It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Syrian forces kill American, British citizen accused of fighting alongside rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Report: Syrian forces kill American, British citizen accused of fighting alongside rebels

edition.cnn.com

Syrian state-run television reported Thursday that forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad killed three Westerners, including an American woman and a British citizen, who it claims were fighting with the rebels and were found with weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I wonder how much this will change the push for war on the side of the US and UK?

Now Hague has permission to arm the rebels, this has come along at a frightfully convenient time to get those war drums beating a little louder.

And once again indestructible passports and drivers licenses have been found to help ID the bodies.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I don't understand why the third nationality hasn't been revealed yet though?

But if they were over there to fight then I'll let George Carlin speak for me.

'Besides, who cares about some mercenary civilian contractor from Oklahoma who gets his head cut off? Hey Jack, you don't want to get your head cut off? Stay in Oklahoma. They ain't cuttin' off heads in Oklahoma, far as I know. But I do know this: you strap on a gun and go struttin' around some other man's country, you'd better be ready for some action, Jack. People are touchy about that sort of thing.'
edit on 31-5-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Good.
I agree with Carlin.
In fact I believe we should bring all real soldiers home.
We should not support mercenaries.
We should not give billions in foreign aid either.
We should not give weaponry as well.
We should work on our own homeland, Goddess knows we have enough problems of our own.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Even more interesting from the Telegraph on the story.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The three had apparently been taking photos of military positions on the road between Harim, near the border with Turkey, and the town of Idlib further south when government troops ambushed them, he added. Images purporting to show their travel documents have been posted online.

Converts? Spooks?
edit on 31-5-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well, that will teach them to go be in someone else's war, won't it?

I wish I could have sympathy but we shouldn't be there in any capacity. This isn't our fight. If mercenaries or spies get caught? Well... Tough. Such are the breaks when breaking someone else's country. A foreign fighter would get no more consideration out of me being caught here, fighting for another nation. Screw 'em.

Now lets get our people OUT of that death trap and let the locals sort their own issues...without our help.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I wonder how Americans go there while we(shia) people are not allowed to go to shrines of our dearest religious people.

They must be brain washed or highly paid to do that.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well, if you're gonna stay in an unsafe, war-torn country, the last thing you ought to be doing is suspiciously sneaking around and hiding around corners taking pics of military. If anything, I'd be trying my best to blend into the background and not draw any unwanted attention.

In fact, I'd have high-tailed it outta there so fast you wouldn't see my arse for dust, long ago.

Common sense or what?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Could this be a reporter and her bodyguard?
The found with weapons story sounds like its possible they whacked some scoop seeking missus??

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The US and allies are fueling the fire of the Syrian civil war and end result is 70K dead and many more wounded. Russia will keep its business steamlined with Iran but in Syria, Russia and CSTO will get directly involved in terms of both men and machines.

US has no business in Syria, 2014 common elections will be held and winner will take to power. Winner may be or may not be Assad. If the elections are not fair then more problems otherwise democracy takes hold. What is the problem with US, why are they arming the rebels why can't they wait for elections which are only few months away at most.
edit on 31-5-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If they didn't have permission from government forces to be there what did they expect?

War happened in a war zone.

I'm not so cold as to say I don't feel any condolences for their families, but as for the slain they had to know this would be a risk ... right?

top topics

join