those troops who obey his evil commands deserve death! You cannot have it both ways.

I_AM_That_I_AM 3)Your so called "reasoning" ( and in this case I use the term as loosely as possible)is utterly devoid of any logic whatsoever. The troops only technically follow the president. He is not out there leading them in battle(though I think that he should be). They dont' really "follow him" as you put it. They follow the leaders who are out their inthe field with them. If you knew anything about the Marines then you would know that true marines fight for their brothers in arms, not some guy sitting back in the states.

So by your reasoning you would stand by the Nazi Soldiers who claimed that they were only, “following orders”? After all, Hitler wasn’t actually on the battlefield, “leading” them, his leaders in the field did that. So by your logic it was ok for them to support the Nazi regime because they were not doing it for Hitler but for their leaders and brothers in arms.

You have a dangerous thought process. The same logic that you use to support our troops has been used in the past. It was the primary defense of the Nazi Soldier at Nuremberg. Thank God the men who oversaw that trial saw it for what it was, nonsense!

I_AM_That_I_AM 1 If Vietnam taught us anything, it is that we MUST seperate a war from the soldiers who are forced to fight in it. Though many could have gone AWOL they instaed chose to honor their contract and stick with their bretheran in the long road ahead.

I agree, to a point. If they are against the war for practical reasons or other reasons which are outside of morality then by all means they should fight. However, if they are against the war for moral reasons but fight anyway then they are cowards! They have said in their hearts that what they are doing is evil but do it anyway to avoid personal problems that their morality would bring upon them if they refused to fight. They are cowards and cowards of the most perverse kind.

Most of the soldiers who fought for Adolph Hitler knew that they were supporting an evil empire but did it anyway. If they had any moral courage they would have fought against Hitler but most did not.

The sum of my argument is this. If you are serving in the military you must ask yourself a very important question. Is what I’m doing a violation of moral principle? If it is, you must at the very least, leave the military. If you stay and support something that you know is evil you are a coward. Every American must also ask themselves the same question. Do I think that our actions in Iraq or elsewhere are evil? If you think that they are you need to denounce those actions and the soldiers who support them.

A soldier can never be separated from the cause that he serves. If the cause is good then he is good. Now I’m using moral terms here. If the cause is evil then he is evil for supporting it. This is not a new thought. We used this same logic to find many Nazi soldiers guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity. The Nazi’s tried to make the, "I was only following orders” defense and it could not withstand the weight of the moral test.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Bout Time

I don't think that hitler was some brilliant genius. Passion? He supposedly was in love with some Jewish girl in college and did not even have enough courage to show his face to her. Hitler was a weak and decrepid soul. He was an imbecile fueled by jealousy and hate for those who had what he wished for.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I do agree Hitler was a tad smarter than Bush.

Bush likes
and
but
is a mere puppet figure.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
now now kids.... this forumn is only to use of it doesnt slander against another member. how do u no president Bush isnt a member of abovetopsecret?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
now now kids.... this forumn is only to use of it doesnt slander against another member. how do u no president Bush isnt a member of abovetopsecret?

If he's on here then I'm Dick Cheney!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

1)President George Bush is the Commander and Chief of our armed forces and he does have troops under his command. Are you trying to infer that our troops are stupid and gullible?

The military has a very powerful propaganda machine. It doesn't take being gullible or stupid to believe things that are broadcast at you (both literally and figurativaly) 24-7.

And I meant that Bush hasn't made them swear personal loyalty to them as Hitler did his own troops.

Originally posted by Machine I served in the military and I know why most of them voted for George Bush. Democrats are weak on defense and our service members know this.

Actually it's that the Rupublicans pay more. I was in the military as well.
That is the singular reason I heard again and again as to why I should vote for Republicans. Money.

2). It’s those people who ...make outrageous claims that they believe President Bush is the moral equivalent of Adolph Hitler! These same people then go on to say how much they support our troops. This is a moral outrage! If President Bush is Hitler then those troops who obey his evil commands deserve death! You cannot have it both ways.

Yes you can. NOt everyone has your narrow viewpoint.

3)So by your reasoning you would stand by the Nazi Soldiers who claimed that they were only, “following orders”?. So by your logic it was ok for them to support the Nazi regime because they were not doing it for Hitler but for their leaders and brothers in arms.

Yet they swore personal allegiance to Hitler, and willingly took part in a Holocaust, I fail to see the "work camps" where our troops our quietly slaughtering the Iraqis by the millions. Oh, that's right, when they caught fellow soldiers doing things that violated the Geneva convention they told CBS.

Originally posted by MachineYou have a dangerous thought process. It was the primary defense of the Nazi Soldier at Nuremberg. Thank God the men who oversaw that trial saw it for what it was, nonsense!

YOur "thought" process, is by far more dangerous. As it insists on making false connections while ignoring true ones.

Most of the soldiers who fought for Adolph Hitler knew that they were supporting an evil empire but did it anyway. If they had any moral courage they would have fought against Hitler but most did not.

If you are serving in the military you must ask yourself a very important question. Is what I’m doing a violation of moral principle? If it is, you must at the very least, leave the military. If you stay and support something that you know is evil you are a coward. Do I think that our actions in Iraq or elsewhere are evil? If you think that they are you need to denounce those actions and the soldiers who support them.

A soldier can never be separated from the cause that he serves. If the cause is good then he is good. Now I’m using moral terms here. If the cause is evil then he is evil for supporting it..

The Nazi's tried a defense that didn't work because it was based on tehpremise that they didn't knowthat they were committing crimes against humanity. As you can see by the abu gureve(sp?) scandel ours do and whenthey stepover that line they are turned in by their fellow soldiers and punished for it.

YOur claim that "A soldier can never be separated from the cause that he serves." ignores the fact that most soldiers fight not for any cause but for their fellow soldiers. They aren't fighting for home and country, Or any excuse that the Pres or anyone else give the American people for sending them to war....

...what are they fighting for? They are fighting for the guy next to them and the guy next to him. and so on....

[Edited on 30-11-2004 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
LISTEN "I am" my whole family is in the core as we call it...did you know that when bush got re-elected they celebrated and went around saying georgies back in town......they love their comander in chief

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
LISTEN "I am" my whole family is in the core as we call it...did you know that when bush got re-elected they celebrated and went around saying georgies back in town......they love their comander in chief

Your family makes up the whole of the core?
Wow, the whole of the Armed Forces really?

Not that I care.
YOur family being conservatives(or Bush
fans or whatever:clwndnc
misses the point of the arguement entirely.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
listen" your not and your not."...........the point is our boys love georgie....we are liberators over there not occupiers...long live the home of the brave.........
back at ya

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
hitler did not liberate he tryd to dominate

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Let's see.

Hitler had no ability to speak Englis . . . erm, just a minute.

Hitler was shorter, and a Catholic. How's that?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
listen" your not and your not."...........the point is our boys love georgie....we are liberators over there not occupiers...long live the home of the brave.........
back at ya

HAHAH! "iknin"
OUr "boys" don't all "'love georgie" and and arent' all "boys" anyway.
The second part isn't being debated. The next point is true, and the last oint is... welll....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
yeh i think that's farfetched to be comparing bush to hitler. theres so many differences that i think i won't bother to name them all cause most have already been said. however, i think it's one of those things where someone thinks bush is like hitler bassed on the fact that they don't like hitler and they don't like bush. the was has been going on for some time now in iraq, it's time to quit being anti-war and anti-bush, start supporting your country and your troops. i just hope the troops don't get the same reaction as after the vietnam war, but to be honest i wouldn't really be that surprised. iraq is going to be 100 times better than it was, it will take time to re-adjust but in the end the war was better for iraq rather than the on-going dictatorship and suffering. yes people have suffered during this war and innocent people have died but that is true of any war. anyways yeah bush isn't like hitler. im sure bush didnt write a book like meine kampf aswel

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
I don't think that hitler was some brilliant genius. Passion? He supposedly was in love with some Jewish girl in college and did not even have enough courage to show his face to her. Hitler was a weak and decrepid soul. He was an imbecile fueled by jealousy and hate for those who had what he wished for.

Actually, he was indeed among genius level, he was extremely intelligent actually, he didn't necessarily show his genius in public, because you see him usually just observing the work of other scientists that are making his horid inventions. When actually many of the ideas personally came from his mind, he was very clever which obviously shows in his military tactics, thats where he released most of his intelligence.

And for comparing Bush to Hitler, this is completely absurd i say. I'm definately not a great Bush supporter but he isnt evil!!!??!?!? Saddame Hussein is evil, Osama Bin Laden can constitute as being evil, not Bush. I hear every day of accusations against bush, saying he's evil and trying to take over the world, or how the illuminati is commanding him what to do and hes not actually in charge, and even that Bush is a Frigin alien!!!!! I'll believe that when i see it.... There is no direct evidence of these accusations against Buush at all, hes acting just like all other previous world leaders, has he committed genecide????? NO! He hasnt even killed someone in public, if he really were such an evil man/alien or w/e, the people saying all this crap would be dead, that's what a real tyrant does. He declares war against Iraq, and people freak out like he's the anti-christ (another absurd theory, no matter how possible), look at our history, since when did the world leaders not declare war against another contry for w/e reason!!! He's not having his enemies Crucified in the white house lawn, like the darn Romans is he!!??!?! Well anyways, people can believe what they want i guess....
Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hitler was hardly a genius.

He bungled his chance to crush the British at Dunkirk and broke the nonaggression pact with Stalin before stabilizing his position in western Europe.
He failed to secure the Mediterranean by occupying the strait of Gibraltar and the Suez canal. He had the world's first cruise missiles and instead of attacking military targets he used them to terrorize civilians. He also failed to do much coordination with Japan and made the mistake of declaring war on the USA when the USA was about to concentrate on Japan. All of these things are a relief because these mistakes let the good guys win, but at the same time I worry about what a more clever dictator could do if he were in Hitler's position.

[edit on 1/26/2005 by BeefotronX]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join