It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd sound just a couple minutes ago, Louisiana.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
So I'm here just browsing ATS and Reddit in the wee-hours of the morning. At roughly 4:46AM central time, I heard an "aircraft" engine pierce through the air. It was loud considering that my windows are shut and my computer has a constant humming noise, and I heard it clearly.

Now this sound wasn't your everyday airliner engine. It literally went from quiet, too jet engine noise. The pitch was cascading down as I would guess it was passing over, but then again another oddity - the sound just cutoff as if someone just hit the stop button on a youtube video.

It kinda sounded almost like when you have a window cracked open, and it's super windy outside and you get that deep whistling.

Obviously I'm guessing that whatever it was, was a military aircraft. I've never heard a military aircraft just appear from silence and end instantly in silence. Also, no sonic boom. Any ideas?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
..i've heard pretty much the same thing you're describing, at the same early hours..
..if we're reading forums like these it's probably just a normal jet.. might just sound odd in the quiet hours?
[edit]
Australia here, probably the last 6-12 months that i recall taking note of this 'erratic' jet-liner noise?
..i do think it's probably nothing "unusual"

..but if you're keen, there's a few youtube users been posting some strange infra-red footage lately
edit on 31-5-2013 by UNIT76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Been up since 3 am. In Kenner by the air port. Didn't hear anything. Where you located at?

Eta: air traffic gets really heavy 5-10 here it seems. I'm so use to it I could've not heard it.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The Aircraft could have been lower than the usual flyby height....
When they fly low they are harder to hear comming and they go by majorly quickly..the sound fades fast as welll

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
lst night i saw a high plane seem as though it was skipping around too fast and then back and forth once. It was very strange indeed.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Depends on what part of the state you are in. Are you en route between Louisiana and Texas military bases? We get a lot of training exercises flying along I-10, sometimes planes but mostly helicopters. My cousin is a training pilot out of Fort Polk.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have heard it here twice and actually filmed it both times! Both were in April this year and only 11 days apart. They were definitely not like any jet noises that I have heard before, and I haven't heard them since then.

The first time I heard it, it lasted for about 10 minutes and was so loud that it rattled my windows. It literally just hovered right over my house for about 5 minutes before moving on. I really wish I had thought to film it earlier, but I was just so amazed/confused as to what it was. It was so loud! I did grab the camera as it was rolling away and caught the last 30 seconds of the sound before it "switched off" just like you described. Now my vid isn't all that great, but you should be able to hear it quit abruptly right at the end around the 20 sec mark..

The second one is a little longer in duration, but you can't really hear it after around the 1:30 minute mark.(You can hear it a lot better with earphones on) I had kept filming it as long as I could hear it in real time, but my little flipshare camera doesn't have the best sound quality. Anyway, here it is for what it's worth. I did have a person from Florida comment and say that they have been hearing the exact same noise over their area too.

I hope you can hear what I am talking about in each of those. I never shared them on here because I know they are not the best quality, and I know what a tough crowd ATS can be. That aside, I know that what I heard was not a normal everyday sound. I grew up living by an airport and surrounded by AWACS jets in the skies, this was not like any of those.

I also wanted to share a much better representation of what it sounded like when it was directly overhead. There was a video from last year that I found online after hearing this thing last month. It was filmed about 75 miles from here in another extremely rural part of Oklahoma. (You will probably want to turn you speaker volume way down before playing this one)

Do any of those sound like what you heard? I have been very curious about what is causing it since hearing it last month. It sounds almost exactly like a jet, but the difference would be that it is so much louder than any other jet I have ever heard, and that it seems to be able to hover over areas for a long period of time. Neither of the times that I filmed it did I ever see any type of aircraft in the sky, but I am obviously surrounded by large trees that could obstruct my view if anything was able to be seen. It would be nice to know what is causing it.

~OkieDokie

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Fracking pump. Lots of people start to report similar mysterious machinery sounds in the last 5 years. And they often happen to be in oil and gas drilling regions.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It would be nice to know what is causing it.
reply to post by OkieDokie

in my opinion, no it wouldn't.

top topics

join